Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kilani
I'll just pretend that the sims world falls under the law of Anime.

Don't forget, ya gotta have blue hair.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 6:24 AM
Default Skin Tone Blending!
Tyler Family Tree I use the same slider for all of my sims and the skintone blends. It won't blend if you do not use the same CAS skintone slider. I like having bi-racial families and i tend to use the one with the darker skintones.Above is a family i am currently working on.
Test Subject
#28 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 12:09 PM
I'm certain that the grandparents must play some sort of role in the grandchildren because I had two brunette parents that had a light blonde baby. The father's mother also had light blond hair of the exact same shade. This surely can't just be a random coincidence...?
Test Subject
#29 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 4:53 PM
Genetics was one of the biggest factors in my love of the Sims 2. So the way it was implemented in 3 was and is perhaps the biggest disappointment that I have. Don't get me wrong, I like 3, but it still bothers me.

I've given up on the game's system myself. Instead I keep a calculator and notebook near my computer desk and figure out what I feel are more "correct" blends of the parental hair and eye colours in their offspring. Trust me when I say it can get Fun after a few generations.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 4:53 AM Last edited by ldms510 : 14th Jun 2012 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Changed numbers of eye colors to reflect recent changes in program
Quote: Originally posted by MakoPlus
Genetics was one of the biggest factors in my love of the Sims 2. So the way it was implemented in 3 was and is perhaps the biggest disappointment that I have. Don't get me wrong, I like 3, but it still bothers me.

I've given up on the game's system myself. Instead I keep a calculator and notebook near my computer desk and figure out what I feel are more "correct" blends of the parental hair and eye colors in their offspring. Trust me when I say it can get Fun after a few generations.

if you use a calculator and notebook then you might like to try my program(s). It cannot connect to the game to extract/insert colors, but if you're already manually fixing the colors, it may help your calculations. It doesn't use all colors, but has 510 hair colors and 1600 eye colors. The number of colors may not seem like much, but it does work. I based it as closely as I could to actual theories of how human hair and eye genes work.

The newer, consolidated version can also track the family tree where you can see how the colors have changed (or where recessives pop up) through the generations.

If you want to know more, go here: http://simgenetix.com/forum/index.php
Test Subject
#31 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 6:43 PM
The grandparents are taken into account as I had two sims (blue/brown) eyes and one of their grandparents (had green eyes) their child then had green eyes.
Instructor
#32 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 8:07 PM
ldms510, that's actually really cool! We did a project in Biology where we were paired up and rolled die to create the profile of what a child between the two students would look like. I'm sure my Bio teacher would have loved this program!

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Page 2 of 2