Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 1:03 AM
In Belladonna Cove, when looking through the telescope during the day, you may just bring Gabriel Green to your lot. That Sim is 9 points Nice. And just before he shoves your Sim, he points to himself as if to say, "Me...?" He doesn't want to shove your Sim but the programming is making him do it.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Advertisement
Alchemist
#52 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
Usually it's break something. I think the Sim that gives the lecture has to be in the same room to witness the breakage or at least that's how it happens in my game. Parents can also lecture a baby for needing a diaper change.

Not sure of any other moments as those are the only ones I've witnessed. Tends to be a double minus for relationship score so if your not already getting along it can do some damage.
Teens can get lectured if they get caught sneaking in or out, too.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 1:46 AM
Hmmm I'm trying to think of why my sims would lecture at her husband the one time she did it recently. Perhaps it was because he made a mess while he cleaned the fish tank since he's messy.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
Hmmm I'm trying to think of why my sims would lecture at her husband the one time she did it recently. Perhaps it was because he made a mess while he cleaned the fish tank since he's messy.

I think they need to be Grouchy and Serious (not entirely sure about Serious).

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Theorist
#55 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 6:57 AM
In my hood there are too many grouchy sims. Even if a household has no enemies, almost each day somebody steals newspaper, and about once per 4-5 days somebody kicks the trashcan while passing by. I never noticed anything like that in default hoods.
Inventor
#56 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 9:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
In my hood there are too many grouchy sims. Even if a household has no enemies, almost each day somebody steals newspaper, and about once per 4-5 days somebody kicks the trashcan while passing by. I never noticed anything like that in default hoods.

I wall up the trashcan kickers and watch them die, in the interests of raising the average niceness of the neighborhood. Having said that, I'm frequently surprised by the friendliness of grouchy sims.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:03 PM
Babs, that's probably partly a result of your ruthless neighborhood inflation keeping many sims' aspirations low. Sims in low green and below are a lot more likely to "act out" (as the child development pros call childish misbehavior) and do random anti-social things. They're like people in that respect, taking out their frustrations on others.

I expect a lot of the good behavior of my grouchy sims is down to how much I spoil them.
ETA: Oh, and I don't mind trash-can kickers much. It only happens in my neighborhood when someone's actually got a grudge; and if I'm alert, I can have someone run out to greet them and try to repair the relationship - or make it worse if that suits the sims better.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#58 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:29 PM
Peni, even townies do that! In fact, mostly townies, I swear almost each day some townie steals a newspaper, sometimes twice per day. Now I just have my sim take in a new newspaper if needed and allow others to steal the old one. Saves time for taking the trash out.

I didn't know that aspiration plays a part in sims' behavior, thanks for this piece of info
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 5:54 PM
Over the years I've played neighborhoods where I spoiled my Simmies so much that the neighborhoods eventually became boring to me because there was never anything interesting going on, as everyone liked each other, or if there was cheating and drama going on, it was always well hidden from the neighbors. This time around though I've been playing a less hands on game and basically ignoring most of my Simmies wants, focusing instead on what my Simmies have to do to in life and fulfilling only those wants that fit in with what I want my Sim to do or have, which has kept many of my Simmies aspirations in the low green or red areas. This has made the game a lot more interesting for me because I've never gotten to see my Simmies show so much emotion before, and the things they do to show the world their displeasure (like stomping on flowers, or crying in public) is hilarious.

It really has reinforced my love of the game to see just how much the creators of the game put into the development of the character aspects of the game, which for me is why I play the game. I love creating characters and seeing the game infuse them with some spark of life that I didn't give them is something that is thrilling to watch.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 4:08 AM
Trashcan kickers can be quite handy for families who need compost.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#61 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
In Belladonna Cove, when looking through the telescope during the day, you may just bring Gabriel Green to your lot. That Sim is 9 points Nice. And just before he shoves your Sim, he points to himself as if to say, "Me...?" He doesn't want to shove your Sim but the programming is making him do it.

Delenn and Lyta, my alien spawnbabies, will do that when directed to insult or fight with annoyances like the evil mascot. They don't, however, when I direct them(via mod) to lecture him. And it's so funny watching my sims lecture those who tip trashcans and stuff. Got such a kick outta watching Nervous Subject lecturing Sarah McCarthy after she tipped his trashcan, and then just waved goodbye to her, and it was entertaining, watching the members of the Curious Coven lecturing the cow mascot, what with the way he would hang his head and nod.
Page 3 of 3