Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2020 at 9:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game won't start because it can\t find drivers?
i just downloaded the ultimate collection from origin and when I try to start it, it says that it "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate." I did my googles and apparently the game doesn't recognize my graphics card. Noy crazy, as I've always had this problem when first downloading it ever since it came out. So I've done the whole shabang where you make the game recognize your graphics card, using the leefish site. I've done this for multiple computers. I have no idea why when I try to get THIS computer to recognize it then I'm still having the same problem? This is so frustrating because the Sims 3 is not recognizing my graphics card either. I don't know what to do. I'm tired of playing the sims 4 but 2 and 3 are unplayable on my computer.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Jan 2020 at 9:46 PM
hardware, system... (Win10 I presume... ) ?

The game will definitely won't recognize your GPU but there may be a way to deal with this.

put, please, contents of the
~\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Logs\[your_username]-config-log.txt
between the spoiler tags ( {spoiler} {/spoiler}, change '{' '}' for '[' ']' ), for the beginning we need to know what the game think about your machine.

//I won't help you with the Win10 shenanigans of all sorts, but there're people able, and usually willing to do so.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jan 2020 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
hardware, system... (Win10 I presume... ) ?

The game will definitely won't recognize your GPU but there may be a way to deal with this.

put, please, contents of the
~\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Logs\[your_username]-config-log.txt
between the spoiler tags ( {spoiler} {/spoiler}, change '{' '}' for '[' ']' ), for the beginning we need to know what the game think about your machine.

//I won't help you with the Win10 shenanigans of all sorts, but there're people able, and usually willing to do so.

I'll take literally any help that I can get lmao
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jan 2020 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by linastyy

I'll take literally any help that I can get lmao

Forgot to add my dxdiag with my specs. My apologies
Attached files:
File Type: txt  DxDiag.txt (158.8 KB, 5 downloads)
Scholar
#5 Old 8th Jan 2020 at 1:30 AM
I don't know a permanent fix for this, but I have the same problem if I launch it in fullscreen mode. If I launch it in windowed mode, I can play, so maybe that would work for you?

What you need to do is right click on your shortcut for the game, click 'Properties,' go to the very end of the 'Target' textbox, and put in -w.
Scholar
#6 Old 8th Jan 2020 at 5:59 PM
em, it does not seems that app even reach the point where it starts to review a hardware ^^

You may try to install DX9c (from MS directly) just for the reason of particular libraries presence; the game should work just fine (better than fine) with iGPU. UHD 6** is better than anything existing while the game lifetime. No need {F*ck NVidia News}to bother with pesky drivers' mess{/}. For any other problem - look at the numerous howtos (because in Windows 10 there's no problems at all, apparently )

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Jan 2020 at 10:56 PM
You need to add your graphics card to your video cards.sgr file in your install directory, and also modify your graphics rules.sgr to adjust things like resolution, texture memory used and shadows. This is not a problem with not having DX9, so downloading it won't help. You can also see if adding -w to the target of the shortcut you use to open the game helps, this causes the game to open in windowed mode and sometimes the DX9 messages goes away if you do that. You should still fix your video cards and graphics rules files though, and there's plenty of info on how to do that over on leefish.