Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 9:37 PM
Bodyshop Problems
Yeah...it's still not working.

I've been dying to make a new sim to upload for you all for months, but I just can't seem to figure out what's wrong with it. Every time I try to open it, it tells me to make sure that the Sims 2 or its tools aren't running before starting the application when none of them are running.

I figured that it was probably because I didn't uninstall my disc versions of the game before installing the Ultimate Collection, and it fucked with Bodyshop or something. I contacted EA and they told me to clear the games from my registry to uninstall them completely...well, I did. And guess what? Bodyshop still isn't working!

If anyone knows something that I can try, please let me know. This has been aggravating me for 6 months now!

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 9:43 PM
Are you right clicking and running as Admin?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 9:50 PM
@joandsarah77
I believe I tried that, and the message still popped up.

My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 9:54 PM
The message sometimes shows when SimPE is running at he same time, so make sure you've closed it down.

You should also check the task manager to make sure nothing game-related is running. Sometimes programs don't disappear properly from the list when you close them down.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 9:55 PM
Oh I just read up you didn't uninstall your game first, yeah that probably messed it up. That's like trying to install every disk over the top of itself. It's a wonder your game ran at all. Your computer probably has hidden files and needs to be restored.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#6 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 10:03 PM
you are trying to use the bodyshop that came with Ultimate Collection right? and not the one that came with the disc version.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 11:41 PM
@simmer22 I tried checking the task manager and it didn't work.

@joandsarah77 How do I restore it? I'm not a computer whiz.

@wert700 Yeah.

My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 11:47 PM
I suppose you've spoken to EA after you cleaned registry? Feels like it should be their problem to fix, since it's UC-related.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 11:52 PM
@gummilutt I thought I did. They're not much help. I don't think they understand what the issue is, no matter how clearly I try to explain it.

My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 11:55 PM
How obnoxious. And infuriating for you :/

I do remember reading your thread back then, but I forget what you've done. If cleaning registry did not help, it seems to me like there is something more going on that nobody quite knows. It's pretty hardcore and probably overkill, but I'd say your best bet is a format. Getting an external HD, moving your stuff to it, and formatting it should wipe whatever is causing the problem. It is a shitload of work though, and you always risk forgetting to copy something, so perhaps not something you want to do over bodyshop.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 12:00 AM
@gummilutt Yeah. The EA people are annoying as fuck. They talk like bots that don't understand the English language. And if they don't fix the problem they just give me an Origin coupon and end the chat. I might not have cleared the registry properly...the "advisor" did a shitty job of giving directions on how to do it. I went to the control panel and still saw the icons for the disk versions and tried to uninstall them and it said they were already uninstalled. So you'd think that would have solved it, but I don't know. This is technically my fault for being a dumbass and not thinking to uninstall the disc versions before installing the UC, but it's just so frustrating that I can't seem to find a solution.

My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 12:17 AM
Well, if you think shoddy instructions might be the problem, why not try the ones in Game Help? I've used them in the past, and it worked for me.

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...egistry_Entries
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 12:33 AM
I would backup your files and take it into someone to fix it up. I'm no computer tech so I would rather rely on someone who knows what they are doing.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 1:35 AM
@joandsarah77 I think I'm kind of on my own. My parents wouldn't take my computer in for something like this.

My Claim to Fame
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 1:36 AM
@gummilutt
I mean, if the uninstaller in the control panel is saying they're uninstalled, wouldn't that mean they're gone? I don't know what I'd be looking for.

My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
#16 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 1:43 AM
No, unfortunately not. Sometimes little bits are left behind in the registry, and the game is not considered uninstalled, nor can it be uninstalled from the control panel. All that's left to do is to find the bits and delete them. The thread I linked tells you where to look, and what to look for, and what to do if you find any of the things it lists.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 2:04 AM
@gummilutt Okay, thanks for the help

My Claim to Fame
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 2:19 AM
@gummilutt A question, in the EA Games section of the registry editor, in the Sims 2 folder, there's the UC and some "default" entry. Do I delete the default or no? I almost did and I got a message warning me that it could cause system instability. I deleted the other folders though.

My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
#19 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 3:16 AM
I'm afraid I have no idea. I haven't dealt with UC, and it's been forever since I followed that tutorial to clean up my laptop, so I don't really remember. If it doesn't mention it in the thread I linked, I'd leave it untouched.

Though, I would probably uninstall UC while doing all this. That way, you aren't at risk of deleting the wrong thing, and there's no confusion about what belongs to which. I imagine UC is less annoying to reinstall than doing all of the games one by one, so perhaps it's worth it?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 3:17 AM
@gummilutt I tried opening Bodyshop with the other folders deleted and the message still came up :/

My Claim to Fame
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 1:38 AM
@gummilutt If deleting the other folders didn't fix the problem, then perhaps I should delete the default entry?

My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
#22 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 6:21 AM
I'm not quite sure what you mean with folders. Did you use a program? I've only ever done it manually.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 4:22 PM
I do use UC and every time I open bodyshop, I have to delete Accessory.cache and Groups.cache in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder. Reboot my computer. Click on Start, click on My Computer, click on Local disk (C), then click on the following Program Files/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Fun with Pets/SP9/CSBin then click on TS2BodyShop.

When I first installed UC I could use the short cut. Although the shortcut for PackageInstaller still works the shortcut for BodyShop doesn't. I tried making new shortcuts and they don't work either.

I hope this helps, since everyone else's suggestions didn't work.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 6:34 PM
I don't have UC but I tried to download it and I didn't uninstall my other stuff so I had to redownload UC and the thing ended so I never got UC and it sucks because I lost everything. I only bought two disk and downloaded the rest from the website. So now I only have like the base game, nightlife, celebration, pets and mansion garden stuff. When I try to get in to bodyshop the mouse shows that it is load and it does this for 5 seconds and then it stops and body shop never comes up...
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scarlet Love
I don't have UC but I tried to download it and I didn't uninstall my other stuff so I had to redownload UC and the thing ended so I never got UC and it sucks because I lost everything. I only bought two disk and downloaded the rest from the website. So now I only have like the base game, nightlife, celebration, pets and mansion garden stuff. When I try to get in to bodyshop the mouse shows that it is load and it does this for 5 seconds and then it stops and body shop never comes up...

If UC is in your Origin account, you can still install it to your computer.
Page 1 of 3