Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 5:51 AM
Default Tying my darnest to avoid corruption
I was reading up on hood corruption, and so far, i think i'm handling things right. I was playing in my hood, going through bluewater and getting rid of the premade sims as i find their houses especially nice. I have this method where if there are only adults in the house, i will cheat up a child sim with the tombstone, kill the adults and have the child hurry and move the headstones to a cemetery before getting snatched by the social worker.

One of the houses i wanted to use as a vacation home so after i killed the sim and the child was taken off, i put it in the bin.

Now I'm worried that the house may have caused corruption because a sim had lived in it even though no headstones are on the lot. Something about tokens. Is it true and did i commit my first sin?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 7:24 AM
It's okay to keep houses in the same hood. That includes moving houses and sims between sub hoods. So main hood to downtown/Blue Water and back- cool. Moving a holiday home from a VB sub hood, also cool. However vacation homes don't have sims in them. So I am unsure about what you mean there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 7:32 AM
I mean for later purchase if i should feel compelled to it when i finally get around to playing. Still putting together my custom neighborhood, building my cheat communities, et.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 7:36 AM
No, I'm saying I am confused because you said you killed off sims at a vacation home, but vacation home don't come with sims they are empty.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 8:24 AM
No, no. I killed the sim in bluewater because i wanted her house as a vacation home. It was the home flower business house. Can't remember the name of it. I noticed that it had an oriental style to it, so i figured i'd spruce it up further and plop it down in takemizu village. In doing so, i had to bin the house. Thats what concerned me.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 8:42 AM
I don't believe that it would cause corruption. I've been playing the same game for years and have had sims die on a lot (moved the stones) and moved new ones in with no issues to the lot. You can nuke any stray tokens with the FFS Debugger if you're truly worried. Also, I believe after AL or so the headstones stay on the lot if you're worried about them disappearing. I dunno if it's AL or M&G but it does that (for me) if a sim dies on a lot and new ones move in, and the new ones have to deal with the old, er, tenants. I may be remembering incorrectly but yeah.

Another tiny tip, according to SimsWiki you should also try to make your EA Program Files folder read-only next time you reinstall. It's really helped with corruption for me (if you need to start over in the future) as it doesn't let the game modify core files.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darkannie
No, no. I killed the sim in bluewater because i wanted her house as a vacation home. It was the home flower business house. Can't remember the name of it. I noticed that it had an oriental style to it, so i figured i'd spruce it up further and plop it down in takemizu village. In doing so, i had to bin the house. Thats what concerned me.

If you binned the house with the grave on it, yes sorry, that does cause corruption. I hope you moved her grave to a community lot first. Binning a house with a grave is the same as binning a house with a live sim because alive or dead they remain sims with character data-which is why you can resurrect them and continue playing them.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 11:42 AM
There appears to be corruption in your thread title lol.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 12:00 PM
If I change my hood files to read-only, will that prevent hood corruption? ^_^
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bobyoud2001
If I change my hood files to read-only, will that prevent hood corruption? ^_^

It might do but it will prevent the game writing to your saved games.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 12:32 PM
Lol, Jo, it's all in the first post: it's not a vacation lot, and the graves were moved to the cemetery before the binning.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 1:15 PM
You're correct Lili, some days I shouldn't bother getting out of bed.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 1:57 PM
But it still had the sim references on the lot and by placing the lot in the bin it broke the connection to those sims and can cause corruption.

Before you place the house back into a hood it needs to be clean using SimPE .

I don't know if the Hood Checker will clean them or not but I do know it will show "unkown" if you use it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#14 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You're correct Lili, some days I shouldn't bother getting out of bed.

Getting out of bed is overrated.