Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 7:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Default Replacements - somehow destroyed base game mesh file, now it's broken with the mesh for afparkaboots permanently missing.
Hi,

I have run into a problem with default replacements. Now, after all the ones I put in refusing to show up (despite having the meshes), afparkaboots has somehow become permanently ruined. I removed the custom default replacement files specific to this outfit/file, and the outfit is still missing a mesh... which is stupid, because there is nothing replacing it any more. It's just frustrating seeing chopped up sims walking by in winter.

How do I fix this? What has even gone wrong? This hasn't been the case for other outfits with similar issues (that is, where the outfit displayed this chopped up missing mesh look, I promptly removed those replacements, and got new ones which worked). It's just this one outfit.

Thanks for any help.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 9:26 AM
If you have UC, maybe try repairing your game via origin?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 7:07 PM
Have you tried removing your .cache files and cigen.package? (Cigen.package will only be there if you've used Body Shop).

All three files are found in My Documents > EA Games > Sims 2 on Windows 7. I assume Windows 10 has some similar file structure.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jan 2020 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Have you tried removing your .cache files and cigen.package? (Cigen.package will only be there if you've used Body Shop).

All three files are found in My Documents > EA Games > Sims 2 on Windows 7. I assume Windows 10 has some similar file structure.

I think this might solve the problem. I'll try that out and see what happens.