Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#4776 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
You can edit a premade penthouse (shell building). You need to enable testingCheatsEnabled true, restrictBuildBuyBuildings off/false, and (optional) buyDebug on.

I'm not sure about the second question though. How do you make the entrance to be on the top floor? Some shell buildings, like the LN skyscrapers allow you to build several stories on the topmost floor because the shell is designed that way. Some shell buildings don't, such as the Private Venue shells from Showtime. They're designed to be decorated on the ground floor only. It will look weird if you try to add second floor, but it's barely noticeable anyway.

Also, due to the significant height difference in LN skyscrapers, I'm not sure if you could connect the top floor with the ground floor using stairs. That's why elevators exist so it would create immersion that you could reach the top floor.

I know how to edit appartments. I'm not asking that. And the entrance thing, entrance to the building is on ground level, yes, but to the appartment in this case is on the toppest floor which means I can't add floors going up without it looking uberly stupid. I want the second floor go down like in a regular two storey house, but when I try to place the stairs it sais I can't place items on top of each other, even with moveobjects on. I'm not trying to build stairs going all the way down to ground level.
Advertisement
Inventor
#4777 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 8:11 AM
Is there any way to change the appearance of tourists? I don't get the XCAS outfit changer or the NRaas master controller advanced edit in CAS options when I click on them. I get NRaas dresser options , but it doesn't seem like anything in there is going to help.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4778 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 7:51 AM
Does anyone know where the game hides the setting to use the princess gloves that came with Generations as the default gloves for children's outerwear? I checked the CASP resource for them in the GEN EP and there they are neither set for Outerwear nor as Valid For Random, but every time a toddler ages up to child in my games they get these as their outerwear accessory, girls and boys alike.
Theorist
#4779 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
Is there any way to change the appearance of tourists? I don't get the XCAS outfit changer or the NRaas master controller advanced edit in CAS options when I click on them. I get NRaas dresser options , but it doesn't seem like anything in there is going to help.

@MOOKIEBLAYLOCK, I don't use mods but I do TCE all the time. I always Edit Sim in CAS - EA sims only. I don't play EA sims, I always create my own and I make over EVERY single one I come across in all my games. I don't know if this helps you out but there's my 2 simoleons on the matter Happy Simming!!

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
#4780 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 5:30 AM
When I try to run my game without CC through the option in the launcher it says that if I play without CC it'll permanently replace the CC objects with base game objects. Does this mean everything will still be base game objects even after I run my game with CC later? Sorry if that's confusing.
#4781 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 9:31 AM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 13th Oct 2014 at 9:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by sierrakusterbeck
When I try to run my game without CC through the option in the launcher it says that if I play without CC it'll permanently replace the CC objects with base game objects. Does this mean everything will still be base game objects even after I run my game with CC later? Sorry if that's confusing.
Yes, once these objects get replaced they will not turn back into the CC objects. Unless you don't save, of course.

Quote: Originally posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
I think to remember that tourists and explorers are blocked from editing. I can't remember the reason but I think it has to do with that tourists who can appear in both homeworlds and travel destinations are always different copies of the same Sim. Editing one would not affect the other versions and can lead to possibly game damaging results. AwesomeMod's "editsim [first name] [last name]" console command still used to allow to send tourists into CAS but as NRaas doesn't allow it anymore I guess it's probably better to not touch them.
It's probably even better to not deal with tourists and explorers at all or at least not interact with them. I have disabled them completely.
Scholar
#4782 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 5:00 PM
Is it possible for alien pregnancies to result in twins/triplets?

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Instructor
#4783 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 9:24 PM
This question has been on my mind for quite a while: If I go into my launcher, and go into the Downloads section, will checking something and hitting Delete delete it from the game, or just the list of CC?
Mad Poster
#4784 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheRedRaven
This question has been on my mind for quite a while: If I go into my launcher, and go into the Downloads section, will checking something and hitting Delete delete it from the game, or just the list of CC?

It will just delete it from the Downloads list - you have to go down to Installed Content and click Uninstall to remove it from the game.
Alchemist
#4785 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 11:19 AM
Does anybody still play as Architectural Designer? Do you keep getting the annoying "I cannot live in this squalor!" accusation from the client? I keep trying to figure out what's wrong with this problem. I heard that the reason was that there are insufficient beds that can hold all family members of the client (which you can't really know how many of them). Usually this occurred because of story progression when the family grows to have more children, so they blame the architect for having too few beds.

It's been long since I last played as Architectural Designer, but this didn't always work, as I recalled. I added as many bunk beds as I could to save space, but they kept complaining. Finally, I tried to find out the code that checks this, and I guess I found one. The code said that in addition to sufficient beds (cribs for infants aren't required), you also need a toilet, a fridge, a bathtub, AND a shower. That's right. If you have either bathtub or shower but not both, chances are that's what caused the client to complain.

I actually don't know if this is the right code I was looking for, so if anyone still encounters this squalor problem, can you please help check if this solution is effective?

Just call me Nikel
Theorist
#4786 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Does anybody still play as Architectural Designer? Do you keep getting the annoying "I cannot live in this squalor!" accusation from the client? I keep trying to figure out what's wrong with this problem. I heard that the reason was that there are insufficient beds that can hold all family members of the client (which you can't really know how many of them). Usually this occurred because of story progression when the family grows to have more children, so they blame the architect for having too few beds.

It's been long since I last played as Architectural Designer, but this didn't always work, as I recalled. I added as many bunk beds as I could to save space, but they kept complaining. Finally, I tried to find out the code that checks this, and I guess I found one. The code said that in addition to sufficient beds (cribs for infants aren't required), you also need a toilet, a fridge, a bathtub, AND a shower. That's right. If you have either bathtub or shower but not both, chances are that's what caused the client to complain.

I actually don't know if this is the right code I was looking for, so if anyone still encounters this squalor problem, can you please help check if this solution is effective?

This must be something new? Probably with the last patch. I have an Architectural Designer but I haven't played her in ages and I've never seen that accusation ever. As an AD, my sim has redesigned spaces to increase bedrooms in a house but it usually comes with a bathroom addition as well. I might need to load that save and try it.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Alchemist
#4787 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
This must be something new? Probably with the last patch. I have an Architectural Designer but I haven't played her in ages and I've never seen that accusation ever. As an AD, my sim has redesigned spaces to increase bedrooms in a house but it usually comes with a bathroom addition as well. I might need to load that save and try it.

I've had that accusation forever and it has always been that way since the beginning. Probably your clients never had a huge family in the first place, so they never complained.

Just call me Nikel
Instructor
#4788 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 7:46 PM
Does or would it speed up the loading if I disable the interactive loading screen? It is pointless to me.
Field Researcher
#4789 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
Does or would it speed up the loading if I disable the interactive loading screen? It is pointless to me.

I'm sure my game loads quicker when I have the interactive loading screen disabled. I rather think my (most EPs, lots of stuff packs, store stuff & CC) game loads quicker than my son's 2 EPA, 1 stuff pack, minimal store content or CC game does with the interactive loading screens.
Scholar
#4790 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 4:50 AM
None of my Sims in any of my saves can change into their outerwear, whenever I try to change them into their outerwear, regardless of what I try it doesn't work. I can't fix it and there is no answer online. Can somebody please help me, this is so fucking annoying.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Test Subject
#4791 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 6:15 AM
I haven't touched the Overrides folder, but what is it for and what sort of mods require it to be placed there to work?
Field Researcher
#4792 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChinchillaJesus
None of my Sims in any of my saves can change into their outerwear, whenever I try to change them into their outerwear, regardless of what I try it doesn't work. I can't fix it and there is no answer online. Can somebody please help me, this is so fucking annoying.

That's weird! Stupid answer - just checking you haven't installed Seasons?

Can you plan outerwear, either in CAS or at the dresser?

Do they change into their other outfits at the appropriate times?

Can you identify when it happened & if you'd added some CC between it working & not working?

What happens if you take all your CC out? (Last time I had a problem, after spending a day taking all my CC out & checking with the 50/50 method, I realised the problem was actually the custom world I was using - which was an empty Sunset Valley... )
Alchemist
#4793 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 10:49 AM

All Sims by default will copy their everyday outfit as their outerwear (plus a pair of gloves), unless you manually plan their outerwear in dresser. Are you sure this isn't the problem?

Just call me Nikel
#4794 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 12:39 PM
How does a Performance Duel for the Showtime careers work? My Sim called another Sim during a Simfest and challenged him to a performance duel. But nothing happened.
Scholar
#4795 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucyBorgia
That's weird! Stupid answer - just checking you haven't installed Seasons?

Can you plan outerwear, either in CAS or at the dresser?

Do they change into their other outfits at the appropriate times?

Can you identify when it happened & if you'd added some CC between it working & not working?

What happens if you take all your CC out? (Last time I had a problem, after spending a day taking all my CC out & checking with the 50/50 method, I realised the problem was actually the custom world I was using - which was an empty Sunset Valley... )

I have Seasons, I'll get rid of some mods and cc I recently downloaded, this is just a new problem . All their other outfits are fine, it's just they won't change into their outerwear, it still shows up in plan outfit, edit sim, and stylist.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Field Researcher
#4796 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 2:56 PM
I have Seasons, I'll get rid of some mods and cc I recently downloaded, this is just a new problem . All their other outfits are fine, it's just they won't change into their outerwear, it still shows up in plan outfit, edit sim, and stylist.

Hopefully, taking out one of the new mods/cc will do the trick - it's so annoying when the game doesn't work properly!
Instructor
#4797 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 4:25 PM
Gosh I love this thread
Anyway, I was recently going through my screenshots folder and noticed a lot of splotchy-looking Sims, like on the picture attached. The clothes look absolutely horrible, mostly on the tights where it goes from green, to a midtone, to black. What graphics setting do I have to turn up to get rid of this?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4798 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheRedRaven
Gosh I love this thread
Anyway, I was recently going through my screenshots folder and noticed a lot of splotchy-looking Sims, like on the picture attached. The clothes look absolutely horrible, mostly on the tights where it goes from green, to a midtone, to black. What graphics setting do I have to turn up to get rid of this?

From the looks of the screenshot and the tattoo on the Sim's chest I am guessing you either need to up Texture Detail or Sim Detail.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#4799 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
From the looks of the screenshot and the tattoo on the Sim's chest I am guessing you either need to up Texture Detail or Sim Detail.

The tattoo looks the same no matter what level I have Sim detail on. I keep texture detail on high, so I tried bumping up Sim Detail to it's max, but that doesn't seem to help. Now I'm thinking that maybe it's just the texture. I'm gonna have to go in and see if it's a leather or plastic.
Top Secret Researcher
#4800 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 3:03 PM
This is from someone who has never created a decent sim herself.

Let's say I have a couple of sliders installed, would the randomizer take them into account?
If I have a default skin installed, does a downloaded sim use that one if I don't have the one that was used in creating said sim?
With non-default skins, how can I tell which is which?
Some of my downloaded sims have this odd crease between head an neck. How does that happen?

I know I should know these things but I don't have that much play time and sim creation is not how I like to spend it.
Page 192 of 385