Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#22726 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 10:41 PM
It's definitely not Gothboy Tricou, who is blond. He doesn't look familiar to me, gummilutt, except in the generic way that templates look familiar.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22727 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 10:45 PM
Isn't that a Tricou?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#22728 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 10:57 PM
Well, he's not blond, so he's not Gothboy. He's not Asian or black, so he's not those two. He's not female, so he's not those two. He's not brown-haired, so he's not Skater Tricou. And he's not dead and I think Gummilutt would know if he'd brought back any dead Tricous. So nope, not a Tricou, whatever else he may be.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#22729 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Those of you who are familiar with the premade townies/downtownies/playables, is this guy one of them?

I thought I had removed the templates that hold the premade Sims, but this guy makes me wonder if I maybe missed something. Too many coincidences.

I'm using a megahood and I've never seen him before. I checked the wiki, he's not a downtownie that's for sure - though he looks similar to a townie I have in my game who is a teen but without the face paint. I'm looking through the page of townies right now on the wiki and I can't seem to find him, but in my game he's called Blazej Langerak or something.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22730 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 11:27 PM
Yeah, I'm not thinking of blond goth boy, but I have seen him before, he was a boyfriend to one of my sims and I sent him to uni. He may just look like a Tricou but he is a downtownie.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#22731 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 11:47 PM
I too have checked the Wiki because this guy looks awfully familiar! He is not listed on the Wiki, at least I couldn't find him, but he does ring a lot of bells.
Theorist
#22732 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 1:16 AM Last edited by esmeiolanthe : 6th Oct 2015 at 1:23 AM. Reason: Redundancies are redundant
He is a downtownie that the game creates if you pull the downtown template. There must be a hidden template somewhere, but I wouldn't have the first idea where to go looking for it. He has the Vulcan facial template, and he's an Adult, not a Teen. He is not permanent enough to have the same name every time. I made him a brujo* in my game, and gave him a wife with fairy wings and a talking cat with a giant sense of entitlement, but of course that last bit is redundant. The one I made playable was named Abhijeet Fuchs (until he got married and took his wife's name), but when I restored him as a playable after a rebuild, the new version of him had a completely different name that I do not remember other than it was neither "Abhijeet" nor "Fuchs."

*brujo, pron BREW-hoe: a man who can do magic, with either a neutral or a negative connotation depending on where you are.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Scholar
#22733 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 2:26 AM
I've never seen him but I could make him!

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22734 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 2:27 AM
To me he looks like a gender swapped teen tricou girl.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#22735 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 2:47 AM
@esmeiolanthe
Thank you for the reminders. I was so bloody certain I *knew* this guy - despite the remake.
Top Secret Researcher
#22736 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
It sounds like you have a bunch of broken tokens on that lot and BO's mod may help fix it.

Both of these mods may help fix your problem. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7875.0

A word on "No Trash Memories" it does not stop gossip but it does stop the tokens from being added and hidden memories that have no purpose other than clogging up sims memories and slow down game play.

If you don't have it yet I would get Mootilda's Hood Checker program and let it fix what it can. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=456523

I thought using the batbox helped a bit but it would still freeze occasionally only not as often. Its definitely only that lot though because I've played several other households and they were completely fine. I don't even think I've installed any CC so I wouldn't have this lightest idea as to what may cause this.

I'm a little scared to use the hood checker. (But I am comfortable with SimPE) Will it show me whats wrong and then fix itself or do I still have to tweak some things?
Top Secret Researcher
#22737 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 2:58 AM
Hood Checker is very user-friendly. If you are comfortable with SimPE I am sure you won't have any problems with it. You don't need to tweak anything.
Mad Poster
#22738 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 6:21 AM
Thanks guys When I saw him I got very excited, because I thought the random generator had outdone itself by miles. But then when I looked closer to post about it here, it was a bit too perfect for random. Too goth on every possible count, even the make up is perfect. I have a mod that allows townies to spawn with make up, so it's not impossible, just improbable.

But it sounds like the name is random, and that still makes me excited. He's named Alban Svart in my game, and Svart means Black. Very fitting. I think I'm going to rename him Severus, and introduce him to my goth teen. The real Severus would not enjoy the name Black, but if that isn't Snape I don't know what is.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Field Researcher
#22739 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
which ages are available through the interaction that is unlocked by "agesimscheat on"?
I do not yet have any of those expansions.

age changing mods/hacks, are they based on that/those?
I have used that exact cheat code before. All other ages become available via a menu option that says "Set Age" (IIRC). The sim will then immediately age transition to whatever age was selected, unlike the "grow up" action that appears on their "birthday," the other sims on the lot won't gather around to watch them. Yes it's possible to use the cheat to "age down" a sim. You don't need a separate age mod, as others have said it does something totally different.

However, I've encountered problems while using it. It might erase their memory if they're a townie (not sure though). I've tried aging up a Sim directly from baby to teen (after an adoption where the story line was to be that they grew up elsewhere before being adopted) and they were not rolling wants and fears like normal, as well as still having "grow up" aspiration (this was in a small, relatively new neighborhood). They generally have a negative memory of the age transition regardless of their aspiration meter. So I'd defer whether or not it's safe to use to the members of the community that understand game corruption better
Theorist
#22740 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 9:25 AM Last edited by DJ. : 6th Oct 2015 at 9:59 AM.
I have a question regarding info I found here:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ual_Core_Issues

It's a thread regarding making Sims 2 only run under one CPU core when more are available. The instructions say that setting the affinity to a permanent setting isn't possible without third-party software (that is, each time it's required to open Task Manager and untick all but CPU0 under affinity settings for Sims2EP9.exe process).

I might be mixing those two together, but I always thought that adding -CPUCount:1 to the end of the shortcut's target does the same thing, i.e. makes the game use only one core.

Is the information in the article outdated, or does CPUCount not do what I think it does?
Mad Poster
#22741 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 12:55 PM
What's happening there, Jaytee, is the same thing that happens when you age a child to teen using the Freetime function - the aging happens without an aspiration being chosen. You'll need an editing tool to choose an aspiration and then the sim should be fine.

Field Researcher
#22742 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 8:40 PM
Do any messages appear when you ask a sim for a sleepover? When I do it they just do the interaction, but no messages appear, and the sim doesn't even sleep, and sometimes go home anyway.
Scholar
#22743 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 8:59 PM
Hello every simmer !
Thought this was a better place for my query rather than starting a new thread.... so here goes :

I'm playing one of Tarlia's clean hoods and have all empty stealth/hobby hoods epty-- so there are NO sims outside of the few Tarlia included in her upload, and my own created Playables and Townie/Downtownies.
Lately I was doing a makeover of one of the hoods. So, is it safe to remove all sims/graves from the Downtown ( the one with buildings that ships with the "Sims2 Deluxe" , not a custom downtown ), and go back to the main hood and then delete the downtown subhood ?
What happens to the Downtownies -- do they become townies in the main hood ?
Just curious as I've never deleted a downtown before.
TIA

" Inama Nushif "
Scholar
#22744 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moveobjects
Do any messages appear when you ask a sim for a sleepover? When I do it they just do the interaction, but no messages appear, and the sim doesn't even sleep, and sometimes go home anyway.

Not sure about added messages when you ask someone to sleep overnight/stay overnight, but when I do-- the invited sim often gets mad and says next morning - " You invited me to sleep over but I didn't get any sleep ! I'm leaving ! "
HAHAHAHA !!!!! No idea why this occurs as I make sure there's a guest bedroom available.

" Inama Nushif "
Top Secret Researcher
#22745 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moveobjects

Not in my game. I'm sure the only reason they even put that on the game is to pass the 'curfew' some sims have.
Mad Poster
#22746 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
Hello every simmer !
Thought this was a better place for my query rather than starting a new thread.... so here goes :

I'm playing one of Tarlia's clean hoods and have all empty stealth/hobby hoods epty-- so there are NO sims outside of the few Tarlia included in her upload, and my own created Playables and Townie/Downtownies.
Lately I was doing a makeover of one of the hoods. So, is it safe to remove all sims/graves from the Downtown ( the one with buildings that ships with the "Sims2 Deluxe" , not a custom downtown ), and go back to the main hood and then delete the downtown subhood ?
What happens to the Downtownies -- do they become townies in the main hood ?
Just curious as I've never deleted a downtown before.
TIA

Yes you can but make sure you get the no unlink on delete mod and make sure you move every sims out and move all tombstones to your main hood first.
The mod is listed in this thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532696

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
#22747 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 4:16 AM
Yes, Marka, I have the mod... thanks ! I'm assuming that all 'downtownies' become 'townies' -- unless I create a new , custom downtown ?

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#22748 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 4:58 AM
Their files will still be there, but you won't see them on community lots. They will remain downtownies, not townies. They'll be able to show up for outings and come home from work with people as usual. If you create a new, custom downtown after you delete the old one, you may get a new batch of downtownies- including dead Tricous, though if you've got all your anti-respawn hacks in good trim maybe not. Reports are mixed - I got a new set of downtownies when I did this a few weeks back, and a second set of Tricous, but other people had different results.

To be 100% sure of an empty second downtown, add it before you delete the old one.

Field Researcher
#22749 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 1:45 PM
I was wondering if there's a way to take black and white photos in The Sims 2 - as in, with either the Career Reward -camera that comes with University EP or the camera from Bon Voyage. Or maybe there's some kind of mod that allows this? The oldest sims in my Victorian neighborhood are starting to near death and I'd very much like to immortalise them this way, give their children and grandchildren something to remember them by
Instructor
#22750 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 1:50 PM
I'm sure the photos in the Bon voyage photoalbum are very easy to make B/W. If you them with Irfan View f ex. and make them B/W and save them.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 910 of 1000