Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 12:10 AM
Default Who has the biggest download folder?
I feel like I have tons of CC in my game, but my folder is only about 3 GB. How big are y'all's download folders? Anyone over 50 GB? 60 GB? 100 GB? Just wondering.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 12:14 AM
That's easy, Digitalsymphony has held that record for years. Last I heard they had over 60GB and left their game to load overnight. I may not have spelt their user name quite correctly.

My old folder has 18GB.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That's easy, Digitalsymphony has held that record for years. Last I heard they had over 60GB and left their game to load overnight. I may not have spelt their user name quite correctly.

My old folder has 18GB.

*points at signature* Hi!

It's a big bigger than that now, but my point still stands. Everything works, too.

I can load it in less time than that now, too. :D

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 12:17 AM
Haha, I knew I had your user name slightly wrong. 75GB. I don't know how you find anything, that was one of the reasons I stopped plus the hour it took to load was just too much for me.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 12:18 AM
Well, I was going to come here and say that too Jo. No brainer really. Digital, I don't know how you stand it. I can't find what I need half the time and mine's just about 5GB.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 12:19 AM
Forget about the GB or MB or KB I have 138 so I got the largest number for this even though its in MB its still the larger number.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 12:22 AM
That wouldn't even cover my mods folder, I have over 1000 mods just to make everything run the way I want it to.

~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 12:46 AM
4.03 GB. I really let myself go. ;_;
Load times aren't that bad though. Honestly, anything's better than 20+ mins. just to load a small TS3 world, but I digress...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 1:18 AM
Why would anyone ever need 75GB of custom content? It seems a bit unnecessary.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Field Researcher
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 1:19 AM
Mine is 11.8 GB's. This is after I cleaned out my downloads folder and after losing almost all of my CC at one point. I always need more CC though.
Link Ninja
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 4:17 AM
I have the Devil's size of downloads...6.66 GB

or would it be 666 MB?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 5:38 AM
9.68 GB, less than I thought. I used to have over 17. The load times drove me nuts! It's around 40 minutes now (old computer), so I get my chores done while I'm waiting.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 7:07 AM
I have 1,98 GB - and here I thought that was a lot.
Instructor
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 7:30 AM
Mine's 10.7 GB in my historical hoods, the game takes maybe 10-20mins to load but I'm trimming it down soon. It's 1.5 GB in my other hoods which I'm happy with.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 11:18 AM
The one for my full game was around 35-36 GB the last time I checked. It's around the 'limit' my computer manages before it starts lagging and spending an extra hour or two loading, so I've tried to keep it around there somewhere.

On my laptop I've got 4-5 GB, sometimes as much as 10 GB. I try to keep the loading time to 5-10 minutes or less, because I mostly do CC testing on it.
Scholar
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 1:30 PM
I have 6.79 GB at the moment and my download folder is still growing. Most because of the awesome stuff at PBK. :D
When i'm going to visit my parents i will get my downloads from my old PC. I wonder how much content i will have then xD'
Mad Poster
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 1:47 PM
I think I am going on download spree. Seems I do not have nearly enough cc in my game
Mad Poster
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 3:00 PM
I have in my game 3.3 gigs of content. It loads in about 20 minutes.

I could dump half of it (but not my mods! Never my mods/hacks!) and it would load better, but I like the stuff I have in it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#20 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 4:54 PM Last edited by PenelopeT : 22nd Jun 2015 at 8:14 PM.
Think my largest has never gone past 14 GB.

I'm currently building up a new hood (almost finished...finally) and beforehand went through and got rid of tons of content and even some mods that I never use, or decided I no longer wanted. So, now it's down to 9.6 GB (a little over 41,000 files) and I love it - feels like a nice clean slate.

My game now also loads from launch to a home in 5 minutes or less (old load time varied between 10-15 minutes) now too...which is a bonus. Load time from a home lot to a community lot/other neighbor's home (a mod) is only mere seconds. I have all EP's and SP's installed.
Theorist
#21 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 4:56 PM
4.12 Go of old content. Need to go on download spree but I don't know where to start. My game loads in less than 3 minutes.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 5:03 PM
I have 7.7 right now. It takes a little less than 10 minutes to load on my laptop.

I need to do some cleaning on it though. Since the ultimate collection, I started going on a bunch of download sprees. Too many awesome creators on Tumblr! I miss the 5 minute or less wait. My biggest offenders are my hair, clothing, and clutter folders *winces*
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 5:44 PM
I only have 104MB, absolutely nothing compared to all you guys lol. I only have essential mods (which are usually very tiny) and some wallpapers, objects, and clothes. Game loads pretty fast, no more than 2 minutes on each loading screen.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Well, I was going to come here and say that too Jo. No brainer really. Digital, I don't know how you stand it. I can't find what I need half the time and mine's just about 5GB.

I stand it just fine! I like having gigantic worlds and huge, diverse cities. I remember seeing ChrisW's game (very similar to mine, very urban) and just sort of nodding because when you have that level of CC, every lot looks unique. It's wonderful. I use the game as a very immersive storytelling environment more than actually playing it. So, in a similar vein to some TS3 simblrs.

Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Why would anyone ever need 75GB of custom content? It seems a bit unnecessary.

https://community.klipsch.com/uploa...f?_r=1430511612

In all honesty, half of the stuff I have is from dead sites, or older CC you just can't get anymore that I like to keep safe in my folder for people who need it. I've been playing the game since it came out and honestly it's just great to be able to load up a lot you made years ago, and have that big nostalgia flashback.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 12:20 AM
I'm not even close to the gigabytes point since I've just started playing this game again, but i'll be getting to that point eventually. I love mods and CC for this game! Soooo much content. Whenever I download something for my sims, it feels as if I'm going on a major shopping spree.
Page 1 of 3