Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 7:52 AM Last edited by bellatrixclovis : 28th Jul 2011 at 1:16 PM.
1. Which game(s) do you have?
Base game + EP's (WA, Amb, LN and Gen)

2. What game version/patch level?
Base game is at level 1.22.9 and EP are all patched up to the same level.
(Note: it's a fresh install (2 weeks old) on a fresh Windows too. I installed all disk in release order, then patched manually in the same order. Between the first and the second occurrence of the bug, I patched to 1.24.3)

3. How many sims are missing/invisible?
3 Sims, that's all the members of the household. They disappeared at the very same moment.
Later, while troubleshooting, I found out that Emma Hatch (townie) was invisible too.

4. Do they have an icon or not?
Yes for my active Sims, I still have their avatars. No for Emma.

5. Do you have any UI issues?
Not when the issue occurred, but after, while troubleshooting, the UI disappeared too.
I can add that the arrow pointer is faulty too, it's stuck on the grab hand version.

6. Were the sims traveling?
No, they were at home in Sunset Valley. This was a newly created game in SV, 5 sims weeks long. No Sims have ever travelled in this save.

7. to 12. (travel related questions): N/A

13. Are you using SuperComputer or AwesomeMod?
No, neither any other mod or cc at this time. Only a few store stuff.

14. Are you using EA Story Progression, Twallan's Story Progression, or Awesome Story?
EA Story Progression

15. When did the issue start?
For me last night, for my sims, this is a 5-6 sims weeks old save.

16. What were your sims doing?
Nothing special. The father was going to play guitar, the kid was going to bed and the mother was going to paint. There was a pile of dirty clothes on the ground, I grabbed them to drop them in a hamper, and this is when my pointer got stuck in the grab hand form. The 3 Sims disappeared at the very same moment.

Edit: I replayed from an earlier save. The same bug happened again, at the exact same moment (in game time is Week 6 Day 3 10.28 pm). Only the mom vanished from screen. She was reading Ambrosia. At 10.28 pm, she jumped, disappeared and went to play video game. The dad stay visible but froze for some seconds, then jumped to the garden and played with sprinkler. The kid still visible too and riding back home.

17. What things have you tried
Cleared the caches (no result)
Resetsim for the 3 household members
Resetsim *
Reloading several times

18. What worked?
Resetsim (individual and global) to make the Sims of the active household visible again, but not for a very long time. They disappear again and the UI too, in the Sims hours following the reload. Why or how, it seams pretty random to me.
Going back to a previous save (3 sims days before) seams to work. But I'm afraid the corrupted elements are already present, they just haven't "exploded' yet!

19. What didn't work?
Just reloading and clearing cache did nothing.
Resetsim on Emma Hatch did nothing for her.

Edit: the second time, I reset all 3 of them and sent them to bed. They would all randomly jumped out of bed and could not be played normally anymore.

20. Anything else you would like to add?
I usually "save as" 2x/Sim week. Since I have several previous saved points to go back to, I saved as here also, which wasn't that easy with the stupid hand! I'll keep that save to investigate with Master Controller and Awesome mod later. If I find anything relevant, I'll edit this post (See part in Italic).
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 6:52 PM
The Sims 3, The Sims 3 World Adventures, The Sims 3 Ambitions, The Sims 3 Late Night.

Game version 6.2.4.010001

One Sim

They had an empty green icon that I wasn't able to click on, but after I saved, there was no icon.

I don't think so.

They were returning home from a trip.

7. How many traveling?
All 3 of members of my household were returning.

8. How are all travellers related?
I had a husband, (the missing one) a wife, and the wife's simbot.

9. Which country are the sims in?
They were returning from Al Simhara.

10. How many days?
It was a five day trip.

11. Did the sim(s) return via the phone prematurely or only when the vacation was over?
They used the phone to return about two hours early.

12. Returning together or separate?
I thought I made them return all together, but it's possible that the husband got left behind.

No...

14. Are you using EA Story Progression, Twallan's Story Progression, or Awesome Story?
No.

15. When did the issue start? About two days ago for me, for my Sims it was immediately after they were returning from their trip.

Nothing.

Saving and reloading the game several times.

18. What worked?
At first I tried to make my sim show up in his empty green box by saving and reloading, but all that did was make his icon go away completely. So pretty much, nothing.

19. What didn't work?
Saving and reloading.

20. Anything else you would like to add?[/pre]
I'm not sure if my Sim got left behind in Al Simhara or what, because he's still in my other Sims' relationship panel, but I can't call him to chat, or call him home or anything.
Test Subject
#128 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 6:16 PM
All: The Sims 3, Ambitions, Barnacle Bay, Fast Lane Stuff, Generations, High-End Loft Stuff, Town Life Stuff, World Adventures
My whole family (7sims), my game even says there is no household in my place
no
My game freezes sometimes, but I changed my graphics and it's better now
Yes
7. How many traveling?
one person
my main sim, without her kid or husband
France
10. How many days?
8 days
11. Did the sim(s) return via the phone prematurely or only when the vacation was over?
via phone
she was alone, so..
Don't know what that is, I suppose no..
Don't know what that is either so no
When she returned home, I saved & quited my game, I started it up today and all my sims are gone, but my save game still shows my house & household
My main sim was traveling home, the others were eating or talking or so..
I quited my save game 10 times and started it up again
18. What worked?
Nothing
19. What didn't work?
Everything
I'm going to try starting another save game in the same city and see if they are still friends with the other household, if they're not I hope someone can find a solution, because I do not feel like starting all over again with the celebrity points, the visa levels, skills etc...
Test Subject
#129 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 5:04 PM
1. Which game(s) do you have? all of them, including town life stuff

2. What game version/patch level? manually updated all games to the latest update (1.24.3, 2.17.2, 4.10.1 etc)

3. How many sims are missing/invisible? just one, my one sim household.

4. Do they have an icon or not? The entire household disappeared from the map

5. Do you have any UI issues? none.

6. Were the sims traveling? yes, to egypt.

7. How many traveling? 1

8. How are all travellers related? N/A

9. Which country are the sims in? Egypt then back to Bridgeport

10. How many days? 3

11. Did the sim(s) return via the phone prematurely or only when the vacation was over? tried both, same results

12. Returning together or separate? N/1

13. Are you using SuperComputer or AwesomeMod? No

14. Are you using EA Story Progression, Twallan's Story Progression, or Awesome Story? EA's one

15. When did the issue start? last week

16. What were your sims doing? returning home from vacation

17. What things have you tried:
-ErrorTrap, MasterController, Overwatch,
-Playing as the sim's best friend to see him listed as "foreign friend"
-Editing the apartment and saw it unchanged, with all the stuff i bought

18. What worked? None so far.

19. What didn't work? everything listed above

Lab Assistant
#130 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 11:52 PM
Base/WA/HELS/AMB/FLS/LN/OL/GEN/TLS
1.24/2.17/3.13/4.10/5.8/6.2/7.3/8.0/9.0
All
No
Invisible
No
7. How many traveling?
10. How many days?

SC
Nraas Storyprog
As soon as I loaded a previously working save up.
Sleeping
Errortrap, resetsim, reset everything, Awesomemod, moving sims in and out, editsim, save as
18. What worked?
Save as, maybe some of the other voodoo
19. What didn't work?
Probably the voodoo
Test Subject
#131 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 11:17 PM
Base Game, WA, Amb, LN, Gen

latest - 1.24

2 - child and toddler. They are visible on the screen, but the green box with their avatar is empty

yes, but it is empty

No

No

7. How many traveling?
none

n/a

They are in their home

10. How many days?
n/a

n/a

n/a

no, I do have Twallan's debugenabler

see #13

about 2 weeks ago

Father was holding toddler daughter, Mother was talking to Child son, who just had a birthday

resetsim and reset invisible sim with the debug enabler

18. What worked?
n/a

19. What didn't work?
both of the things I tried

I contacted EA. They tried fixing everything they could. They had me uninstall and reinstall Generations. I also wound up having to reinstall my graphic driver and reformat my hard drive. Now that it is all done, I went to load the game, and the sims are still missing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#132 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by caka1812
I contacted EA. They tried fixing everything they could. They had me uninstall and reinstall Generations. I also wound up having to reinstall my graphic driver and reformat my hard drive. Now that it is all done, I went to load the game, and the sims are still missing.

Did EA tell you to reformat your hard drive?
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 3:27 PM Last edited by capricce : 23rd Aug 2011 at 3:38 PM.
All EP:s and all SP:s including Town Life.

Basegame 1.23.65, recently installed Town Life

Four of a household out of seven.

One of the icons turned green and the rest was not clickable (still grey since they were on vacation).

No

The sims that went missing were on a holiday they won, on which you can't controll them. The teenagers and a child were left at home.

7. How many traveling?
Four

They are parents (elderly) and sons/daughters (young adults)

None, they went on the holiday the game let you win, where your teens stay at home so they can have a party.

10. How many days?
They were to be gone for two days, but a popup said they were coming home one day earlier because the teens misbehaved.

A popup said they were to return earlier because the teens misbehaved, but they never showed up.

A clone (doppbelganger) of one of the young adults showed up. He was in his working clothes (fireman).

No

EA Story Progression

Last week

They were trying to go to bed but they could not stay in bed all together. One or two could go to bed, but as soon as the third went to bed they all magically flew downstairs to the kitchen again. First I thought it had something to do with the bunk beds but it didn't matter what bed they used. Then the icon of the mother turned green and after that the doppelganger turned up.

First I tried to go back to an earlier save, but that did not help - the same thing happened again. Then I tried to remove all the cc that I'd installed just before this happened but that did not help either. So now I have unistalled and reinstalled everything (except for the the cc, I hava no cc in my game now), patched all EP:s and SP:s manually to the latest patches and installed Twallan's Story Progression.

18. What worked?
Since I did not keep my family I don't know yet. I did the reinstallation just last Sunday and haven't had the time to play that much since.

19. What didn't work?
N/A

Well, the child had her birthday at the teens' party, when the others were on vacation. I got a popup about the mother (who's icon turned green), that she was happy that the child had become a teen or something. I don't know if that had something to do with it.
Test Subject
#134 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 3:33 AM Last edited by DemonBeFriender : 31st Aug 2011 at 7:09 PM. Reason: more information
WA, Late night, AMB, Generations

my two household sims, and I don't see any other sims in town either.

none at all.

it's not appearing. the only thing showing up on the screen is the town and my cursor.

one teen was in boarding school

7. How many traveling?
one

the teen was the son of the other two sims in the household.

home, Twinbrook

10. How many days?
7 days

no

N/A

no

EA story progression

earlier this evening. there was no interface/icons/interactions/sims when I started up the game, so I exited out using 'Q', didn't save, and reloaded. it loaded fine with my sims and everything working normally. I exited out and saved after playing for a while. I just started it up, had the same problem, and reloaded it again. I have tried starting the game a few times and I don't get anything.

I had just built a foundation and bought a hot tub. when I exited the game, my sims were cuddling in the hot tub right after woohoo.

like I said, at first restarting the game got my interface back, but that only worked once. I tried ctrl+shift+c and then "resetsim (my sims name)" and "resetsim *" but nothing changed.

18. What worked?
reloading the game, once.

19. What didn't work?
resetsim, and now reloading doesn't help.

this is a direct screenshot using "prt sc": http://i53.tinypic.com/dysiky.jpg
I cannot look inside my house, it is like a rabbithole, or a neighbor's house (I can't see any furniture inside and it fades when I get too close).
the trees move, so the game is obviously running and isn't frozen. I can control speed with 1, 2 and 3 and pause with 'p'.

EDIT:
I deleted the cache (CASpart, compositor, script, simcompositor) and so far it has worked every time.
Test Subject
#135 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 11:22 PM
Base game only
None are missing or invisible; but their skin has turned entirely black.
Yes.
No.
One had just returned from work; the other was at home, cooking and cleaning.
7. How many traveling?
One.
N/A
N/A
10. How many days?
N/A
Returned once work ended.
Separate.
AwesomeMod.
EA Story Progression.
A few weeks into Sim play.
Once had been returning from work; the other was cleaning and such.
17. What things have you tried?
Resetsim, reloading, deleting the caches, updating drivers, removing CC.
18. What worked?
None.
19. What didn't work?
All of the above efforts.
20. Anything else you would like to add?[/pre] No, thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#136 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 7:06 PM
For those of you encountering travel errors, I would suggest installing Traveler mod to see whether it can help you.

The mod is available via the link in my signature.

Good Luck.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#137 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 4:26 PM
base, first 3 EPs, 2 stuff packs

6.0.81.009001/1.17.60.009001

At first yes, it was green. Then dissappeared. After trying some things the icon is there, but the sim was invissible.

If that means missing menu, then yes. If not, I am not sure what you mean..

Yes.

7. How many traveling?
It was the first time, 1 travel to China.

They were 2 travelers, a married couple.

They travelled to China, they live in a neighbourhood downloaded from internet (if that mathers).

10. How many days?

prematurely, via the phone.

Separately, each made its own phone call.

What is that??

EA (if that is what I think it is)

After returning home from vacation. The icon was green, after re-entering the game it was gone and so the affecting sim.

They returned home (green icon), made a baby and then I exited because the green icon was bothering me. After re-entering the game the sim was gone.

- "resetsim" cheat - no success
- change active household - helped me get the icon back to normal and the sim back, but he was invisible
- taking the bath - he became visible again, but i figured he is the clone of the real character and the real one must be still on vacation.
- playing another family for a while - no success, he is still not home
- playing the backup save - unfortunatelly it was made after returning from vacation when the problem already occured.

18. What worked?
as mentioned above, #17

19. What didn't work?
as mentioned above, #17

fingers crossed that someone finds the solution soon
Forum Resident
#138 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 3:35 PM Last edited by Weisskreuz : 29th Sep 2011 at 5:42 PM.
Ambitions

Er, the most current...

None are invisible or missing.

No icon.

No?

7. How many traveling?
10. How many days?

Both

Twallan's

Um, when I switched to the family? I had been playing the neighborhood for a couple of (sim) days before switching to them, so I wouldn't know.

The icons never been visible.

Exiting (game, neighborhood, family)

18. What worked?
Nothing.

19. What didn't work?
Everything?

Test Subject
#139 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 12:17 PM Last edited by cenovis : 4th Oct 2011 at 9:16 AM.

WA, Ambitions, and Generations.

I don't normally patch if my game is stable, which is has been for at least a month. This problem happened recently but nothing recently changed as far as patches or CC. I have very little CC to begin with since Sims 3 doesn't seem to need any help crashing and/or bugging out.

Two sims, both adults. They don't go missing unless I accept the free vacation. But even if they never leave (i.e. I decline the free vacation,) or I try to force them to reappear (by getting the neighbors to call the cops on teen party) they always suffer from UI issues described in question 5 after I receive the asking dialog.

They always have an icon, greyed out (still away on free vacation,) if they go missing. Of the times I've tried to trigger them to return (i.e. throwing a teen party/getting the neighbors to call the cops) the second adult in the list's icon goes missing and only an empty green box remains.

The adults lose their all of their social interactions. They can still interact with objects. What's more, other sims (their children) can still interact with them.

This happens every time I get the "free vacation" dialog, whether I accept or decline, whether they stay or leave.

7. How many traveling?

Two.

Husband and wife.

Sunset Valley to "free vacation" rabbit hole.

10. How many days?

Two.

One goes missing if I force them to return using a teen party. If I do not force them to return, they will both reappear as normal except, in either situation, both adults lose the ability to do any social interaction.

Together.

I use NRAAS Master Controller.

I use NRAAS Story Progression.

When the dialog for "free vacation" popped up.

All variety of things. I've gone through this about 6 times trying to avoid it.

I have tried moving the family off the residential lot, sending them on vacation immediately preceding the dialog, and even playing another household. The latter action seemed to work, but when I returned to my original family, everyone in the family's interactions were bugged. They would start an action, but then suddenly be reset in the middle of it. Actions would suddenly get dropped from their queue's. Sometimes they could complete certain actions, like "walk here" or "silly face" but others they could never complete, like "throw party." Whether you could actually get enough time to complete an action or not before it reset seemed to be random.

All other family's in the neighborhood, as far as I could tell, were normal. Only this one family in particular gets shafted with this bug.

18. What worked?

Edit Oct 3: Figured out a way around it.

I had saved a few sim days before the bug occurred, Tuesday, and the bug always happened on Thursday afternoon. So before the bug could occur, I packaged up the house and family, then evicted the current family and bulldozed the lot, and then placed the packaged family and house in its place. The evicted family I deleted which meant that I did lose relationships with all my relatives/friends in the neighborhood, but this seemed to stop the bug from happening. I still got the dialog to go on a free vacation on Thursday, but when I clicked decline this time, my adult sims did not lose the ability to do social interactions.

19. What didn't work?
  • Hitting decline on the free vacation dialog box.
  • ResetSim.
  • Moving affected adults out, then back in.
  • Moving the entire family out, destroying the lot, and placing a new one (hangs on the lot placement stage until I have to force close the game.)
  • Playing a different family when the "free vacation" dialog is scheduled to pop up.
  • Removing CC.
  • Forcing them to age transition with Master Controller.

My computer exceeds the recommended spec, it's definitely nothing to do with that.
Test Subject
#140 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 1:01 PM Last edited by Arran : 8th Oct 2011 at 1:13 PM.

World Adventures
Ambitions
Late Night
Generations
High-End Loft Stuff
Fast Lane Stuff
Outdoor Living Stuff
Town Life Stuff

1.24 For PC

1 Sim wich i use the most as played Sims thusfar... (My Main Sim)

Only a green Icon without a face

No Sim Panel, nor buttons work, cant even quit by using CTRL-Shift-C > quit

YEs, it happens only when i try to travel abroad

7. How many traveling?
Tried several combinations, but allways happens when main sims is present..

Only Main Sim is working too a degree in group, rest are unselectable, and even relations/marriage is suddely gone and they are enemies (full red realtion bar)

Happens in France, China and Egypt

10. How many days?
IT starts on arival in any country

Dont get that far when bug appears

see 11

Nraas Supercomputer Mods

EA Story Progression at first, tried Twallans, same result..

As soon i go on my first vacation..

At first Daughter was at school, main Sims free from work doing nothing...

Switiching famelies, tried different destinations, Lot Reset, Sim Reset, World Reset, Used Nraas nearly every option.. As long Main sim is coming along it keeps appearing..

18. What worked?
Leaving Main Sim at home, and travel with only the Daughter works just fine, so problem seems with me with only one Sims thusfar (havent really played much further since i discovered the problem..
Any other sim seems too work, new game and travel right away works, problem seems too be on one sims so far.. Havent tested if it spreads out too other sims when i keep playing...

19. What didn't work?
Everything that includes Main Sim, resetting, cheating, Custom SP mods, Removing and adding household from the world, placing them into a other world and back, nothing seems too work as long Main Sim is included...

My household consists out of 2 Sims, Father and Teen Daughter, as long i dont travel with them too abroad, the game runs fine everything seems too work..
But as soon i travel with the father(mainsim) he becomes or invisable but playable, or becomes visible but i have no Info Panels, and scrolling is weird like camera is on focus sim..
After Reset Sim when he is invisible, he looses all his traits and clothing and a generic look is created, relations are reset too zero, and household is broken up, panels still missing..
Resetting When he is visible doesnt do anything, problem keeps persistent..
When i let him return home by Phone, things gets back too normal, panels are back...

I havent encountered this before with other households, but i do get often in China that the game keeps freezing for a few seconds then Unfreezes again.
A resetSim * fixes it for a couple of minutes and then it seems too return again, thus i have too keep using ResetSim * too keep China playable...
It doesnt seem too occur in France and Egypt...

Now that i think of it, i have been trying too Impregnate several female Sims with my FatherSim, making the females cheat on their Husbands, but i never was able too ever inpregante any sim with him, not even after his Fertality Reward added.. He allmost seems sterilized..
Even used Nraas cheat too add Fertility on his "victims" so both are very Fertile, but nothing happens, even after 10 attempts in a row to make a baby..
(yes my FatherSim can be very pursuave too the other Sexe ) nothing happens..
While the daughter i have too keep a close eye on, she gets pregnant allmost allready on her first date without me even looking (yes i use the Teen Pregancy Mod, and autonomic Teen Woohoo)..
Test Subject
#141 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 7:02 AM Last edited by AnneFrank : 9th Oct 2011 at 8:54 PM.
WA, Outdoor, Generations, Ambitions, High End Loft, Late Night
1.24 patched.
I don't think so? I can't select him or do anything with him. I can command him until I unclick him. He doesn't do the commands. He just stands there talking to an invisible person for a while.
No
7. How many traveling?

10. How many days?

No.
EA.
Maybe today or yesterday. He wasn't even in my active household. I moved him out, played with my active household, never played him, and then stopped being able to communicate with him due to "work" all the time. Changed active household to his, and realized, he's gone. I moved him and then he re-appeared and i had to re-build relationships and etc.

Then I went to theatre to get his band together to perform (to build relationships back up with them) and then he got stuck. Couldn't select anybody, couldn't do anything, and I saved...
In front of the threatre having just put his portable Piano back in his inventory (the selection issues started before that.
Reset sim. Moving. Evicting. Splitting household.
18. What worked?
For him going missing, moving helped.

Nothing is fixing this issue with him being stuck.

[Edit]: Praise Jesus (or in this case Twallan.) I downloaded Master Controller and Overwatch and none of the things helped. Downloaded ErrorTrap and Debug Enabler, and it just worked. Didn't do a thing. 9pm in the game, loaded the save file, and all was fixed and heavenly.
19. What didn't work?
Reset Sim. Moveobjects on. Moving. Evicting. Splitting household. Removing all CC/mods. My backup file isn't far off from the incident (1 minute apart real world.) Master Controller & Overwatch.
Removing all CC/mods basically creates a clone in his place, and when moving him in Build/Buy he's labeled as "Sim" with a black ball as a portrait unlike the rest of the people. He becomes a random NPC with a random name, one was a tattoo artist. I could communicate with him, and the first time I loaded it, he went from the theatre to go to a random empty house and disapear.

Putting the mods back in allows me to have his icon and to attempt to figure things out from there. I was using a Non-Autonomous Romance Mod which allowed same sex Try For Baby. This Sim was created by my Sims through opposite sex Try for Baby along with his Twin (who is functional, same sex children.) That's all I can say really.

[Edit]: It's fine... for now :P
Test Subject
#142 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 1:50 AM
All expansions up to Town Life Stuff

No

No

No

7. How many traveling?
N/A

N/A

N/A

10. How many days?
N/A

N/A

N/A

No

EA I think

Don't remember, I merely saved and exited, then reloaded at a later date and the sims was missing

reloading, deleting cache files.

18. What worked?
Nothing yet

19. What didn't work?
N/A

The sim appears in the other sims relationships tab, also he still appears on the family photo of the loading menu
Test Subject
#143 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 8:02 AM
Everything up to Town Life Stuff (no Pets).

1.24 (avoiding 1.26 due to possible conflicts with mods)

At least 5, probably many more throughout my neighborhood.

No

No

N/A

7. How many traveling?
N/A

N/A

N/A

10. How many days?
N/A

N/A

N/A

Using both MasterController and AwesomeMod

Awesome Story

I used Twallan's Porter and tried to start fresh in a new town. Played for a few hours, doing Save As 5 times. Next day, I tried loading Save #5, 4, & 3 - they all had invisible Sims. Save #2 had no issues.

Pretty much nothing, because before saving, I always did "resetSim *".

DebugEnabler Fix Invisible Sims, fixall, ErrorTrap, Overwatch, deleting cache, travelling

18. What worked?
Travelling worked (Twallan's mods probably helped). However, my 5 Sims had random clothing, hair, and eyebrows; no makeup; some had their body/muscle sliders randomized; one had their genetics completely randomized.

19. What didn't work?
I'm not sure if "Fix Invisible Sims" is supposed to give an immediate result in the current household or not. Whenever I've tried it, I get messages in the upper right saying X number of outfits have been recovered, usually a lot of them (for townies and others in my neighborhood) but it never recovers for my immediate household before my eyes.

While I'm glad that with the mods I use plus traveling I can get my Sims back, it's becoming very tiresome having to redo all of their clothing, makeup, sliders, and sometimes complete looks over and over again. I may have to give up on this game soon

I'm wondering if someone can help with this - is there some way to copy another Sim's appearance into an existing Sim? What I mean is - if I have to live with re-editing my Sims every time I do Fix Invisible Sims, can I at least make that easier by copying what I know my Sims should look like into my randomized Sim?

One thing I noticed is that using the "Edit In Cas" cheat/mod, there is no option to pick from the premade/saved Sims list like there is when creating a brand new Sim. Why is that? That would help with the process above.

Thanks!
Quanli
Test Subject
#144 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 2:38 AM
  1. Base game, Ambitions, Late Night.
  2. 1.26
  3. 3 sims in my active household disappeared.
  4. They have icons, but no plumbobs.
  5. No travelling.
  6. -
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. No mods.
  13. EA story progression.
  14. The problem started on Nov 3 2011.
  15. One sim was playing for tips in the LN subway. The other two sims were gardening at home.
  16. I tried resetsim and reloading.
  17. Changing active households made them visible again.
    However, after changing households the unpaid bills in the mail disappeared.
    Since the bills disappeared, they could not be paid despite plenty of available funds. A repoman took a digital fishtank.
    When I attempted to replace the fishtank, the game froze my computer.
    After restarting the computer, the savegame gave an error message when attempting to load.
    After clearing the cache I was able to load an older save file.
  18. Reset sim did not work. Reloading a backup gave error messages when trying to load the savefile.
Quote: Originally posted by werismyki
7. How many traveling?
10. How many days?
18. What worked?
19. What didn't work?
Test Subject
#145 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 11:55 PM
1. Which game(s) do you have? Base Game, World Adventures.
2. What game version/patch level? Patch lvl: 1.24 When problem started. 1.26 currently.
3. How many sims are missing/invisible? One; I have only one.
4. Do they have an icon or not? No.
5. Do you have any UI issues? Yes, its completely gone.
6. Were the sims traveling? Yes.
7. How many traveling? One.
8. How are all travellers related? There was only one.
9. Which country are the sims in? Problem started when my sim arrived in China, then just the icon was missing.
10. How many days? It started on arrival.
11. Did the sim(s) return via the phone prematurely or only when the vacation was over? I sent my sim home using the cellphone immediately when I first noticed the icon missing, and when I arrived home, everything was fine, but the sims wouldn't change their clothes for activites like going to bed or taking a bath.
12. Returning together or separate? Only have one.
13. Are you using SuperComputer or AwesomeMod? I was using Mastercontroller at the time when the sim icon first disappeared
14. Are you using EA Story Progression, Twallan's Story Progression, or Awesome Story? I believe I'm using EA story progression.
15. When did the issue start? Yesterday, when I arrived in China after having installed Mastercontroller a couple hours before.
16. What were your sims doing? No idea, there was no icon, so I couldn't find my sim.
17. What things have you tried? I have tried deleting Mastercontroller, updating my game, I tried deleting all files modified from the day the problem started and today, but when I did that my sim and house were missing and an error message popped up when I tried loading the file from the world/game selection.
18. What worked? Nothing.
19. What didn't work? Everything.
20. Anything else you would like to add?[/pre] When the problem first started yesterday, I had patch 1.24 and I was using Mastercontroller for the first time. I traveled to China with my single sim, and noticed my sim's icon was missing, though I cold still click on things and perform actions. I used my cellphone to go home, and when I arrived, my icon was back and everything worked fine, however I tried making my sim take a bath and they entered the bath with the clothes on that they were already wearing. I saved the game, quit, and went to bed. Today, I opened the game again to the game selection menu, and on the icon where it shows you your sim, there was no one there but a dotted outline of a family, like nothing had been created, but my sim's last name was present next to the icon and my house was also visible. I loaded the game anyway to find my entire user interface gone, along with my sims icon. I couldn't find my sim or change my floor, nor could I click on anything. The cheats menu worked, and I also could get notifications like there was a 30% off sale at the supermarket. I quit without saving and deleted Mastercontroller from the EA folder, as I believe this is what caused the problem, but the game remained unchanged even with Mastercontroller gone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Test Subject
#146 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 11:33 AM
1. Base game only.
2. Version: 1.0.615.00107 (old, I know, but I prefer it that way).
3. One Sim is missing.
4. They do not have an icon in the portrait panel.
5. No other 'user interface' issues - some gameplay issues.
6 - 12: No Sims were travelling. (Recall: I don't have World Adventures.)
13 & 14: No mods or custom content is installed.
15. A few days ago (in the real world).

16- 19:

A baby Sim was having a birthday part when the parent holding her died. (Somehow, she caught fire from the cake...) The mother glitched: she stayed in place for a few in-game hours, with the fire animation on and the 'expire' action being added to and canceled from her queue rapidly. Eventually I used resetsim on her. She died normally, but the daughter she was holding became 'invisible'.

Her icon was still in the portrait panel, but blank. Clicking it showed her location as the floor just inside the front door.

I tried the FAQ here, deleted my cache files, made sure I had no mods installed and tried moving houses. None of these worked. Moving made it worse.

Her icon disappeared altogether. She still appears in her family's relationships panel, family tree and portrait when I start the game as a living member of the household. But, she does not appear to be aging. She's still a baby while her twin is a child.

20. Additionally: the dead have been acting weird. I've been getting notices that so-and-so is getting older and won't be around much longer, when so-and-so is already dead.

Uh... help?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#147 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 1:15 PM
kubuntukonquerer, that version is not a retail version. You should buy the discs and then update the game to the latest version.
Test Subject
#148 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 2:02 AM
sims3 Pets
First, only 1. Then I tried evicting household/moving back in, and now 2 sims, and 2 pets are invisible
For the First, no. Only a green square. Then, no squares/icons at all once other sims were affected
no
no
7. How many traveling?
no
n/a
10. How many days?

no
no
jan 2, 2012. After loading a saved game.
sleeping. The first sim just stayed in bed sleeping, but i couldnt select him and no one could interact with him.
resetSim: nothing changed at all
deleted the bed, but the "zzzzz" of sleeping were still there and sim body disappeared
evict/move in, but then no sim could be selected. remaining 1 sim and 2 pets were visible
evict/move in after demolishing lot: same result
quit without saving then reload: no household sims/pets visible. on the "choose a game" screen, there's a dotted outline of a family and a dotted outline of a house, instead of a picture of my sims/house
18. What worked?
nothing. It all got worse after each try
19. What didn't work?
resetSim didnt work.
Test Subject
#149 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 9:10 PM Last edited by curlz22 : 13th Feb 2012 at 9:35 PM.
Default same problem
ambitions, late night, generations, pets
no
it's gone
no
7. How many traveling?
N/A
N/A
N/A
10. How many days?
N/A
N/A
N/A
awesomemod
awesome
few days ago, only happened once, don't remember doing anything different. I'd played with all my cc and awesome for about a week and it was fine until this and the game suddenly crashed. when i started it back up again the UI was gone and so was my Sim.
the mother (who disappeared) was at work and i believe the daughter was just leaving school
resetsim. keyboard shortcuts. everything from this page: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._3_Game_Problem . Also Twallan's master controller and debug enabler were ineffective. error trap. I also tried restoring backups.
18. What worked?
nothing, expect error trap brought back my missing sim and then gave many error trap messages then suddenly asked if i wanted to save before continuing and brought me to the edit town, when i reselected my family, I'm to click things now and make my Sims do things. HOWEVER I still have no UI.
19. What didn't work?
^
I started a new game in a different neighbourhood and there was no problems there. Also,
I've got windows 7 and my processor is 2.20GHz and the recommendation is 2.4, not sure if that's a problem.

If anyone can help that'd be much appreciated.
Test Subject
#150 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 1:39 AM
Base game, world adventures, ambitions, latenight, generations, pets, plus most of the stuff packs

Any new family I make go invisible after the third day. Every person in the family. I have also noticed that the townies start to become invisible first.

At first they have an icon but that disappears after a few minutes.

I have no clue what UI means.

the first time yes but not since

7. How many traveling?
4 adults it was the free two day trip but they didn't come home. THe teen that was left at home went invisible first.

no

I don't really know

10. How many days?
infinite.

never turned

as above

I have overwatch installed, I couldn't find supercomputer

EA Story Progression, Twallan's crashed my game (I am thinking it took too much space.).

This issue first started when I was editing the townhouse in Latenight. I unhid the rooms and made it into a house. After that the game I was playing wouldn't switch from edit town to play mode. I had to cancel the game but after that whenever I tried to start a family they disappear. I don't want to open any of my old families in fear they will disappear also. At this time I also downloaded sims from the exchange but I have deleted most of the items and the sims.

The teen was having a party in her house while the adults were on a free vaca.

I installed Twallan's Overwatch and debugging. I also have deleted any game and any sim that has become invisible. I am currently playing a household in which the sims were made over a year ago but are placed in a newer town. I did notice two townies my sims passed were invisible.

18. What worked?
Any sim that becomes invisible has never been seen again.

19. What didn't work?
Everything.

I guess the simple fact is I must have a bug and I need to find a way to fix it. I can't play because as soon as I start really playing the game my household becomes invisible. It always happens by the third day. I have lost 5 different households in the last 4 weeks and it is very tiring.
Page 6 of 8