Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 7:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures
Default Crashes on CC Click
So i downloaded some CC some packages and sims3pack the packages work fine albeit its not how most people/guides say the my documents, i went into the install folder bin of EP1 and put mods folder there and it works fine, but the thing is the sims3pack does install but when i click it in game buy mode it crashes my game but only stuff from sim3packs also the pack says only need base game where i have WA, attatched is the sims3pack that crashes all of them that cause a crash i am running a low patch level though 2.0.86.002002 im currently waiting on every EP once i get them ill patch up

EDIT: I downloaded it from TSR everything so far from MTS works though just i like this bed and decor
Attached files:
File Type: zip  1153529.zip (2.85 MB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 8:53 AM
Are the Sims3Packs all from one creator? Have you asked the creator about it? Are they all in the same Buy/Build mode category, or scattered across various categories?

I'll schedule some time to test them just because I wanna know why and how they are broken.
But if you only have issues with this set and not others, then it is a quick and easy decision, no? Discard them! They are not worth having if the game is crashing...
I'm not going to support them and fix them so they don't crash people's games. The creator(s) should take responsibility for things like that. And we also have a "creators support their own work" policy on MTS, so my testing them is just for my own curiosity. If I think it would be news the community would benefit from, then I'd share my findings...but, you should not expect that there'd be any outcome from my having downloaded them.

TL;DR? Disclaimer: any download counts does not mean people would help fix others' issues if it is isolated to one creator, on one site, using one tool.

And for your package installing in Program Files path, ie the "old" way? I'd suggest you patch up and conform to the "new" standard method as we can't help if you're mixing and matching the 2 methods as that would create chaos. Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files/Old Way to New Waywiki

You don't need to have the EP, in order to patch up anymore. Just if you have add-ons, it needs be on the same row as the base game as shown in Game Help:Patch_Tablewiki, at the minimum. Say you have Ambitions, the games need to be patch at the minimum to 1.22, but you can still patch to 1.42 even though you don't have Ambitions at all.