Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2008 at 4:07 PM
Default Seasons- a few questions I didn't see anywhere else
When my Sims rake leaves they get the little learning bubble on thier head- it never says or shows what they are learning. Also is there a easier way to clean up leaf piles? My sims are always asking for another tree and then that turns into days of raking>compost cycles. Also how do you rotate floor tiles? They gave us the sun and turtle pool tiles but I haven't figured out how to rotate them so I can make a complete sun in the pool.
thanks for your time.

Aine
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Feb 2008 at 4:16 PM
They are gaining Cleaning skill points when they're raking leaves. And I usually have a few household members do it so it goes faster. And I *think* not sure but to rotate the floor tiles, you hold them and press the < > keys on your keyboard.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Feb 2008 at 4:53 PM
Oooo thank you about the < > I will try it. As for the raking- I didn't know it was cleaning- I kinda guessed it was something but it never maxes out when they are raking so I never knew- til now
I usually have 2 raking and 2 compost gathering- some of them complain about it, but I tell them it builds character *giggles*.
Thanks again
Scholar
#4 Old 7th Feb 2008 at 4:55 PM
LOL @ Building Character... yeah you have to have them rake a LOT to actually gain the point, but at least they're building it up!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 5:50 PM
Well, I know this thread is old, but I thought I'd add my random questions here instead of starting a new thread. I installed seasons, had it for an hour, then uninstalled it because of one aspect I couldn't stand.

Is there anyway at all to "turn off" weather visibility when my sims are inside? The snow falling made it hard to see what was going on and really bugged me.

Also, is there anyway I can synchronize all the lots in the neighborhood to be on the same day of the same season. I play each lot one sim day at a time to keep them all aging at the same rate and that sort of thing, and them being in different seasons throws a monkey wrench in that.

Lastly, is there a list anywhere of the character's "correct" DNA? I did change some myself in SimPE, but checking each person's parents can be tedious. But I don't want homogeneous sims.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
Well, I know this thread is old, but I thought I'd add my random questions here instead of starting a new thread. I installed seasons, had it for an hour, then uninstalled it because of one aspect I couldn't stand.

Is there anyway at all to "turn off" weather visibility when my sims are inside? The snow falling made it hard to see what was going on and really bugged me.

Also, is there anyway I can synchronize all the lots in the neighborhood to be on the same day of the same season. I play each lot one sim day at a time to keep them all aging at the same rate and that sort of thing, and them being in different seasons throws a monkey wrench in that.

Lastly, is there a list anywhere of the character's "correct" DNA? I did change some myself in SimPE, but checking each person's parents can be tedious. But I don't want homogeneous sims.

First thing: If they are all synhronized, they should be in the same season. When you start a new household you just might have to play until it is in the right day for that "year" the Lot Synch Timer makes keeping track easier. It has several options, one being a countdown timer. I use it to count days until "new years" I put that right in the middle of winter. Get it here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,2386.0.html

For weather effects I would suggest the lot debugger (also from MaTY). It will change the weather, there is no way currently to have it snowing/raining outside & not show.

You could use InSim to spawn look at each family tree. I think that is as close as you will get to in game DNA.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cassandra_107
First thing: If they are all synhronized, they should be in the same season. When you start a new household you just might have to play until it is in the right day for that "year"
I get that. The problem is when I start almost everyone is on a Monday, with two days left in winter. Great. But then the bin families I add are on Monday with 5 days left in winter. And one family is in Spring (not sure what day of the week). I want everyone on the same day of the week, in the same season, with the same number of days left in season. Can I do that with the already-existing neighborhood?

Quote:
the Lot Synch Timer makes keeping track easier. It has several options, one being a countdown timer. I use it to count days until "new years" I put that right in the middle of winter. Get it here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,2386.0.html
Thanks, I'll look into that and see if it does what I need.

Quote:
there is no way currently to have it snowing/raining outside & not show.
Unfortunately, that pretty much kills it for me. If I can't see what's going on, I don't enjoy playing. I play with the walls down, and half the time it looks like it's snowing inside, unless I zoom in really, really close.

I want new careers. I like the fishing. The gardening might be neat, too. I just can't handle poor visibility. I don't know, maybe I'll give it another try someday when I'm in a more patient mood.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 8:17 PM
You know, they made it so that there is a 'bubble' around the house and when the camera is inside the bubble, you don't see snow/rain falling. If that's too far zoomed in for you, well sorry, I don't know a way to make it invisible..

You should check out this aspiration reward though- I forget how it's called right now, but you can change the season and make it (stop) raining and snowing. You can also set it to a clear sky. Might be a solution to your visibility problem, although that way you don't get *any* snow and rain.. Perhaps you can let it snow at night when everyone's asleep and there's not much to see anyway, that way you could still have the pretty deep snow on the ground

You can also use that object to get everyone in synch. I use it for that. You can for example:
Extend winter for three days, in the households where you have two days. Then you'll have five days.
Even if you've three days in the beginning, you can still add three days (perhaps you can even add one day and do that twice, but memory fails) and when you're on the sixth day and it's supposed to become spring, you'll just change the season to spring.

Hmm.. I hope that made sense. You really don't want to miss out on the wonderful Seasons- they're just too cute.
Only watch the roofs when it rains, or a toddler playing in the leaves, or a Sim catching butterflies- you don't want to deny them that, really.
I hope you can make it work!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 8:41 PM
Quote:
You know, they made it so that there is a 'bubble' around the house and when the camera is inside the bubble, you don't see snow/rain falling. If that's too far zoomed in for you, well sorry, I don't know a way to make it invisible..
I didn't think I was that zoomed out. I like to be able to see all the rooms on a given floor at one time (unless the house is really big), so I can keep track of everybody. Doesn't seem excessive to me.
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone

Are you okay for hacks/mods? Because Paladin at SimWardrobe has a Seasons Weather Controller that, amongst other things can turn the weather on and on. I hate the snow falling and use it to turn off the weather. You can find it in The Sims 2 > Objects > More Objects.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 1:21 PM
Yeah, I use a few hacks and mods (and at least one of the ones I have I'll need to get a seasons versions for).