Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 2:12 AM
Default European sports car code not working!
I got my game today (Yay!) and redeemed my sim points, downloaded my bonus neighborhood and vintage sports car, then tried to redeem my code for the European sports car. First it said I entered an invalid code. So I tried it again, and it popped up that I had redeemed my code and my launcher had the car available to download. When I checked the box and tried to install it into my game, a red circle with a slash through it showed up in my status box and it said that I don't own that item and cannot download it. So I went back and tried again and it just says that it can't process my request, try again later. I e-mailed EA, but I was hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on this. I did have something similar happen when I tried redeeming a bonus download for pre-ordering one of my Sims 2 EPs, but I didn't really care because I didn't pay extra for a special edition of the EP. Has this happened to anyone else who bought the Collector's Edition? If it got screwed up, can EA make it right?

BTW, I'm totally loving my game, even without the sports car! :D

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 3:04 AM
Actually, since I don't own the collector's edition, I cannot say. However, EA is too busy with other requests and complaints about it. So I say if they don't reply, then let our modders with the working models do the work.

God, please protect me from your idiot followers for they have blinded themselves with bleach.

Money doesn't buy you happiness but it buys you beer and coffee.

Life is like Go. Its takes smart and amoral people to make decisions based on their strategies of living.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xunixeon
Actually, since I don't own the collector's edition, I cannot say. However, EA is too busy with other requests and complaints about it. So I say if they don't reply, then let our modders with the working models do the work.

I suppose if EA doesn't make it right, eventually our talented modders will unveil some really amazing sports cars that will put the EA version to shame. I'm really enjoying Sims 3, but I'm looking forward to custom content. Great things take time.

Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 3:30 AM
I bought the collector's edition too, and the sports car download didn't work. The Prius and Riverwood both downloaded fine. Eventually I just went and downloaded the sports car from a torrent. A lot of people seem to have this problem with the sports car thinger.
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:20 AM
A lot of people have been having problems with their codes not redeeming, not just the sports cars, but also for the actual game itself. It's a known issue, and EA says they're working on it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iamzack
I bought the collector's edition too, and the sports car download didn't work. The Prius and Riverwood both downloaded fine. Eventually I just went and downloaded the sports car from a torrent. A lot of people seem to have this problem with the sports car thinger.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's a torrent?

Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stygia2002
Forgive my ignorance, but what's a torrent?

I'm not ENTIRELY sure, but basically, it's a pirated file, I believe

EDIT: ...or a shared file... or something like that :P
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:33 AM
Torrents are files that are downloaded via Peer2Peer networking programs, such as BitTorrent or Vuze.

Remember Napster? It's basically that, only on a much broader scale. Think of Napster for music, movies, games, and software, and probably a whole bunch of other stuff I just can't think of at the moment.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:34 AM
OIC...thanks! <sigh> I'll just wait for the modders to make something cooler. I'd rather have one of those new Mustangs anyway.

Test Subject
#10 Old 14th May 2010 at 8:46 PM
Default Got my sportscar to work
I came very late to Sims 3 though I've been playing Sims since the original game started 10 years ago. I managed to buy a Holiday Collector's Edition copy just a few days ago and of course my European sports car download didn't work. None of the sites that I googled had a fix for it, so I resigned myself to contacting EA about it.

I'm posting this, I suppose, for future reference for anyone else out there that may experience this problem.

Online support didn't respond in the 24 hours that they said they would, so I actually called customer service. It took 4 people to help me. My car was downloading to the launcher but wouldn't install despite a confirmation pop-up that said it succeeded.
After trying so many things, in the end, the code I had (a 6-digit code that they declared a "mistype") gave me a 1.50MB file that didn't install into the game, nor did it download to the "Purchase History" of the Sims 3 store. Originally, my flyer in the CE box directed me to http://www.thesims3.com/holidayce.

The proper page is http://www.thesims3.com/collectors and they had to reissue me a 12-digit code that then allowed me to get my European styled sports car. This file is 1.51MB. My guess is they tweaked something in the file after various game/launcher patches.

That was about 2 hours or more on the phone, but in the end - success! The car is downloaded, installed and showing up in the game.

I'm very pleased.
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 9:00 AM

it would be nice if you share the torrent link with the us
Thanks
Field Researcher
#12 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 8:42 PM
The code wasn't working for me as well but EA decided to put it in the happy holidays presents set which is here:
http://store.thesims3.com/setsProdu...=OFB-SIM3:22676
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 5:17 PM
which torrent did you use?
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#14 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 10:23 PM
A gentle reminder:

1) Please do not bump threads from four years ago.
2) No pirating discussions.

Locked.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Necro, torrent talk.