Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 10:29 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 11th Feb 2014 at 4:52 AM.
Default The Zombie Apocalypse Challenge! (Update!)
I'm just trying to get this out of my head, so play this if you want, but it's poorly written.

The Beakers have done it! They reanimated Great-Great-Great-Great Grandfather, and they rejoiced. But they had a small bit of hubris, and didn't notice his hunger for Sim flesh or his immense strength though slowness. It had eventually got out, and when it's meal got away but was bitten, the next zombie was born. The disease spread, and soon Strangetown was a zombie-fest. It spread out of the neighborhood and into another, yet it was more heavily populated. This is where your family and closest friends live. So, grab some guns and protect them! Are you ready to face the dangers within?

OBJECTIVE:
Survive.

MODS NEEDED:
The 'Fight Club Hack' and the 'Zombie Apocalypse' hack, found here.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts2/index.php
(All of Pescado's hacks, he gave me permission to use this; in alphabetical order by EP)

The Assault Rifle
http://simwardrobe.com/
(TS2>Objects>Shooters>Top row, Third on the Left)

Any other working guns/swords/lightsabres

RULES
You must use a heavily populated, whether it's Maxis or not.

You must have a working gun or sword

Your Sim family must be customly made, not downloaded. It has to have a couple of any sexuality, a teen of any gender, and a child.

You must delete the tombstone of the dead zombie using moveObjects_on. This acts as a failsafe. No, this will break your game.

EPS NEEDED
University

+10 for each day you AND your family stay alive.
+10 for every zombie you kill
+100 for every successful outing (e.g. Going on a public date without getting killed)
+1000 for every living friend made.
+100 for every child born
-100 for every family member turned into a zombie
-1000 for every time you go insane (red aspiration)
-10 for every family member dying of natrual causes

SAFEHOUSE EXPANSION:
Use any means of mind control to get townies and friends to live with you to keep them alive. This is slightly harder, but I don't know; I haven't playtested it yet.

Safehouse Expansion Scores:
+10 for every townie/NPC you get inside your house until the outbreak is over
+100 if they are friends, ex lovers, or extended family
-10 for every townie/NPC that dies of zombie in your care

The game ends when either:
You kill all of the zombies, thus ending the infection (Winning)
Your main character dies (losing)

Winning Story:

I wipe the sweat off my brow as I pick up my rifle, blowing a zombie's head off. There's a ring of the dead...things all around me as I can identify them. Brandi Broke, her children, the Pleasants, my son's girlfriend Tosha. Where was he anyway? "Come and get me!" I yell, but as my family emerges from the locked house, and only survivors come toward me, it's clear. It's over. We have to rebuild society, but the power and water is out permanently and most of the stores are looted dry. More zombies could be out there, too. We have to stand together.

A good follow-up challenge is Phaenoh's Post-Apocalyptic Challenge.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 7:25 AM
Awesome idea! I really want to try this, because it sounds really cool! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simwonders
Awesome idea! I really want to try this, because it sounds really cool! Thanks!

Thanks! Post pictures of some zombie-kills, please?
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 3:37 PM
it sounds fab,soo trying it. :D.i sometimes twist challanges.and made the famikly and friends move together,they are the only nos zombies in the town(i suck at removing hacks and downloads,so i didnt get the zaombie hack,just pretended the othere sims are).Down town and other sub towns are safe places,but they have to take a car there.Maybe you could add these.Ill try to post pics
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 7:22 PM
Okay, I've added the "Fight Club Hack" and the "Zombie Apocalypse Hack" in the downloads folder, and when I went to my game and started waiting for zombies to come, but nothing happened! The sims that walked by were normal sims. Am I doing something wrong? Please let me know. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 8:31 PM
Okay, I've added the "Fight Club Hack" and the "Zombie Apocalypse Hack" in the downloads folder, and when I went to my game and started waiting for zombies to come, but nothing happened! The sims that walked by were normal sims. Am I doing something wrong? Please let me know. Thanks.

Yes. You have to create a zombie, either using the SimTransformer or of normal means.
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mackieG13
Yes. You have to create a zombie, either using the SimTransformer or of normal means.

Oh! Now I understand! Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 7:58 PM
Oh! Now I understand! Thanks again!

No problem. Be sure to let me check out some pictures.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 12:44 AM
Update Bump
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladygagasimsfan
it sounds fab,soo trying it. :D.i sometimes twist challanges.and made the famikly and friends move together,they are the only nos zombies in the town(i suck at removing hacks and downloads,so i didnt get the zaombie hack,just pretended the othere sims are).Down town and other sub towns are safe places,but they have to take a car there.Maybe you could add these.Ill try to post pics

That would be impossible, as the infection would spread to Downtownies etc. and it wouldn't be wise.
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 4:27 PM
I can't get any weapons on sims waredrobe to work. They just pick it up and put back down, Is there any other way opf killing zombies?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kennyrave
I can't get any weapons on sims waredrobe to work. They just pick it up and put back down, Is there any other way opf killing zombies?

Yeah...search 'sword' on here, and I think it works, and also I think you can ask the chick who did the Zombification movie for her working handguns.
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mackieG13
Yeah...search 'sword' on here, and I think it works, and also I think you can ask the chick who did the Zombification movie for her working handguns.

thanks :L I've been working on a virus/zombie movie for a while but it got stoiped bacuse I couldn't find weapons,
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 12:26 AM
So...Get to posting pictures!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 4:13 AM Last edited by dustingdustin : 28th Sep 2011 at 4:27 AM.
I called my story The Town of Fall. Fall is the site a huge Zombie Outbreak. I turned every NPC I could into a zombie as I played. I made a crap load of recolors and retextures of post apocalyptic outfits for my survivors.

After establishing their regular lives, I holed my survivors up in a trashed Walmart. I still need to get some pictures of the rest of them.

I actually played all of this out. The amount of work I did on these characters was crazy. Three, a man and 2 women, were former Police who saw their Police station taken down when they bring in an infected criminal. Another was a family man who lost his wife and child in the initial outbreak. I moved them into the Walmart where a former soldier was holed up after the failed attack on the Zombies there where he was the lone survivor. And then there were two, a brother and sister whose father was bitten and they had to kill.

I added some Raiders to cause them problems on the side.

The former soldier caused problems in the group, and they locked him outside. Apparently, he became infected when I wasn't paying attention and I let him back in. He turned so I locked him in a room and moved the others out into a busted up school. At some point one of them became pregnant, and she just had a baby. Right now, they're surviving in the school. I'll get some pics next time I play. I wish I had documented this stuff as I played it. It's been epic.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dustingdustin
I called my story The Town of Fall. Fall is the site a huge Zombie Outbreak. I turned every NPC I could into a zombie as I played. I made a crap load of recolors and retextures of post apocalyptic outfits for my survivors.

After establishing their regular lives, I holed my survivors up in a trashed Walmart. I still need to get some pictures of the rest of them.

I actually played all of this out. The amount of work I did on these characters was crazy. Three, a man and 2 women, were former Police who saw their Police station taken down when they bring in an infected criminal. Another was a family man who lost his wife and child in the initial outbreak. I moved them into the Walmart where a former soldier was holed up after the failed attack on the Zombies there where he was the lone survivor. And then there were two, a brother and sister whose father was bitten and they had to kill.

I added some Raiders to cause them problems on the side.

The former soldier caused problems in the group, and they locked him outside. Apparently, he became infected when I wasn't paying attention and I let him back in. He turned so I locked him in a room and moved the others out into a busted up school. At some point one of them became pregnant, and she just had a baby. Right now, they're surviving in the school. I'll get some pics next time I play. I wish I had documented this stuff as I played it. It's been epic.

Wow! That's....amazing.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 1:19 PM
My Survivors

Michael (Leader/former family man)

Alec (Former Police Officer, Muscle of the group)

Michelle (Former Police Officer)

Anna (Former Police Officer/Mother)

Ellie (Forced into Patricide)

Billy (Teenaged brother of Ellie/ Recently became an adult)

John (Former Raider who's joined the survivors)

Walmart

Fall Township High School

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dustingdustin
My Survivors

Michael (Leader/former family man)

Alec (Former Police Officer, Muscle of the group)

Michelle (Former Police Officer)

Anna (Former Police Officer/Mother)

Ellie (Forced into Patricide)

Billy (Teenaged brother of Ellie/ Recently became an adult)

John (Former Raider who's joined the survivors)

Walmart

Fall Township High School

Once again...wow. Nothing I could've even imagined. How did you even get your walls like that?...
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 1:27 PM
Various mods from here and Garden of Shadows. There are a bunch of construction mods and Fallout 3 textures and props. Definitely check it out, it's worth it!
Scholar
#20 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 2:00 PM
dusting dustin...that is ABSOLUTELY EPIC!!! I am completely blown away by your attention to detail in your buildings (Walmart especially, I spend far too much time there & will now be having a hard time NOT imagining escape routes LMAO)...
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 3:26 PM Last edited by dustingdustin : 28th Sep 2011 at 11:47 PM.
Hahaha, awesome! Thanks for the kudos, guys, I've put a lot of effort into making this stuff and it's showing no signs of slowing. My girlfriend's gotten kind of sick of it because I'm half there when we watch our favorite shows!

I actually did a bit with the John character where he refused to tow the line and tried to stop the other raiders when they went to break into a house, wiped out the family inside and left the place to burn.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 3:49 AM Last edited by dustingdustin : 1st Oct 2011 at 10:14 PM.
Okay, winter came, and I'm still trying to fix things because the youngun went outside to have a snowball fight, froze, and child services came to take him away. Need to kind of put the nix on that. When the group needs food, I usually send the Michael sim out to a community lot to fish. Winter's made that pretty rough. But I had to show this, because I just love this outfit.

The full story and updates are here for those interested: http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...&postcount=2585
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 9:53 AM
Okay, I've added the "Fight Club Hack" and the "Zombie Apocalypse Hack" in the downloads folder, and when I went to my game and started waiting for zombies to come, but nothing happened! The sims that walked by were normal sims. Am I doing something wrong?

Plus I already created a zombie and made them fight/eat brains of a few different sims in the neighbourhood. How fast will the zombie gene travel and who to so I have an idea of how long I have in the 'safe' zone before zombies start to come?

I'm using Veronaville as my neighbourhood and there is Puck Summerdream, Romeo Monty and Hermia Capp are infected, so can anybody help please? Thanks.

"In spite of everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."
-Anne Frank

"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
-Sherlock Holmes
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 4:42 AM
The story of the Survivors of Fall ends here. http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...218#post3702218
Scholar
#25 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 1:28 PM Last edited by sweetbaby160 : 17th Nov 2011 at 1:39 PM.
I HAVE to ask...where oh where did you find the "walmart" signage? or was it a lot you dl'd?? I have family who work at "wally's world" I just have to have it hahahaha

**edit** read your link very good story,
Page 1 of 2