Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#126 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetbaby160
What would be the best way to find out if they do end up safe? Or borking the game?

I have little to no experience with business, salon chairs, and salon chair NPCs in the game, so I have no idea about these NPCs.

I just checked Mootilda's list of NPCs (spoiler tag on p.3, post #56 of this thread), and "Salon Stylist" is on it, but no info about them. Apparently, they're still unknowns.

I don't know how one goes about finding out which are safe and which aren't. I'm not SimPE proficient at all.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#127 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 8:08 PM
does the borking be apply to the whole game or just the neighborhood?

if it only borks a single neighborhood then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbaby160
What would be the best way to find out if they do end up safe? Or borking the game?

the answer would be: back-up your neighborhood and experiment the NPC.
Site Helper
#128 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 8:15 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 23rd Dec 2011 at 8:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
does the borking be apply to the whole game or just the neighborhood?
Sims who are objects can destroy your game installation (ie, you'd need to reinstall to fix the problems). Sims who are incomplete should only destroy your neighborhood.

However, playing sims is not the best way to determine whether they are safe. You know how a neighborhood can be corrupted by moving an occupied lot into the lot bin, yet it may not show symptoms of corruption for months? The same thing is true about sims. If you corrupt your game, it may not be immediately apparent.
Mad Poster
#129 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 4:02 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 28th Dec 2011 at 4:21 PM.
so are delivery person (not pizza), bartenders and baristas safe or not?
Mad Poster
#130 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 12:28 AM
so are delivery person (not pizza), bartenders and baristas safe or not?

My guess would be that they are. I know I've seen them used as playables in stories (Legacies, usually) many times, and have not seen any reports of problems resulting from it.

In general, if they can be befriended via normal non-cheat interactions, to the point where they can be moved in or married in, they're probably okay.

The Social Worker is an exception to this. She can be befriended, but she is most definitely NOT safe. But she has a more specialized job than delivery people, bartenders, and baristas. I don't know if that's a valid criterion for determining safety, though. Thus, my "guess", as I said before, for what it's worth.

At any rate, those NPCs are not on the list of unique "universal" sims Maxon posted (post #106), so I don't think they're dangerous to experiment with. If you want to be extra careful, use a test 'hood, or a 'hood you may be planning to do away with soon anyway. (eta: And back your game up first, so if the worst happens and you DO have to reinstall, you'll have a copy of the game from before the experimentation to restore with. I don't anticipate the necessity, but better safe than sorry, always.)

ETA: Delivery sims, bartenders, and baristas aren't on the list of sims with incomplete character data, I don't believe, and I imagine if they did have incomplete character files, it would be pretty widely known by now, as with the ones who are on that list. I hope.
Mad Poster
#131 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 12:34 AM
Darby, i have back-ups of my neighborhood, so i think if harm was done, i can terminate it. lets hope they are safe.
Test Subject
#132 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 1:27 AM
This post has healped me a lot!
Test Subject
#133 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 1:27 AM
*Helped.
Top Secret Researcher
#134 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 1:42 AM
Yeah townies are okay to marry as well as the Vampires. Just be careful...They tend to want to bite everyone in the house. My sim got married to a Vampire and she went on a biting rampage, and bit (or at least tried) everyone at the wedding party. And that I was left at the alter by a Vampire...What a sad day.

NO TO BELLA GOTH! She acts like...Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh then again she does have the Romance Aspiration, which is a recipe for disaster. I had one of my male sims married to her, and she wanted to have like 5 lovers at once. I was like

"Dear god woman! Isn't one enough?!"

So, cha, no to Bella...>.>

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Test Subject
#135 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 2:13 AM
[QUOTE=Chefs are defiently bad[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. I'm a chef and I don't date them.
Test Subject
#136 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Not safe because these are not real Sims, but are pulled from objects.package:Shrink, Grim Reaper, Hula Zombie, Pollination Technician, Remote Control Car, Mrs. Crumplebottom, OFB driving robots, OFB flying robots, Birds, Perfect Plant Sim, Santa Claus, Father Time, Toddler New Year, Therapist, Unsavory Charlatan, Wise Old Man, Witch Doctor (Shaman), the Ghost Captain on the pirate ship, and the Human Statue, Genie.

I have used Insiminator to have a baby with the ghost captain. He has good genes and it didn't bork my game at all.
Scholar
#137 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
If I had to guess, I'd guess these NPCs you're talking about are probably innocuous, but I wouldn't bet my game on it. Lack of normal interactions calls for caution until you know more.

yeah...I'm thinking the 'salon stylists' aren't safe (or at least not worth the possible risk) after a long rigamole (before which I had posted my orginal question) my sim had invited one over (using the 'group outing' option). Stupidly I had saved the lot with her & a couple other guests, then posted...after reading thru everything on this thread (IE the UC situation you went thru Darby) I went back in to send her on her way. It took multiple attempts to get her to leave. While on the homelot, she had only three social interactions, even as part of the group. I said 'bye to everyone', she waved & proceeded to continue to follow my sim around everywhere he went. Exited lot without saving. Went back in & while still in 'outing' mode, marched off to some random shop. Weirdly (& without boolprop), as soon as we arrived, Lizzie (just remembered her name) suddenly had the full pie-menu of social interactions, other than 'propose...'. Either way, I wasn't sticking around to see if it showed up, chose 'end casual group'. Lizzie stood at the phonebooth for about 10min real time then finally vanished into the sunset...fingers tightly crossed that my silliness hasn't left too much damage
Mad Poster
#138 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cynamar
I have used Insiminator to have a baby with the ghost captain. He has good genes and it didn't bork my game at all.

Players have long used the Tombstone of Life and Death to make sims pregnant with Grim, without making him playable in doing so, and that seems to be an okay thing to do. Grim's presence is required (meaning a death needs to have happened), but he doesn't have to be made playable to accomplish a pregnancy with a playable.

I imagine it's probably safe to do something similar with the Ghost Captain. The key is not making him playable. That's what will bork things.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#139 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cynamar

Irrelevant - Mootilda is talking about moving those sims in and changing their files not about extracting information from the files to make a new sim or contribute to making a new sim.

Incidentally, if the sim in question is a universal sim and is incomplete without DNA data, the game simply pulls the DNA information from the first sim profile in CAS so as for good genes ... yeah.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#140 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 2:21 AM
This might be slightly off-topic, but what ep did the break-dancer & statue/mime guy come in? I have every ep other than Happy Holiday (been trying for ages to find it)...
Top Secret Researcher
#141 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 3:25 AM
This might be slightly off-topic, but what ep did the break-dancer & statue/mime guy come in? I have every ep other than Happy Holiday (been trying for ages to find it)...

I want to say Apartment Life, I know in Free Time, breaking dancing comes to play. But I do believe the mime may be in Apartment Life. Don't, please don't quote me on this. o.o But that is what I heard, and what I have looked up o.O

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Scholar
#142 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 3:29 AM
thank you I've been playing the game for more than 4yrs now, have yet to come across either of them LOL didn't even know they were there. Guess I'll have to have a good look thru the wiki!
Top Secret Researcher
#143 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 4:29 AM
thank you I've been playing the game for more than 4yrs now, have yet to come across either of them LOL didn't even know they were there. Guess I'll have to have a good look thru the wiki!

No problem. I went a looking myself. I wanted to help out ^.^ And that is what I found. I hope that this helped you out And good luck! ^.^

Mad Poster
#144 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gagavisionbetch
*Helped.

gagavisionbetch, if you want to edit a word, there is a button under the post you wrote that says "Edit", press it and edit the word you misspelled.
Mad Poster
#145 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 8:42 AM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 18th Jan 2012 at 6:48 PM.
soooo, what about Butlers, Repairmen/women and Exterminators?
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 11:01 PM
I saw an Exterminator today at a Community Lot. She was wearing her Exterminator cap/hat, but had an outdoor outfit on (Seasons). I don't know why she was there, I've never encountered a service sim on a community lot before

"Just Breathe"
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 3:19 AM
soooo, what about Butlers, Repairmen/women and Exterminators?

I've never tried moving in a butler, but I have had sims marry and reproduce with the exterminators, and I have to say that they're on the safe side. I assume that most of the service NPCs (the ones you call home) are safe.

I've also aged down a nanny once and made her have kids with one of my random sims, so she's safe, too. But with that track record, why would you even want to let her have kids? She'd just overfeed them and not take care of their needs.

Please check out my Challenge Blog: http://thesimmingfrog.blogspot.com/

Ongoing Challenges: Test of Time (TOT), Post-Apocalyptic BACC (PABACC)
Finished Challenges: Bachelor, Try to Survive

Check out my TOT Family Trees!
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 4:49 AM
I find it weird how the cheat gives you the option of adding the unsafe NPC's to your family even though it's a recipe for disaster. did the creators do this on purpose?
Mad Poster
#149 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 5:32 AM
Well, you have to remember that cheats are primarily for the developers to use as tools for developing the game. They freely share those cheats with the consumer, but it's supposed to be understood that they're a "use at your own risk" kind of thing, and they're really not required to create an exhaustive tutorial about how to use or not use those cheats.

Also, they themselves didn't know how some of the cheats might affect the game, when used by the consumer, until after the fact. Early on, I saw a Maxoid suggest that someone use the deleteallcharacters cheat. It's a well-established fact now that that cheat is a neighborhood killer, but if a Maxoid was recommending it at one point, seems pretty clear the problems associated with it were not known at that time.
Test Subject
#150 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 10:15 AM
Bigfoot i got him in my sim family
Page 6 of 18