Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#151 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 2:53 PM
Default mesh hair
Hi i am a new user and on thesims2.com you cant download some tipes of hair and one person said that you can download it if you download the mesh tool on this site but i cant figure out how to do it. could you send a message to " [email protected] " explaining how to get the mesh for long hair. Thank you so much
Advertisement
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#152 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 4:49 AM
samanathajhawes

I don't know where you got that info but I am guessing the official site or some other place where people don't have a clue what they are talking about. The mesh tool is for use by creators making NEW 3d meshes.

If you want new meshes for in your game you download them. Browse to our download area, find genetics meshes and you will find a hair section.

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 12:18 AM
Being new to this site and this mesh stuff, 99% of what you all are saying is a foreign language to me. I can't even download the original program that this thread is for. I always get the message:
ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://files.modthesims2.com:81/getfile.php?

The following error was encountered:

* Access Denied.

Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.
Generated Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:04:53 GMT by localhost (Squid/2.4.STABLE3)

Wud I do? Is it me? ARGH
#154 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 6:31 AM
Default Where can I get MilkShape?
I'm currently working on a skin that I want to upload, but it has an annoying raised area where a halter necklace thing used to be. So I downloaded SimPE and MTS2 and I know that I need a 3D program. Could someone give me the link to where I can get MilkShape? Thanks.

Eirena
Field Researcher
#155 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eirenagerrek
I'm currently working on a skin that I want to upload, but it has an annoying raised area where a halter necklace thing used to be. So I downloaded SimPE and MTS2 and I know that I need a 3D program. Could someone give me the link to where I can get MilkShape? Thanks.

Eirena
Get Milkshape here.

Have fun creating.
#156 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 3:36 PM
Default Thank you.
thanks so much. i'm on my way to download it now.

eirena
#157 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 5:01 PM
objects
How do you create objects, cause a simmaster on the sims2 said to go here. Can you help me? :bump: :dmille:
Test Subject
#158 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 2:03 PM
Ok. I am new to all of this meshing stuff so can someone please help me? I would be very thankful if someone would please send me a easy tutorial on how to import meshs into the game. If you have an easy one that I can understand please send it to :

[email protected]
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 7:20 PM
so, the ONLY advantage to using smd files is that you can have multiple bones assigned to a vertice? i can see how thatd help, but id like to be able to also edit the fat/prego body types. will this be poosible soon you think?
Field Researcher
#161 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 5:47 PM
i got that error when i import and obj file
could u help me ?
i do the mesh with 3dstudio and then i've imported it in Wing3D and then exported in obj format...

http://www.max3d.it/temp/sShot/Help.jpg

i wanna mesh tooo >(
Test Subject
#162 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 1:33 PM
Default Do u have to have
SimPE to Run the meshing toold? cant u just use paint or somethin?????
Field Researcher
#163 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 6:29 PM
Actually i replace directly the obj file in SimPE without creating a new .package file probably that is one of my error ^^
Test Subject
#164 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 12:20 AM
Okay, I'm confused. I can't find the .obj files to use so that I can mod them. Help. Please. :confused:
Test Subject
#165 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 3:41 PM
Do u have to pay for it?
#166 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 3:29 AM
Default I can't quite make it!
I used milkshape to create this mesh but I can't figure out how to export it. Could someone help me finish the job. I've included a before and after- the after is in milkshape format.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  brokenmesh.rar (43.9 KB, 19 downloads)
#167 Old 28th Aug 2005 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dr. Doom
Okay, I'm confused. I can't find the .obj files to use so that I can mod them. Help. Please. :confused:

Yes me too. I can't find these files. Were are they??
Test Subject
#168 Old 30th Aug 2005 at 11:54 PM
I've been following the new mesh tutorial but using my own object..like an endtable and I cloned the CORNERSTONE "Sentinel" endtable. It has only one material , so I made my endtable in wings3D
only 1 combined material.

Any way in Meshtool I keep getting to the part where you choose materials in model then choose view GMDC.... I get this error

Can someone help me on this or has this happened to anybody else? :confused:

hugs,
Angelindesgise
SunnySideSims
Field Researcher
#169 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by angelindesgise
I've been following the new mesh tutorial but using my own object..like an endtable and I cloned the CORNERSTONE "Sentinel" endtable. It has only one material , so I made my endtable in wings3D
only 1 combined material.

Any way in Meshtool I keep getting to the part where you choose materials in model then choose view GMDC.... I get this error

Can someone help me on this or has this happened to anybody else? :confused:

Hi Angel!
I think you can solve that problem by deleting the texture from the .obj file and resaving it. At least I think that's how it works with Milkshape.
Test Subject
#170 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 3:07 AM
are you talking about deleting the texture file in SimPE? The gmdc file?

hugs,
Angelindesgise
SunnySideSims
Field Researcher
#171 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 4:00 AM
are you talking about deleting the texture file in SimPE? The gmdc file?

Oops! No not in SimPE. I use Milkshape and it seems if I don't delete all the materials before I export the .obj file I get that error in the mesh tool.
Test Subject
#172 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 2:13 PM Last edited by angelindesgise : 31st Aug 2005 at 2:23 PM.
Oh ok, thanks....I don't use Milkshape I use wings3D. I combine the materials before I export.

This is my first attempt in trying to make objects.I have been studying Mod_V's tutorial over at MTS2 but I'm waiting on part 3. So I'm stuck as to what to do. So I've tried to work with the Mesh Tool and I'm getting this crazy error. I open the 3dfile I made in wings plus I open the GMDC file( 5gd mesh) then edit groups and pick materials in which I named the material. I check view GMDC and that error comes up. :weep:
Field Researcher
#173 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 1:42 AM
Oh ok, thanks....I don't use Milkshape I use wings3D. I combine the materials before I export.

This is my first attempt in trying to make objects.I have been studying Mod_V's tutorial over at MTS2 but I'm waiting on part 3. So I'm stuck as to what to do. So I've tried to work with the Mesh Tool and I'm getting this crazy error. I open the 3dfile I made in wings plus I open the GMDC file( 5gd mesh) then edit groups and pick materials in which I named the material. I check view GMDC and that error comes up. :weep:

Hmm.. I wish I could help.
Test Subject
#174 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 5:09 AM
Awe, That's ok.....I'm being very patient. In the mean time I'm tidying up my site with new navigation.
Field Researcher
#175 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 3:53 PM
Awe, That's ok.....I'm being very patient. In the mean time I'm tidying up my site with new navigation.

Yeah, I checked it out (I looked at the link you gave Greg); I love the way it looks.
Page 7 of 14