Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 11:23 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Unique Instances breaks recolours... sometimes.
Basically: I bundle recolours into a single package to make the game run faster. It works pretty well most of the time. All you gotta do is add all your files to a new package, select the MMATs and hit Unique Instances. The last step is required to make sure more than one recolours shows up.
However, because I'm always downloading new CC, sometimes those packages need updating, mostly EAxis recolours. And that's where things get funky. Sometimes, I'll add the new recolours, hit Unique Instances, save, and everything's fine. Other times, I'll get an error message either when I hit Unique Instances or when I save (attached below). I don't know what it means because hitting 'details' does nothing except get rid of the 'details' button. All I know for sure is that when that pop-up appears, the recolour is broken, I have no idea how or where, and that trying to use it will crash my game. Sometimes if I restart SimPE and try again, it'll work. Other times, I'll get the error when I save and have to recreate the file from backups. As you can imagine, this is ANNOYING. And the most annoying thing is, I don't know why this happens or what went wrong, which makes avoiding it pretty difficult. So, anyone got any advice? Or has anyone else even seen this happen? I even downloaded Chris Hatch's latest SimPE update to see if it fixed the problem (was using 0.73) but no joy.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 1:07 PM
Are the resources compressed? SimPE can have difficulties changing compressed files particularly changing the TGI values. If/when hitting the details button appears to do nothing try 'dragging' the pop-up window bigger (bottom-right corner), the details are usually there but aren't always visible.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 3:20 PM
Yes, I always compress them afterwards 'cause they wind up pretty big. I'll try dragging the pop-up window next time it happens and report back.