Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 4:10 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims 3 Game does not open after the launcher
I have a windows 8 laptop that I have been able to play Sims on for a couple months now. I have the expansion packs pets, ambitions, generations, into the future, island paradise and season. I also have the 70's, 80's & 90's stuff pack. All have these have worked since December. When I was cleaning up my laptop I put all my Sims 3 games together into a folder. That was when everything stopped working.

When I open my launcher everything works fine, but as soon I click the "play" button the launcher then closes, like usual, but the game its self doesn't open, almost like it quits by its self. I tried to uninstall only the Sims 3 game (not any of the expansions packs) but nothing happened. So I then continued to look for solutions. I found a solution with skipping the launcher by opening "TS3.exe" though nothing happened when I clicked open. I also tried just restarting my computer, but again it did not work.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 5:37 AM
What exactly do you mean by "When I was cleaning up my laptop I put all my Sims 3 games together into a folder. " This is very likely the reason for your issue