Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 14th May 2012 at 1:23 AM
Oh wow, I want to do it, but I'm scared! D:
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 14th May 2012 at 2:19 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 14th May 2012 at 10:26 AM.
This sounds like an interesting challenge. I’ve had teens living by themselves so kids shouldn’t be too much harder I don’t think. I'll give this a go later.
I have a double aging mod and harder grades so mine will last 15 days.

I made mine a little differently in that I made a couple and gave them children with the dummy (paci) in CAS and moved the Dad out. Poor Dad I kind of forgot to change his clothes or give him a name...he's named F Thought I would try six kids. I don't think this could be harder then the Toddler mania challenge with an adult, nanny and 7 toddlers.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 14th May 2012 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
This sounds like an interesting challenge. I’ve had teens living by themselves so kids shouldn’t be too much harder I don’t think. I'll give this a go later.
I have a double aging mod and harder grades so mine will last 15 days.

I made mine a little differently in that I made a couple and gave them children with the dummy (paci) in CAS and moved the Dad out. Poor Dad I kind of forgot to change his clothes or give him a name...he's named F Thought I would try six kids. I don't think this could be harder then the Toddler mania challenge with an adult, nanny and 7 toddlers.

Aww, such a nice family! Good luck
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 15th May 2012 at 1:47 AM
Nothing has been said about the free computer, the FT perks or private school. I deleted the unopened computer and have been ticking the kid’s perks as they earned them. I'm on the third day now and will try for private school. The house is rather large and fancy as I built it as a request and had it sitting there. The bills are over a thousand so goodness knows what the repo man will take when he comes.
I've had that sleep chamber forever but never used it before. Lol mum got naked to go to sleep in there. So far I've been having the kids do as much fishing and block play as possible to make sure they are all friends so they can play red hands with each other. Red hands is the quickest way to raise fun. A little bit of baking, but I mostly let the school feed them.
Mum is Margaret after Margaret Mead and all the kids are named after science and scientists as well. The boys are Atom, Galileo and Isaac. The girls are Marie, Rosalind and Charlotte.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 15th May 2012 at 4:11 AM
This looks like fun!

Would having the parent meditate instead of using the hibernation chamber work too?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 15th May 2012 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lorinsv60
This looks like fun!

Would having the parent meditate instead of using the hibernation chamber work too?

To be honest, I've almost never used the meditate interaction, so I am not sure that kids wishing to talk to their parent would not interrupt the meditation
So if the parent would NOT stop meditating each time someone is distracting them, it is OK.
Banned
#32 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 4:26 PM
james dean
Instructor
#33 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jacknewall
james dean

Where's the "Huh?" button?
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 6:21 PM
haha I'm trying this with 7 kids
all different personalities
and i have the no social worker hack, do i have to take it out?
Test Subject
#35 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rosalinarocks232
Also, I found a glitch where the kid's mum got up off of the hibernation thing and wet herself. o.o
I wonder if that's meant to happen. :3!
*Rushes to comments*

OMG that happened to me too!
Scholar
#36 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 8:08 PM
This looks very interesting. Only, I can't install the mod as "The creator has not logged in to MTS for some time".
Should I download the mod? Or should I play without it? (Build a wall around the parent and only give them the essentials to survive)
Test Subject
#37 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
This looks very interesting. Only, I can't install the mod as "The creator has not logged in to MTS for some time".
Should I download the mod? Or should I play without it? (Build a wall around the parent and only give them the essentials to survive)

I'm going to try it that way too. Build a wall around the parent, give them a fridge, counter, toilet, shower and bed (maybe be a bookcase. Then leave them with no door. :>D
Test Subject
#38 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 6:02 PM Last edited by Madea : 16th Sep 2014 at 7:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Madea
I'm going to try it that way too. Build a wall around the parent, give them a fridge, counter, toilet, shower and bed (maybe be a bookcase. Then leave them with no door. :>D

Okay I did it. I put mom in a room with no door, fridge, bathroom etc and the kids in the rest of the house. It was easier than I thought. I built a modest house on a 2x2 lot, four kids, mid to low level furniture. I did give them the kids stove, and basic skilling items. I only had one that sank into the red. She was an active outgoing sim who wasn't having fun sitting in front of the tv to learn cooking. Her fun was real low so she wouldn't finish her homework. But even with that she only got down to a B+. I started having her jump rope and she got better.

Mom was too funny, I gave her the Humble computer so it could look like she was working. She broke it, tried to fix it and set it on fire. She managed to put the fire out and tinkered on the shower to build up her skills. The second time she tried she just electrocuted herself. lol No fire. All the kids managed to get in platinum just before aging up to teenage.

The repo man came twice and gave mom bad memories. He took a counter, toilet and the toy box which I replaced. I forgot kids get money with the telescope by finding planets, star etc.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 2:17 AM Last edited by grammapat : 17th Sep 2014 at 2:30 AM.
If the only point of having Mom "locked up" is to keep the kids from being taken by social worker, is it OK to have the "no social worker" hack? After all, I AM watching them!

Can I replace things the burgler took? Can we have more than 7 kids? More kids means more fishing and painting = more money, but I wonder if they would use more than they could earn. With only 1 little oven (which doesn't fill a kid up, anyway) it seems like they would all be near-starvation all the time. But at least they wouldn't mind the mess.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#40 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
If the only point of having Mom "locked up" is to keep the kids from being taken by social worker, is it OK to have the "no social worker" hack? After all, I AM watching them!

Can I replace things the burgler took? Can we have more than 7 kids? More kids means more fishing and painting = more money, but I wonder if they would use more than they could earn. With only 1 little oven (which doesn't fill a kid up, anyway) it seems like they would all be near-starvation all the time. But at least they wouldn't mind the mess.

I think the OP has the No social worker hack. I didn't want to install any hacks so I walled the mom up in a little room. My kids ate the muffin and no one got near starvation. They played, sleep and all except one got an A+ average. I might try it with more kids, next time. I think you could replace the stolen items with the same thing if your family has enough money. My kids made more money stargazing then they did painting, gardening or fishing. They didn't get enough fun from the fishing or gardening. Painting takes a long time to level up. I did have one or two of the kids make muffins and just leave them on the counters so they could eat them later or another kid who needed to sleep or fun up could eat. I even got a popup for each one saying they had a great week and hoped the next one would be as good. lol (or something like that)
Mad Poster
#41 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 11:41 PM
Can kids "use" the tombstone to spawn more kids? If so, would be fun to give myself points if any of them pair up (they would have to really like each other)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#42 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 8:28 PM
Only issue: I'm using the super collection and it can't download package files. If someone could make the hibernator a sims 2 pack id love it
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 1:11 AM
Feel like to point somthing out

You cannot hire Maid or Nanny. All the other service NPCs are allowed.
hmm other NPCs are allowed well the butler does all the jobs Babysit, Maid, Gardner and fix things so you tell me we can use him
he also makes food when people are hungry
Page 2 of 2