Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

XCAS core mod: more tattoo locations, edit naked outfit, slider hack, body hair, more - update 5/23/16 Steam version added.

by CmarNYC Posted 15th Feb 2011 at 5:58 PM - Updated 23rd May 2016 at 3:53 PM by CmarNYC : Steam support added

1691 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1273 Feedback Posts, 417 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 64 of 68
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1576 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexixx
It happens me either

Please see my answer to that comment - this can happen if you've installed both the basic and full core packages.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#1577 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 12:32 AM
I'm seeing the naked outfit tab in CAS and Plan Outfit, but I'm not seeing the outfit as an actual option to change into in-game.
We are supposed to be able to change into it in-game, right? I didn't misunderstand the purpose of the mod? xD I have the core basics package along with the x2 slider range, 100 slider limit, and TuningClothingNaked add-ons. Am I missing something that I need?

Edit: Re-reading the OP, I realize I may have misunderstood. This mod is only to edit what your Sims looks like when naked, but not actually offer a "naked" outfit for in-game use?
If this is the case, could you possibly point me in the right direction for a mod that does what I'm looking for?
Mad Poster
#1578 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bekah Is Boss
Re-reading the OP, I realize I may have misunderstood. This mod is only to edit what your Sims looks like when naked, but not actually offer a "naked" outfit for in-game use?
If this is the case, could you possibly point me in the right direction for a mod that does what I'm looking for?

This developer has a mod that does what you require on the adult version of this site. PM me if you need a link.

If you are an NRaas user, MasterController can also be used to switch a sim into their naked outfit on demand with its Sim > Basic > Outfit command.
Test Subject
#1579 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 1:05 AM
@igazor: Thanks! I do already have MasterController. The features of that mod are so numerous that I didn't realize that was one of them! Thank you!

(Just thought I should post so that the OP knows my inquiry is resolved. )
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1580 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 1:35 AM
Thanks for letting me know, and thanks again igazor for helping out.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#1581 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 2:26 AM Last edited by bigblabbermouth : 24th Apr 2016 at 2:49 PM. Reason: made the report as accurate as possible
bought and updated the game via steam. version 1.67.2 (steam). i have WA and ambitions installed. I put only the core mod basic (tried version 1.67, 1.69, and even 1.66 and 1.50) and the necessary options (slider 100, x4, tattoos for teens) in the Mods folder. says the mod is an older version that isn't compatible. if i try to disregard it and load anyway, it won't get past the first loading screen.. Please help. Your mod is the most important one
Test Subject
#1582 Old 17th May 2016 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The 1.67 version is still available here: http://www.timelinefiction.net/S3XCAS/

The website seems to be down indefinitely Do you happen to know of another link for the 1.67 version?
Field Researcher
#1583 Old 17th May 2016 at 10:53 PM
Default Hey.
Quote: Originally posted by shirabeastly
The website seems to be down indefinitely Do you happen to know of another link for the 1.67 version?

I have It there. http://www.mediafire.com/download/i...ufdkjq/Cmar.rar
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1584 Old 18th May 2016 at 8:32 PM
Sorry about the site dying! My hosting company decided to force migration to a new server and system and start charging for a previously free site - at an extremely inconvenient time, naturally - so I let it just get closed down. It took a little while to decide where to put the XCAS previous version files and get everything set up, but they're now located at:

https://sites.google.com/site/cmarxcas/

Thanks for providing them meanwhile, Blyneliaivel!

Quote: Originally posted by bigblabbermouth
bought and updated the game via steam. version 1.67.2 (steam). i have WA and ambitions installed. I put only the core mod basic (tried version 1.67, 1.69, and even 1.66 and 1.50) and the necessary options (slider 100, x4, tattoos for teens) in the Mods folder. says the mod is an older version that isn't compatible. if i try to disregard it and load anyway, it won't get past the first loading screen.. Please help. Your mod is the most important one

I think other people have been able to use it with Steam, but I'm not absolutely sure. The 1.67 version really should work unless Steam is using its own versioning system again. Do you have any other core mods installed that might be conflicting? Have you tried with ONLY XCAS 1.67 installed?

Mad Poster
#1585 Old 19th May 2016 at 12:22 AM
Hey again, Cmar. The Steam versions do have their own unique build numbers and will trigger the core version mismatch warning every time. That's why, up through 1.67 anyway, we have always had to provide a special version of ErrorTrap for Steam players. One would think that for XCAS and the ...uhm...three (?) other really popular core mods out there that the player could dismiss the warning and play anyway. But apparently some are unable to do that or the game minimizes to the task bar instead of displaying the warning message, which then becomes impossible to click through.

This page, around halfway down, lists out all of the build numbers for Steam and non-Steam patches in case that's any help.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Patch+Level+Compatibility
Test Subject
#1586 Old 19th May 2016 at 1:21 AM
Ok I am a litte new at this and I am having trouble get some of the mods to work right. I have been using the awsome mod and it works great, but I noticed that for one of the female sims when I turn off the nudity censor it only shows her topless with nipples and wearing shorts, but with all the other female sims it showed fully nude without any nipples. I just downloaded the xcas mod which lets you choose a naked outfit and it is supposed to show them naked in the create a sim mode when you add tattoos, but it didn't work for me. I know its not compatible with the awsome mod, so I took out the awsome mod when I the xcas mod and it let me choose the naked outfit but when I made a female sim take a shower the game still showed the censor. Is there a way to see them naked with out using the awsome mod?
Test Subject
#1587 Old 20th May 2016 at 11:08 PM
I am having the same issue. I have Steam version 1.67.2.024037 and the xcas 1.67 gives me the same error that a mod is not compatible with my version of sims3. I have removed all other mods so am only testing on xcas 1.67

any thoughts on how to fix this?
Mad Poster
#1588 Old 21st May 2016 at 1:20 AM Last edited by igazor : 21st May 2016 at 3:30 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by genfoch
I am having the same issue. I have Steam version 1.67.2.024037 and the xcas 1.67 gives me the same error that a mod is not compatible with my version of sims3. I have removed all other mods so am only testing on xcas 1.67

any thoughts on how to fix this?

There is no way to fix that on the player end for core mods as they require the exact build number to match in order to avoid the core version mismatch message. Again, that is why we have always produced different versions of ErrorTrap, the only core mod in the NRaas collection of interest to most players, for Steam vs. others.

I believe that we are the only ones who do this. The other two well known core mod developers, Pescado (AwesomeMod) and Consort (2XWeight&Fitness) never did and most Steam players are able to get through the warning and play with those in place anyway.

It is okay to click through that core version warning and play on if it's only XCAS that is causing it, if you can that is and as long as you do have the right version of XCAS for your patch level.
Test Subject
#1589 Old 21st May 2016 at 3:19 AM
Ok, thanks for the information. Is a new version of errortrap going to come out anytime soon? I'll certainly test to see if it works but i'd love to start the game without errors if possible. so all this trouble is caused by steam ?
Mad Poster
#1590 Old 21st May 2016 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by genfoch
Ok, thanks for the information. Is a new version of errortrap going to come out anytime soon? I'll certainly test to see if it works but i'd love to start the game without errors if possible. so all this trouble is caused by steam ?

The current version of ErrorTrap is v100. There are three releases, one for Patch 1.67(Steam), Patch 1.67 (everyone else), and Patch 1.69. There is currently no new version in the testing pipeline, but I am sure there will be someday and it will be for all three classes of users.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap

ErrorTrap is not part of the problem, you are essentially getting a bogus warning message. Please contact me by PM or post at NRaas if I've not been clear as this really isn't on-topic for this board.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1591 Old 23rd May 2016 at 3:49 PM
Thanks again, Igazor! The list of Steam game versions is very helpful indeed. I've uploaded versions of the mod for Steam patch 1.67 here, basic and full versions; and I've added Steam-compatible downloads to the XCAS obsolete versions page (https://sites.google.com/site/cmarxcas/) back to patch 1.50. If anyone needs an older version, let me know. And of course if there's a problem, let me know.

Mad Poster
#1592 Old 23rd May 2016 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Thanks again, Igazor! The list of Steam game versions is very helpful indeed. I've uploaded versions of the mod for Steam patch 1.67 here, basic and full versions; and I've added Steam-compatible downloads to the XCAS obsolete versions page (https://sites.google.com/site/cmarxcas/) back to patch 1.50. If anyone needs an older version, let me know. And of course if there's a problem, let me know.

Wow, that's what I would call above and beyond the call of duty -- thanks for doing this! I'll put the word out at NRaas as it will make XCAS users or wannabee users who are on Steam very happy.
Field Researcher
#1593 Old 23rd May 2016 at 6:14 PM Last edited by csg5vbe3argf : 23rd May 2016 at 8:39 PM.
Let me make clear.

So, if I don't have Sims 3 on steam (I installed Sims 3 using Sims 3 Discs itself.) or i still have patch 16.7xxxxxx(no intention to update it to 1.67xxxxx), I just have to continue to use, "XCAS Basics 1.67" or "XCAS Full 1.67 "?

No need to get "cmar_XCASbasics1.69.43.zip", "cmar_XCASfull1.69.43.zip", "cmar_XCASbasicsSteam1.67.zip", "cmar_XCASfullSteam1.67.zip", right? And these doesn't have new features added right?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1594 Old 24th May 2016 at 12:31 AM
Yes, if you have the game installed from discs and you're on 1.67, use cmar_XCASbasics1.67 or cmar_XCASfull1.67, available from the obsolete versions page.

The Steam versions are only for people who have bought and installed the game from Steam.

Field Researcher
#1595 Old 24th May 2016 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Yes, if you have the game installed from discs and you're on 1.67, use cmar_XCASbasics1.67 or cmar_XCASfull1.67, available from the obsolete versions page.

The Steam versions are only for people who have bought and installed the game from Steam.

Cool.
Thanks for reply.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#1596 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 4:04 AM
Thank you very much for the update and for maintaining your mods!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1597 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 8:09 AM
thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#1598 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 1:10 PM
Thanks!I had to download XCAS basic from the other site to get the 167 version since I'm on disks and at 167.
Test Subject
#1599 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 4:37 PM
Is this mod incompatible with Jonha's CAS sliders? I can play my game with just these but not if I have these and Jonha's installed
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1600 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by steffib195
Is this mod incompatible with Jonha's CAS sliders? I can play my game with just these but not if I have these and Jonha's installed

There are no sliders in this mod so I'm not sure what you mean. Any custom sliders should work with it.

Page 64 of 68