Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 12:54 PM Last edited by Mai2008 : 28th Aug 2014 at 11:51 PM.
Default Time is ticking.
A new disease has been found, named 'Spontaneous Death'. This is because at some point, after 24 hours, you have a chance of death every day for six days. The disease has some other names such as 'Silent Invisible Ninjas' or 'I won't survive!', but the official name is definitely, possibly, maybe Spontaneous Death.

Set up:
Create one adult sim of either gender or chose a Sim from a household.
Set your funds to 20,000. Remember, this is a quick, fun challenge based on how many points you can get, so the money is really just to get you places.*coughvacationcough*

As you may have figured by my awful, awful backstory there is a chance your Sim will die at any moment. You have one day to build up skills to prepare you for the days ahead (if any!), as after the first 24 hours are up you do two things:
A) Roll a die. If you get a 1, you die. (A bit harsh, but there are ways around this later)
B) If you survive, you must stop skilling and making money immediately.
For the next five days you will now roll a die to see if you will die. If you live to day 2, rolling 1 or 2 will consequence in your Sim's death. If you live to day 3, rolling 1, 2 or 3 will consequence in your Sim's death and so on. If you live to day 6 your Sim is free! They made a cure and your Sim may live happily ever after.

Once your Sim has died or survived, every good memory will be counted for five points. Vacation memories are counted as good memories. Every bad memory will be -5 points.
Add up your scores and you're done.

Extra Challenges!

No pausing. Ever. +15 points

Only ever use one speed of your choice.
Normal speed +5
Double speed +10
Triple speed +15

Green eyed monster
Look at them all, they make you sick. All flaunting the fact that they are better than you, healthier than you... IT makes you sick. Don't you wish you could just trap them in a box of glass and watch them die? Of course you would. So do it.
+5 if you have the memory of any Sim dying.

Housebound
"Nobody has to know that this disease ever existed, so would you be a darling and die alone? Tatty-bye!" The government has decided to let you rot to save the future of the world. No visitors, no community lots, no vacation. You're on your own stuck in your house, never to take another step off your lot.
+10

Get some rest
The illness is making everything harder. You must spend 12 hours per day at minimum sleeping, napping or relaxing.
+10

Sacrifice
You don't want to die yet. You're so much more awesome than everyone else! Infact, you think you're so amazing and glorious you make a deal with the demons. If you kill somebody one day you don't have to roll the next.
-15 for each sacrifice. If you go over the 6 days you have to die anyway. Don't take it personally, but the gods hate you.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 1:08 PM
Please explain a bit more! Still though, well done!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 4:52 PM
I have a few problems.
1. It would be trivial to avoid bad memories for six days and generate good ones.
2. Probably a mistake, but why do you get five points for each Sim that dies?
3. You said there would be ways around dying on the first day later, but never provided a way to get around it.
4. Giving out infinite money is not a good idea.
5. One or two, probably three more days would be an excellent idea.
6. Six days is too short for this scoring system.

This challenge has a good concept, and a lot of work was put into it, but it has some fatal flaws (and some not-so-fatal flaws).

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 11:23 PM Last edited by Mai2008 : 28th Aug 2014 at 11:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Portaller
I have a few problems.
1. It would be trivial to avoid bad memories for six days and generate good ones.
2. Probably a mistake, but why do you get five points for each Sim that dies?
3. You said there would be ways around dying on the first day later, but never provided a way to get around it.
4. Giving out infinite money is not a good idea.
5. One or two, probably three more days would be an excellent idea.
6. Six days is too short for this scoring system.

This challenge has a good concept, and a lot of work was put into it, but it has some fatal flaws (and some not-so-fatal flaws).

Quick solution: go check out the changes made to the challenge.

1. You have a point. I'll make some changes, adding optional challenges should be fun. However, this is really more of a time limit challenge, to see how much you can do in a little amount of time then try to beat your high score.

2. Whoops! It was late when I posted this so I must've missed out some stuff. I've been working on this for a while and I was impatient to post it. My fault entirely, I'll update the post.

3. Fixed! I shouldn't have posted it the way it was, I can't believe it got approved

4. I realise this, at the time I didn't realise I should've put a limit to it. It didn't occur to me.

5. The point of the challenge is to see what you can accomplish in a strict time limit. I'm sticking to my guns on this one.
6. See 5.

Thanks for reviewing my challenge, I appreciate the feedback.

Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mai2008
Extra Challenges!

No pausing. Ever. +15 points

Not even to take pictures to show good and/or bad memories ?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xmathyx
Not even to take pictures to show good and/or bad memories ?

Nope . It should be just you and your Sim, so you should see when the memories happen in time to take a picture. If you do miss a memory print screen it with the memory section open.

Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead