Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The "CEP" - Color Enable Package v. 9.2.0 - 15 MAY 2009

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2005 at 2:46 AM - Updated 27th Apr 2020 at 1:30 PM by HugeLunatic : adding supercollection instructions

1048 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 755 Feedback Posts, 292 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 42 of 42
Test Subject
#1026 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 9:28 AM
do you have to download and install both auto and manual files?
Theorist
#1027 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aprilmdizon
do you have to download and install both auto and manual files?

No, one or the other.
Scroll down in the description and read the section entitled Installation and Usage.
If you're running Windows, you probably should just use the Automatic.
If you're running Apple, you're on your own.
Test Subject
#1028 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 2:11 AM
Wow! Omg, this is SO helpful! Now there can be recolours of anything! Amazing work
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#1029 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 9:21 PM
So I don't mean to sound like an idiot, but... Do you think this would function okay with the Stories spin-offs, since it's the same game engine?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1030 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 6:19 PM
Thank you for the time and effort you have put into this and anything else you've created, it IS appreciated. It's people like you who make the sims worthwhile, makes the sims great, makes the sims even more fun, makes the sims a game that all those with some talent are able to improve upon, so again THANK YOU!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1031 Old 13th Apr 2022 at 5:20 AM
Just wanted to say thank you. You have added a lot to this game even the current Sims 4 has benefited from your tutorials helping those who have made stuff that others learned from.
Test Subject
#1032 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 9:35 AM
I have problem... I auto installed CEP, read the documentation, checked if all files and folders are in place (they are), but I still can't see recolors in game. Help, please!
Test Subject
#1033 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 11:05 AM
CEP will not work in my game. I tried auto install and then manual install. Neither worked and recolours will not show up in my game. Everything was done correctly. I also use the Ultimate Collection.
Test Subject
#1034 Old 22nd Nov 2022 at 8:00 PM
Instruction for windows - The Sims 2 UC (aka Origin version)
To keep it as simple as possible, the game has two folders in two different places. Start by finding it.

First is in documents (you probably know this folder) and I will call this "documents folder".
Path: \Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection

If you didn't change anything, the second folder should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
WE USE BASE GAME folder, so full path will be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData
I will call this "program folder".

If you have two folders, you will install it without problem.

1. _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package
It goes to documents folder to Downloads. If you don't have downloads folder, create it.
Path: C:\Users\Pigmej\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads

2. _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package
It goes to program folder.
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Sims3D

3. Open extras folder from mod folder. There are two other folders - my documents and ProgramFiles. Don't copy any of this folder. You need ONLY FOLDER INSIDE!

4. Folder from my document goes to documents folder, but no to downloads!
C:\Users\Pigmej\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection
If you have Downloads folder and zCEP-EXTRA in the same folder, that's the right place.

5. Folder from ProgramFiles folder goes to program folder.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog

Now it should work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1035 Old 19th Jan 2023 at 2:46 AM
brazilian thanks for the mod , it would be nice if there were
more mods of the sim 2 , but never but there was an update
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1036 Old 3rd Feb 2023 at 11:02 PM
Ten plus years since being made and still working really well for many other mods. Absolute godsend!
This is perhaps one of the most valuable mods on this site, and it makes sense why it is listed as the most popular mod here ahahah
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1037 Old 12th Mar 2023 at 9:02 PM
Thank you so much for this! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1038 Old 27th Mar 2023 at 8:20 AM
Thank you so much for this mod!! So happy its still working 14 years later, its a lifesaver!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1039 Old 27th Mar 2023 at 9:57 PM
Is there any way to make CEP not hide the recolors for the "The Artefact by Ergo" "The Embrasure by Ergo" and "The Pythagoras"? Whenever I have CEP installed, I can only see the yellow versions of these windows and all the other game colors for it are gone?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1040 Old 9th May 2023 at 6:51 AM
Thank you for all your hard work and creations!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1041 Old 6th Jun 2023 at 2:32 AM
Is anyone else having issues donating? I tried to leave a CEP donation to Numenor, but the paypal site said something went wrong... 😕 I did try to pay as a guest, so that might be the issue, but could someone let me know if donations actually work? I'm not a big fan of entering my personal information multiple times (especially my CC) on a website so I doubt I'll try again unless someone can confirm this for me. Thanks!

Either way, thank you to the creator for all of the amazing early work done that has kept this game alive and thriving today! Much respect 🥰
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1042 Old 30th Sep 2023 at 12:59 PM
Thank you so much for making this! Your mods have helped thousand upon THOUSANDS of people and we appreciate it so much!! Wish you all the best! :D
Test Subject
#1043 Old 15th Jan 2024 at 2:41 PM
pls help

does CEP-EXTRA_Phones.package conflict with episims' cellphone dr? i don't understand where to look for CEP-EXTRA_Cellphone she mentioned has to be deleted as it conflicts with this smartphone..

https://episims.tumblr.com/post/639...one-in-the-mood
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1044 Old 28th Jan 2024 at 12:41 PM
Does this mod affect the colour of chess boards?
Test Subject
#1045 Old 10th Feb 2024 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by meowgli
pls help

does CEP-EXTRA_Phones.package conflict with episims' cellphone dr? i don't understand where to look for CEP-EXTRA_Cellphone she mentioned has to be deleted as it conflicts with this smartphone..

https://episims.tumblr.com/post/639...one-in-the-mood

I just double-checked the original files you get when you download this, and there isn't a file called CEP-EXTRA_Cellphone. The only thing that's close is the CEP-EXTRA_Phones you mentioned. Since the file CEP-EXTRA_Cellphone doesn't exist, perhaps it'd be best to ask Epi to clarify over on Tumblr?

I've been using their Smart Phones for awhile now (although now I see I need to update them, lol) without deleting any of the CEP-EXTRA files and haven't had a problem, so I'm not sure what Epi means?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1046 Old 10th Feb 2024 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DellaLuna
I just double-checked the original files you get when you download this, and there isn't a file called CEP-EXTRA_Cellphone. The only thing that's close is the CEP-EXTRA_Phones you mentioned. Since the file CEP-EXTRA_Cellphone doesn't exist, perhaps it'd be best to ask Epi to clarify over on Tumblr?
I've been using their Smart Phones for awhile now (although now I see I need to update them, lol) without deleting any of the CEP-EXTRA files and haven't had a problem, so I'm not sure what Epi means?

I checked the inner files of the CEP, and while there is an optional CEP-Extra named "Phones", it only affects wall and table phones, there is no reference whatsoever to the "accessoryCellPhonePda" used by Epi. Therefore, as much as I can tell, Epi's cellphone is perfectly compatible with the CEP, including the "CEP_Phones" extra.
That said, you can easily remove the CEP-Extra related to the phones running again the CEP installer and deselect the option related to the phones.

In the documentation installed by the CEP into your Documents folder, there is a specific explanation about the CEP Extras; this is an excerpt regarding the phones:
Quote:
“Simline” wall/table phones (Base Game)
“Talkatron” wall/table phones (Pets)
FEATURE: fully recolourable + Automatic handset.
All the 4 phones will become fully recolourable, using this CEP Extra; moreover, the handset takes automatically the recolour from the base (for the Simline one, it happens when you go to live mode). Please note that the recolourable handset was already included in the older CEP version as a standard feature. The difference is that now the handset takes the proper recolour automatically.
(Fix originally included in CEP 1.0, affecting only the base-game phone, then re- released as separate CEP Extra in CEP 8.0 and lastly FIXED in CEP Extra 8.1)

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1047 Old 10th Feb 2024 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NeutralWarlock246
Does this mod affect the colour of chess boards?

Yes, there is an optional CEP-Extra that enables full recolours on the basegame chessboard; the optional file is automatically selected when you install the CEP.

Here is an excerpt from the documentation installed along with the CEP:
Quote:
Chessboard (Base Game)
FEATURE: board and pedestal recolourable at once.
The original chessboard had only the pedestal recolourable; the matching textures for the board did exist, but were “lost”. Installing this CEP Extra, the chessboard becomes fully recolourable (thus recovering the “lost” board colours).
The existing recolours in most cases, will still work and will automatically get the new feature. Only the recolours created for the pedestal only will stop working.
(Fix originally included in CEP 7.0c, then fixed in CEP 7.0d and then released as separate CEP Extra in CEP 8.0)

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#1048 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
I checked the inner files of the CEP, and while there is an optional CEP-Extra named "Phones", it only affects wall and table phones, there is no reference whatsoever to the "accessoryCellPhonePda" used by Epi. Therefore, as much as I can tell, Epi's cellphone is perfectly compatible with the CEP, including the "CEP_Phones" extra.
That said, you can easily remove the CEP-Extra related to the phones running again the CEP installer and deselect the option related to the phones.

In the documentation installed by the CEP into your Documents folder, there is a specific explanation about the CEP Extras; this is an excerpt regarding the phones:

Thank you so much for clearing this up. Appreciate you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1049 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 4:47 PM
I am extremely grateful to you for making this Mac OS compatible. There is a lack of creators not including us Mac users when they create mods, because we only have access to the Super Collection and it honestly disappoints me. Thank you again ! Much appreciated.
Page 42 of 42