Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 6:36 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 2nd Mar 2018 at 5:45 PM. Reason: Typo I didn't bother fixing.
Default #3 - Californian style home
Thread for the Cali styled bungalow.
It's the smallest one. Could use some new exterior cladding.

EPs used:
Generations
Ambitions
Showtime

SP:
70's, 80's & 90's

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#2 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 1:25 AM
I'm having trouble figuring out the bathroom in this one. Here's a look at the current layout.
Screenshots
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 1:40 PM
Yeah I see. I've placed the door oddly. You can ofcourse replace it until it fits properly
Aside from that the layout seems to work

#4 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 3:22 AM
@tunafishfish You can change the interior layout a bit if you want. Perhaps borrow a tile or two for the bathroom from the bedroom or the kitchen, or move the kitchen sink and then switch the bathroom door to where the K sink counter is.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Scholar
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 5:20 PM
I ended up moving the door like Johnny suggested. I swapped the bookcase and the door. I think I was watching a little too much HGTV because I ended up going with shiplap for the main room, slate for the kitchen, and a romantic floral for the bedroom. Near as I can tell "shiplap" means horizontal plank walls...
Screenshots
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 5:43 PM
Is HGTV something where they flip old homes and re-sell them for 5x the buying price?
The shiplap looks good. Comes with a Southern vibe.

#7 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 6:23 PM
They've got a bunch of "dolts looking to buy a home on dubious income" type shows, "let's hop on the minimalism train while also commercializing it" shows, and "Texas Christians doing modern eclectic home makeovers." This is my ode to that, they seem to be doing a lot of these shiplap walls lately.