Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 2:57 AM
Default Can I choose an object's color while using create new object instance?
Let's say I have a vase, then a bunch of flowers in a separate package. The flowers are red, by by default, but I also have a blue recolor (in the same package if need be). Can I use CNOI, maybe in combination with something else, and make the game fill the vase with blue flowers?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 9:05 AM
Theorist
#3 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 1:23 PM
The technique clsve quotes will work just fine. I don't know what CNOI means, but I would suggest putting the optional recolour in the same "bunch of flowers" package as you mention - that way your coding will always find it and not produce an error (jump bug). What I mean is, if the vase coding can find the flowers package, then it will be guaranteed to also find the blue recolour texture.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 3:01 PM
Thanks for the link, clsve. I don't know why I didn't think of that since I use the same command elsewhere in the package. I guess I could create it "out of world," change the color, then have it appear.

Sophie-David -CNOI = "Create new object instance." I had a feeling they should be in the same package, so I'll stick with that, thanks.
Scholar
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 3:09 PM
It can only be done with Create New Object Instance if you already have an item with the re-colour that you want available on the lot, in that case you point Temp 5 to the item and switch on the 'copying design mode materials from object in Temp 5'.
For example in A&N children can pick flowers from the garden for their mum, the flowers are created in their hand with the same textures as the flowers on the ground. After mum receives the flowers she put then in a vase, the flowers in new vase object is also created with the textures from the original flowers.
Instructor
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 7:31 PM
If you don't want to have anything with the red default color, you can change change definitely change the default color, pointing it to the blue and not the red in the MMAT (and make the red one non default).

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 10:31 PM
Thanks, Chris Hatch.

Ankoyume, I hope to be able to choose red sometimes, and non default colors other times.