Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 7:12 PM
Default Is it safe to delete subhoods with graves?
I don't find much use for Downtown and Bluewater Village anymore, so I thought I would just delete them and get them out of my sight for good. But I'm sure they contain graves so would it cause corruption..? Just thought I'd check before I go ahead and ruin yet another neighborhood.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 7:37 PM
It would. Make sure you move all the graves to a place you'll keep, sell all the owned businesses, and run hoodchecker just to be sure (it can help sort out any graves that got stuck in transit), and then you can delete.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 8:02 PM
And have Pescado's nounlinkondelete in your Downloads!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 8:18 PM
I'd back up the game before deleting them too. And keep the backup so you can revert to it. Needless to say, any Sims living in either hood should move to the main 'hood too.

Personally I think it's more hassle to delete them than to keep them, but then in my game Downtown and Bluewater are vibrant parts of the Veronaville conurbation. ...And there'd be rioting in the streets of Veronaville if word got round that I might be going to close the Downtown nightclubs!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 8:22 PM
Ehh, I'll keep them because that sounds like way too dangerous and tiring. But they're going to be getting a huge makeover.
The regular EA ones are so plain... and empty. Especially Bluewater. I'm going to have to get some more lively neighborhood deco.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 8:39 PM
Tiring? A makeover's a lot more tiring than sending a few graves to a new home. But you must suit yourself. And of course they do need makeovers, that's a given.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:02 PM
Well, I actually enjoy giving makeovers. But sending graves to a lot is boring!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:15 PM
It shouldn't be too tiring/boring if you choose the option to 'Move all graves'.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 10:43 PM
Make yourself a cemetery, move the graves there and then send sims there at night. Place a tent and have teens dare each other to stay all night. Won't be so boring moving them then,

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 10:57 PM
Bluewater Village has potential, it has lots of space for beach lots! On both sides of the main valley, too.
Of course the existing housing is pretty awful and there's a lot of flattening to do, but the location is great.

What graves are in Bluewater, by the way? None of the premades have graves, and there's no cemetery. Even Downtown doesn't come with many graves.

I just hate the camera limitations in neighbourhood view for Bluewater and especially Downtown. But Downtown's actually between two rivers, I suppose Manhattan-style, a shame we can't really enjoy that because of said limitations, grrrr!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 11:25 PM
There aren't any graves in Bluewater, you just have to sell the owned community lots before you delete it.

You should be able to find a camera mod that lets you use all the downtown and Bluewater maps.