Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 12:30 PM
Default Alpha Editing Problems?
I've had this issue for years, but it never really affected me until now. Basically if I touch the alpha in any way (and saving it as the correct file name and type) I always have gotten this or similar.

What can I do to fix this so I can edit things properly?
Note: Paint.Net is my default image editor.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 6:20 PM
Moved to Bodyshop forum.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 10:12 PM
My guess would be that something in your graphics editor is messing with the file format of the alpha and confusing Body Shop. Have you tried altering and saving the file with another program (even just Paint that comes with Windows) to see if the same thing happens? I've never had this happen (I use Photoshop Elements), but I know some programs (like The GIMP) have caused problems for people when they go to save the image files.

If it works okay with another program, you'll know that's what the problem is. If not, then... Body Shop is having issues?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
My guess would be that something in your graphics editor is messing with the file format of the alpha and confusing Body Shop. Have you tried altering and saving the file with another program (even just Paint that comes with Windows) to see if the same thing happens? I've never had this happen (I use Photoshop Elements), but I know some programs (like The GIMP) have caused problems for people when they go to save the image files.

If it works okay with another program, you'll know that's what the problem is. If not, then... Body Shop is having issues?

If it's Body Shop, any ideas of what could be the issue in it? I tried saving it with Paint and it's still showing up like that...Just the shape of it has moved slightly so there's no messed up shoe on the foot with no spot on the side.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 10:06 PM
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Could you post a screenshot of the alpha and texture files? I'd like to see what's going on there.