Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 8:38 PM
Default WCIF Mod To Keep NPCs Out Of The Hotel Room?
It bugs me that when my Sims go on vacation, every NPC and their dog (well not really their dogs) feel free to just walk into my Sim's hotel room and use their toilet or bath to get clean or relieve themselves. Using the Do Not Disturb sign does nothing, I think that only prevents the maid from cleaning up, and I don't really want to continuously have to make sure I clicked on the Hotel Room and picked "Lock -> Allow Household Only"

C-A
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 11:24 PM
I just hit this forum to find exactly this as I've had no luck so far. It's driving me crazy that the sink is broken, the toilet filthy, the DnD sign is worthless, relentless locking & unlocking the door keeps the room messy & in disrepair while the other guests keep wandering into the honeymoon suit to watch TV.

"Oh no, you crazy kids go ahead, me & all my friends are just gonna help ourselves to your room service, make sure that no one cleans and/or repairs your bathroom, and after your bed-time we'll watch a little T.V."

:facepalm:
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 1:27 AM
You should only have to lock the door to keep other guests out. The only NPC's there should be the check in clerk and the maid. Other sims there are BV locals and tourists townies not NPC's apart from guys like the fire dancers but they should not leave their mats. To make the maid clean you need the fix from Sim wardrobe. Sims 2>Fixes>BV Fixes>Service NPC Fixes http://www.simwardrobe.com/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 4:43 PM Last edited by KnockKnock : 30th Sep 2014 at 8:45 PM.
Excellent! Thanks for the help J&S. I think the issue in this thread is that the term "NPC" was used here when "non-playable guests" would have made things a little more clear. I've been under the impression that the non-stop activity while the door is un-locked has kept the room from being serviced, and locking the door prevents the hotel keepers from entry. I'll give these fixes a try, and hopefully it will help.

EDIT: After giving the downloads a good run, it looks like exactly what I needed. Turns out that the hotel staff can still enter & exit the room when the door is locked, but it keeps the other guests from being able to barge in. Thanks again J&S77
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 6:16 PM
Thanks for the link joandsarah. Yeah, I was referring to the guests and not the workers when I was talking about how annoying it is that they keep walking in.

C-A