Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 7:36 PM
Default Broken mods and CCs
Is there a thread to report broken cc's and mods pertaining to this website? I downloaded the "Sit while you drink" mod and I tested it, seems fine at first...then days later my sims were stocking the juicer and I keep getting error codes, thank god I date print every item I add into my game lol. Found out it was the mod that was causing the issue.

I couldn't sit through and read every page of comments, there really should be a "most useful" vote so the best comments migrate towards the top. Have you guys downloaded any outdated mods that no longer seem to work?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 7:45 PM
The correct place to report problems is on the upload thread itself. If the creator is still active, you could also send them a PM (or tag them in your post by using @ followed by user name and they will get a PM with a link to the post). Remember that things that aren't updated to newer EPs may still be useful for players who only have some EPs.

There's usually no need to read through the entire thing. Start from the back and read backwards, problems with being outdated are usually found there. And while I totally relate to the annoyance of sifting through page after page of posts to get the relevant information, that's the deal if you want CC. If one doesn't want to do the work, then don't use that item.

I would think a thread would end up with the same problem as the threads themselves. There's so much stuff that things would be equally lost in the masses. With the upload thread, you at least know the information is only about that specific thing.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 8:10 PM
"If all else fails, read the manual" - idiom often used in our household There is a reason why a creator sits down and write the thing in the first place? I read everything before I download it and read it again before it goes near my game. So it takes a little time - but it takes less time than 50/50 or starting over.
Theorist
#4 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 10:00 PM
This may be a silly question, but did you download one of the tuning packages that goes with this mod (assuming you're referring to Moghughson's mod)?

Quote:
You should download the core package and choose one of the two tuning packages as well. Inside the .rars the tuning packages have the same name so you cannot accidentally have both tuning packages in your download folder. You must have one of them though!

If you did, then ignore the question. This mod seems to be a hit or miss for some folks...was just reading through the comment section on the mod's page.

I personally use the Chinese & Coffee Sit Down Fix from Simbology.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 12:49 AM
Also did you test the mod in an empty game like AGS? if your test had it with other mods, it could be another mod is conflicting in which case it isn't the mod itself which is at fault. Also make sure you installed it correctly and that every other file that it needed was in place. Also if a mod says it was made for up to Pets or some other old EP it may not work any longer. Sometimes it's a gamble if a mod will work or not. I tried Squinge's no drop baby bottle mod and it would not work. If the reason something doesn't work is because you didn't drop in a needed extra file (guilty of that myself) you don't want to report something then find out it's your own fault. So if you are really sure it is broken (not broken if it works in base game and was made for base game but won't work in M&G) post to site issues about it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~