Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kasparlaks
How come? Doesn't it say like "Do you want to replace this file?" when you put it in the folder?

I use subfolders like Objects, Mods, Genetics, etc. So no, it won't prompt me. For once, my ocd is working against me!

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 11:46 PM
4.61GB o.O
Mad Poster
#53 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by THA
DigitalSympathies what does your game look like im like very curious to see could you show images? Like i can't imagine.

I will once I get back from going to my Dad's for a few days, if I remember. I have two kids and two teenaged siblings to handle there, so it gets hectic.

I've posted a few pictures ages back in other threads if anyone wants to check them out. There's one picture I believe I posted of my wall-to-wall city a few years ago and it looks similar still.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#54 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 2:04 AM
How come? Doesn't it say like "Do you want to replace this file?" when you put it in the folder?

Well with what you and SciBerg are saying, at least I don't have to worry about accidentally crashing my game with duplicate CC. It'll only shave a few seconds off of loading time.

@DigitalSympathies how long does it take your game to load with 75 GB of CC? Does it even load? How slow is actual playing?

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 9:37 PM
7.09 GB and although I "try" not to make that number grow because I don't have a lot of memory, I always end up on Mod The Sims looking for more things to download. 17,683 downloads and still looking for more, and I am not supposed to

:)
Mad Poster
#56 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
@DigitalSympathies how long does it take your game to load with 75 GB of CC? Does it even load? How slow is actual playing?

I load it in a few hours. It's really not that long (I don't know if this means anything because I'm sleepy and not fully awake yet right now - I'm at my Dad's - but I use a few programs and tricks to allow games/3D programs to load faster and wrangle down processes I don't need, and I do overclock my machine). It loads! Play is normal speed.

This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#57 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 1:44 AM
I'm glad your game loads. But with 75 GB? You must use a NASA supercomputer to run your game or something.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#58 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 11:17 AM

Because sometimes the name is different especially if you used the in game installer (or the person you are getting it off did) or stuff might be in sub-folders. Clean Installer can spot duplicate files with different names because it looks at file size and content.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 4:24 PM
Well, now I have 14.8 GB of CC and 36,282 files :v yeah, I "try" not to download anymore...

:)
Scholar
#60 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 5:08 PM
Mine is 11.7 GB. It used to be higher, I think, but I deleted some stuff
Banned
#61 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 6:04 PM
I have nearly or over 200 mods in my folder. Need to check file size when I can.
Test Subject
#62 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 11:47 PM
0.00 GB. I've been playing completely vanilla since I started playing in 2007.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rusty55
30 gb here. I can't stay away from WCIF or Sun & Moon over at PBK.

What does PBK stand for?
Meet Me In My Next Life
#64 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 3:21 AM
I recently did a backup copy of my Sims 2 to my Extra Hard Drive, Shameful the transfer said 24,730 items with 7.18 GB I really need to STOP like Now.

@EHAshe you need a "Trophy" to have been playing since 2007 and your Sims game is still Vanilla, I'll been playing since 2007 and I can't even join you.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#65 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 3:27 AM
That is not a safe way to play, they need at least to have the no corrupting death fixes in place.

PBK stands foer Plumb Bob Keep a great medieval site but it also has some of the best new 'work benches' and other mods to allow seasonal fruit trees, heaps of garden vegetables, hand woven furniture, wine making and lots more.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That is not a safe way to play, they need at least to have the no corrupting death fixes in place.

PBK stands foer Plumb Bob Keep a great medieval site but it also has some of the best new 'work benches' and other mods to allow seasonal fruit trees, heaps of garden vegetables, hand woven furniture, wine making and lots more.

Thank you! I just checked out the site and although I do not play in medieval style; the food, crops and some crafting stations will be added to the already 5gbs and growing downloads folder!
Scholar
#67 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 6:53 AM
I have 20 gbs and I thought I had a lot! at 20 gigs it is hard to find things...you are bound to come across conflicting hacks and ccs, not to mention things that were defaulted and conflicting defaults etc. Its just annoying.
Field Researcher
#68 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 11:32 PM
I just reinstalled sims 2 a few weeks ago so not that much
Size: 865 MB
Size on disk: 730

I always think I downloaded too many things then I go ingame to find out that I don't actually have many cc.. I need new clothing, LOTS of clothing.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 3:52 AM Last edited by sashagillis : 2nd Sep 2015 at 4:06 AM.
I have a decent sized hard drive though it could be bigger. :-) Still, most of it is free space. It's the space on my video card I'm unsure of. So far so good and my game loads up in a little over 15 mins.

I have 14,689 files in my downloads folder (so far). This takes up 3.3 GB. I have a lot of super small files and file size is something that I really pay attention to when scouting CC. Also, everything on the drive is compressed.

My hard drive capacity is 193 GB
I am using 58.8 GB

I hope that's a good thing. And I don't want to jinx myself but so far I have not had any major problems with my game.

Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
*points at signature* Hi!

It's a big bigger than that now, but my point still stands. Everything works, too.

I can load it in less time than that now, too. :D

Do you mind sharing your specs? :-)
Mad Poster
#70 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TumaSims
Does @DigitalSympathies play a game with 75GB worth of CC, or she simply has 75GB of CC but it's spread over several custom hoods??

I think you may be confused, my entire downloads folder in its summation is 75GB (well, more now) and I mainly play with one huge neighbourhood so yeah, 99% of it is utilised. My biggest piece of advice is to just make sure everything you download is something you will use, or you'll end up frustrated and let down with your CC. Prioritise, default, and stick to a theme. I play a mostly urban game myself that started as Maxis Match but is now a realistic theme and has been for the past few years. I took out my MM stuff and replaced it all as seen fit to help better fit my style preference.

Quote: Originally posted by sashagillis
Do you mind sharing your specs? :-)

I own quite a damn few computers but this is the rig I play off of currently.

16GB RAM, i7 processor @ 3.4 GHz, recently got my hands on an nVidia GTX 980ti, Corsair 800W modular power supply (it looks cool as fuck and lights up), and I play out of a repurposed ASUS Essentio case with an open flow design. I use external fans as well. If you wanna know about my harddrive space or anything, I own quite a few external harddrives so I'm not hurting for space (40.8 GB available of 745 GB on my main, but that's just because I'm holding onto some movies to watch later). I'm active in other gaming communities as well.

Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
I'm glad your game loads. But with 75 GB? You must use a NASA supercomputer to run your game or something.

I'm sure NASA isn't jealous of what I have going on, but it's taken a while to get my rig to where I wanted it to be. It really is not unbearable.

Lab Assistant
#71 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 9:18 AM
Mine is small, only 1.08 GB
Page 3 of 3