Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 3:20 PM
Default making it window mode all the time?
instead of having to set it to window mode all the time in game is there a way to fix it to be window mode all the time?

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 4:17 PM Last edited by zano972 : 1st Apr 2011 at 5:42 AM.
Hi all,

Very simple:

In the 'option.ini' file (c:\Users\[User_Name]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The sims Medieval\)

fullscreen = 1

to fullscreen = 0

Terminé!

PS: for people who don't be able to get out the tutorial, before starting the game, they only need to set (in the option.ini file):

enablegameplaytutorial = 1

to

enablegameplaytutorial = 0

So long.

If you want to know your future...create it!
Theorist
#3 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 4:28 PM
Just add a -w switch to the target line of your shortcut.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 5:47 PM
The -w switch didn't work for Sims 3. I tried before I played the first time.

Does this mean the options menu doesn't work for other people? Every time I try to open it either nothing happens or it pops up for half a second and is gone.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 6:05 PM
Doesn't unticking 'enable fullscreen mode' in the options make it stay windowed mode? It's the same in TS3 - you shouldn't have to add anything to the shortcut because the option to do this is now built in. Or am I missing something? Does this 'reset' on startup or something?

thepantherprincess - I can open the options menu. I do tend to have trouble switching between windowed and fullscreen mode, but only in the sense of the game will minimise and I have to use keyboard shortcuts to get it restored. But this happens to me in TS3 as well, so it's probably my computer and not the game.
Theorist
#6 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 6:17 PM
Funny the -w switch doesn't work for you because I'm using it on both TS3 and TSM.