Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 2:38 PM Last edited by SimsMatthew : 3rd Aug 2014 at 12:45 PM.
Retuned "Improved Gift Giving" Mod
*** FIXED ISSUE! Please redownload! Thanks ***

Hi everyone. After asking permission from Spamaccount to upload a modified version of his "Improved Gift Giving" mod, I decided to give back to the community and release this mod - introducing Simsmatthew's "Gift System Overhaul"!

Here's a list of changes:
1. In the XML file, the game reads the ProductVersion of the object to see if it matches with the item. In the original mod, there were some mistakes, causing the "****failureobject" problem. I tried my best to go over the list to eliminate such.

2. Previously people who miss objects from some EPs reported "****failureobject" problem. EPs now required are: WA, AMB, LN, GEN, PETS, SEAS (obviously), UNI. No SPs required.

3. Removed possibly glitchy objects, such as the Spooky Day Candy (probably uneligible for placement in Family Inventory as a gift).

4. Changed trait-based gifts to have a same priority as age-based gifts. In the original file, age-based gifts have a chance of 0.9, meaning trait-based gifts existed pointlessly. Now, both age-based and trait-based gifts have the same chance of 0.85, so that generic gifts are less likely. An outdoor-loving teen is just as likely to receive a tent as a teenager's bulletin board. Reduced bad gift chance to 0.1 instead of 0.15.

5. Edited the list of Gift Items. There are things taken in and out. Some are due to the items' rarity or likeliness as a gift. For example, Hydrophobic Sims now receive a deco life preserver instead of a shower-in-a-can. Brave Sims no longer get any specific trait-based gift (previously they will receive a Liquid Courage potion for their Brave trait).

Now, one couldn't do much without the whole Simming community... Please help me out by testing the mod. There are things to note though.

DO...
- Report if you encounter "****failureobject". Please state the recipient Sim's traits and age.
- Report if you haven't seen "****failureobject" after few tests that you find enough.
- If you are a modder, or can read the XML inside the package file, and compare the Object IDs with those in S3OC to identify what the objects are in-game, please tell me if you find some that seldom / never appear in real gift giving parties in game. (Except generic gifts)
- Give me ideas on trait-based gifts / age-based gifts. Note that they aren't necessarily accepted as I would probably add in them as I like, I'm sorry. Would credit you, of course.

DO NOT...
- Ask me to add in items not from the aforementioned EPs or any SPs.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Simsmatthew Gift Overhaul NEW.zip (4.5 KB, 94 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 2:31 AM
it's great to see another mod from you! i'm going to start testing asap
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 4:07 AM Last edited by SimsMatthew : 3rd Aug 2014 at 12:46 PM.
Thanks Christmas Fear!
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 4:20 AM
Hi, is there anyone that is interested in the mod??? I believe my documentation on the mod is clear enough...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 7:44 PM Last edited by christmas fear : 3rd Aug 2014 at 10:35 PM.
i'm still interested! sorry i haven't had a lot of time, but i'm about to go in game and test this out a bit for you now.

edit~ just finished testing. i really like how a childish sim got a teddy bear and an elder sim got a cane. there were a couple telescopes and easels. i think virtuoso sims should get musical instruments, artistic/avant garde sims get easels and paintings, and children + childish sims get toys, plants for green thumb sims, maybe cameras for photographers, workaholics can get laptops (for working at home) and rebellious sims get the street art set/other related items to 'rebellion'. that's all i can think of for now.

oh, and i didn't see any missing objects. it's working well.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 10:29 AM
Your suggestions are pretty much covered. Did you have Sims with those traits to try the mod out?
And, my new mod addresses some issues so you should redownload to see if it's working better>

Thanks so much
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 4:37 AM
you're welcome some of them did have the traits, such as the childish one. i'm testing in sunset valley because i know the sims pretty well, like their traits and stuff. i'll redownload and do more testing. most of the suggestions were just ones that i was using common sense for.