Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 1:08 AM Last edited by RaZe : 26th Jan 2014 at 1:42 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Seasons
Default Major Sims 3 Graphical glitch'?' Main Menu Is Blank!
Sims 3 was running good for about 45 minutes this morning, but after a while it started getting really glitchy and laggy so i decided to uninstall and reinstall the game. After I reinstalled the game it would go into a loading screen and give me a "ui/caption/loadingtext" banner in with a white background (picture 1). After that it got to the main menu, this is where i knew things were bad. When it got onto the main menu, it loaded up a grey screen with a picture of sunset valley, some numbers and a grey button (picture 2). I clicked the grey button and it supposedly started loading the game (picture 3), once I clicked it, it loaded up a white screen with "Ui/caption/GameEntry/loadingScreen:welcomeText" with the word "sunset valley" underneath it (picture 3). After about 30 seconds the game just closes. I have no idea whats wrong, i have no mods installed. Anyone know whats wrong or even how to fix this?

-Pictures-
http://imgur.com/a/z5sgy
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 8:54 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Installing / Patching / Uninstalling
    1. Whether you are Installing for the first time or Reinstalling, be sure to read the Game Help:Installwiki FAQ.
      -
    2. This Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki link has the step-by-step instructions to guide you through uninstalling The Sims 3,
      and its (EP/SP) packs. As well as removing any leftovers after uninstalling.
      -
    3. The Game_Help:TS3_Patchingwiki Guide provides information on:
      • Tips Before You Begin
      • Patching Common Errors
      • Manual Patch Downloads
      • Invalid File Errors and more

What games do you have installed? what is your current patch level? Are your games on disc or digital download? It's possible that your installation was corrupted somehow. Did you make sure to completely uninstall and remove any leftovers before reinstalling as shown in the guide.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 3:45 AM Last edited by werismyki : 31st Jan 2014 at 9:47 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4319129, 4321472
I only have the sims 3 base game downloaded.
My current version is 1.0.631.00001
My game is from the disc.
I made sure to completely uninstall EVERYTHING.

The problem still isn't fixed, can anyone please help me!? D: