Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Different Colored Eyes - Cyborg

by generalzoi Posted 7th Nov 2005 at 3:14 AM - Updated 14th May 2010 at 11:27 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 54 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rocas Faol 777
Is it possible to get that "reflective sheen" on the surface of an eye like what you can do to the texture of clothing (i.e. some of the pvc outfits and the Samus Aran Armor by Thunderbreak)? I do not know because I have not done anything with eyes before...

The fact that it's an eye isn't really important. It's the same as any other accessory. As for making it reflexive, I'm sure it's possible, but I don't how it's done. However, they have several tutorial and discussion on reflexivity on this site, if you want more information. I should probably learn how to do it myself.

Come hang out with me and SynapticSim at The Lair
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 6:40 AM
That is fabulous. I thought this would never be possible.

Is anyone interested in using this wonderful mesh to try to make wall eyes (eyes that stare in opposite directions) -- even with just one eye looking the other way it would create the oppropriate effect. I came up against this problem when I was trying to make the Gaunts from Harry Potter.

I am a sweet, fluffy bunny. I live in a golden meadow surrounded by unicorns and butterflies. I have 10 nice points.

Better?
Test Subject
#28 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 5:56 PM
any chance you can make this for the oringal sims or nightlife rather then univ ? cause i cant use them and i really want to.

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mrfrost
any chance you can make this for the oringal sims or nightlife rather then univ ? cause i cant use them and i really want to.

I thought when I first uploaded this that you had to have University because I did, but you don't. It'll work with just the base game.

Test Subject
#30 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 4:25 AM
will you...uh.... make a zipped file of this? i still cant find out how to open rar...

I have figured out their weakness!!! Without their heads, their powerless!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 3:01 PM
It's against site rules to have a .zip and a .rar of the same files. But check out the .rar tutorial at http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=62041.

#32 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 11:01 PM
Why is it against the rules? (that's a rhetorical question, you don't have to answer it...)

I own a Mac, and it's pretty much impossible to download .rar files. D:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 5:32 PM
It's just to reduced bandwidth. This is a huge site, and many things are uploaded every day. It's probably very expensive to maintain, and they offer it for free. I personally use .rar because they're smaller and I've always found them easier to handle.

As for the Mac, look up MacRar. It's a free .rar tool for Macintosh.

Field Researcher
#34 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 2:17 AM
Wunderbar! Now I can finally make Rammstein's lead guitarist. With his white contact lens.

"I always wanted to fly in strange machines"
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 11:43 AM
You're so cool! If you weren't a chick then I'd be so in love with you. And if you weren't a fish I'd kiss you (joke: made by a friend of mine).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by medievalprincess
Wonderful! Love it! I was wondering if you can "switch" the mesh for the right eye, I mean one of my sims should have his right eye completely red...... Is this something that could be done?

I could switch the mesh, but there's no real point. If you want a red right eye, just color the mesh like a regular eye and color the sim's real eyes red. Voila! Instant effect :D.

Field Researcher
#37 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 4:21 PM
yay! im off to make marilyn manson hehehe
Forum Resident
#38 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 8:47 PM Last edited by DocFX : 29th Sep 2006 at 8:54 PM. Reason: Just caught the [Enter] key when I moved my Guitar!.
I'm the laughing Gnome & you can't catch me!...
Thanks!, this'll be very useful - just gotta the find time now to create the perfect 'Bowie' to use this with! - cheers for sharing!...

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Test Subject
#39 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 10:17 PM
i found a slight problem with this, the problem is the eye won't show up... well actually it will show up but the original eye covers it.

the character i used this on is one of my own named narcore his left eye is yellow and the right is green, since i don't know how to recolor anything in sims 2 i had to download some eyes off of another site to get some yellow eyes and some othe eyes that are based of this one for the green.

my question though is does it only work the best with the orginal eyes from the game, though i know that if that's the answer i'm screwed because i don't know how to change the already made sim.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 2:42 AM
I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're saying, but this is one of my earliest accessories, and I didn't know as much about creating then as I know now. But it doesn't matter what eyes you use. They're all just images to the game.

First of all, if the accessory is appearing behind the sim's eyes, how exactly can you see it at all? How does it show up? You say you downloaded a recolor someone else did - did you make sure to download and install the mesh included above as well?

It is possible that if the sim has an oddly shaped face that the accessory will simply not appear in the right place. If that's the case there's nothing I can do about it. But if the face is a pretty standard human face, then it should appear in the right place. Any information on exactly what you did and what is happening in your game would help me figure out what's wrong.

Also, because the is an accessory and thus counts as glasses, you can put it on and take it off a sim by going up to a mirror and choosing "Change Appearance," just like any other glasses.

EDIT: If you have Pets installed, it just might not work. This is a problem with Maxis, not with the accessory, and I can't do anything about it.

Test Subject
#41 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 10:37 PM
if i could post a picture it would be easier but i'll try to explain better.

it is behind but not completely i can see a small bit of green around the yellow of his normal eyes, yes i dowloaded a recolor from sim cribbling, yes i dowloaded everything that i was told to download on http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=213272 <-- this recolor.

i'm not sure if the sims face is oddly shaped but i might have adjusted the eyes though i don't remember doing so, i'm not sure on anything i did i'm new to sims 2 and i could have done a number of things wrong and never know it.

in the game well i just recently noticed this will i was wondering what were the little spots on my sims face which i thought were bruises but were acne and i noticed both eyes were yellow, anyway the character is a teen if that helps.

i tried taking it off and also changing it to other ones from the recolors i had downloaded to get a green eye, anyway i changed it and nothing worked.

i don't have no expansions yet unfortunetly.

i could have moved the eyes forward to much and didn't realize but i'm not sure if the second eye stays in place or wether it moves with the original.

i hope that helps.
Test Subject
#42 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 10:42 PM

well i took these two pictures maybe that will help.

one is a recolor set and the other is a different eye i found on sim cribbling, i have the resolution up as high is it can go and the camara quality is the best the game offers.
i find when i'm in the change apperance screen everything works fine once i'm playing the game this happens.

oh and ignore the dots on his face they won't go away.

also these are two different characters, well same character but i made a second sim to see if i could get this to work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 1:57 AM
Unfortunately, I've never been much of a troubleshooter. If something doesn't work, well, usually it just doesn't work. I have no idea what would be causing the accessory to appear in the wrong place. I think someone else had a similar problem with this accessory, but they eventually disappeared without letting me know whether the issue had been resolved. So I'm afraid I can't help you. Sorry.

Test Subject
#44 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 2:14 AM
it's ok he'll just have to stick with yellow eyes for now, he looks fine that way anyway.
i figured that it was unfixable, might be my game too it put some hair style in the body section, and a body in the hair section.
Test Subject
#45 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 1:38 AM
ok i decieded finally to do some experimatation and i used and adult sim, turns out my game is finiky it will only work on adults so far.

but i can live with that, so thanks for making this. *i probably should have said that sooner*
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 3:02 AM
way to go! thanks for sharing

Joy
True Image Of Happiness

a.k.a. Small Town Sim
Test Subject
#47 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 8:26 PM
Just had to say thank you since I've been looking for odd colored eyes since the game first came out! Thank you!!
Test Subject
#48 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 7:39 AM
I think this is a very awesome idea. There are so many characters I'd like to make that have odd eyes. I just wanted to know...did you make this using the option from Pets to choose cats and dogs eye colours individually? Cause for some time now I've been thinking "What if you just took that and made it available for the human create-a-sim?"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 6:08 PM
I made this two years ago, so, no.

Test Subject
#50 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 3:13 AM
Oh wow, I've been looking for something like this. Thank you so much!

And it's a lot easier to recolor when you realize that this is an accessory, not a genetic eye color... :-|
Page 2 of 3