Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 7:55 PM
Default Stir Crazy
I know it's a small thing, but I was wondering if the little moodlet stir crazy annoys anybody else.

I have 8 sims in one house,so my game is running a bit slow. About 3 of them have LTW that might require them to stay home. Like my professional author. I constantly have something for those people to do at home,so when they get stir crazy,it's really annoying. I don't care about going shopping for groceries or shopping for books or collecting in this family.

So basically does it annoy anything else and if anybody knows if there's some kind of mod that removes it,because I'm tired of a stay at home mom with 6 kids has to leave because of a little moodlet.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 8:08 PM
Easiest way I know of is to just bring up the command console with Ctrl+Shift+C, type in "testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotation marks and then Ctrl-Left Click the moodlet when it pops up.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 9:50 PM
When mine do that, I send them across the street for about a sim-hour, they only have to leave their lot for it to tick away. Another thing to do is have them work on their shape by having them jog around the block (about a sim-hour) and come home. Or if they need to learn guitar, I have them play for tips in the park. Outings to the library are helpful as well, since you can have them skill and use computers while there.

And yes, I've played with multiple 8+ houses, so I'd rather they all be home so I can control every move, but it is fairly easy to work around. I take the moodlet to be a reminder to do something a little special with them, like one time I had father and son go fishing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IreneDAdler
Easiest way I know of is to just bring up the command console with Ctrl+Shift+C, type in "testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotation marks and then Ctrl-Left Click the moodlet when it pops up.

I didn't know you could do this...Normally I don't cheat ever....but I'm willing to do this,I hate that moodlet.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 12:25 AM
it annoys me too

I didn't know about the ctrl-left click trick, either! awesome, thanks for sharing.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 12:32 AM
Ahh, I do love the ole testingcheats <3

It doesn't annoy me, but it does confuse me. 'Cause when I've had it, it's there for an hour. So I keep my Sim indoors intentionally for another hour, and it doesn't change O_o
Field Researcher
#7 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 1:30 AM
Whenever my hates-the-outdoors professional writer sim gets stir crazy, I just plop his laptop into his inventory and send her to the library or art museum (both are fairly close to his home lot) to work on his books. This gets rid of the moodlet but allows him to keep on chugging away at his work.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 1:23 PM
When I get that moodlet I do nothing just let her go crazy hahaha but yeah its really annoying thank god for the cheat!
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IreneDAdler

Whenever I di this left click thing it kept coming back can you help me???? PLEASE!!!!
Alchemist
#10 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 2:55 AM
Why do first-time posters always have to post the first time in old threads?

Quote: Originally posted by Troutmaster
Whenever I di this left click thing it kept coming back can you help me???? PLEASE!!!!

You mean the moodlet got back right away or after several days again? If it's several days, it's normal. The trick doesn't get rid of the moodlet forever. Or if cheat doesn't work for you... just get out of your house for an hour.

Just call me Nikel
Eminence Grise
#11 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 11:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Why do first-time posters always have to post the first time in old threads?

Usually because they found the thread using Google, and didn't look at the date.

Ironically, however, just a few weeks ago JustAnotherSimsFan uploaded a mod for this http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=505868
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 7:16 PM
It's fairly easy to fix (not surprised that there's a mod already here), but the fix involves editing the main buffs.xml file. Which is fine, except that that file is almost guaranteed to be altered with every game update, certainly with every new expansion. So it's a mod that will need careful attention to updating. If you're up to that, no big deal. If you're lazy about checking/updating mods when you update your game, prepare for a fix to the stir crazy issue to send things pear-shaped.
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 5:13 AM
well the old no stircrazy moodlet was taken down by the author, shame because my sims had lost all its mods and i NEED the no stir crazy if im to have my sim stay at home often
Forum Resident
#14 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Scotthesimlish
well the old no stircrazy moodlet was taken down by the author, shame because my sims had lost all its mods and i NEED the no stir crazy if im to have my sim stay at home often

Check the sims asylum for the latest update for that mod. You have to register to see the mods on the site but the person who made the original mod above hosts their mods there.
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/forum/7-guests/
Scholar
#15 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 11:56 AM
Kind of annoying, because I don't want to have to keep creating Sims with "Hates Outdoors" traits, just so I don't get that stupid moodlet. I can send them off the lot for a bit... but I downloaded a mod that makes no Stir Crazy appear at all. So, now I can have a hermit Sim who really doesn't mind not leaving the house.
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 4:03 PM
I was hoping to find out how many days your sim can stay home before they go stir crazy. I was thinking send them out once a week but is that good enough?
Scholar
#17 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 4:43 PM
Just send them out on a collecting mission when that moodlet appears. Alternatively, have them take a stroll:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=577598