Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 8:46 PM
Am I the only one who
likes the new neighborhood? I find it rather addicting to play.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 8:55 PM
I love it. The families are crappy but I love the terrain and the neighborhood decorations. I guess it's also because there are so few families, and the ones that are there are very underdeveloped, so it's easy to make your own Sims blend in. Whereas in Pleasantview or Veronaville, I always feel like my own families don't fit in.

We are the lucky ones
Your mother's daughters, your father's sons
Don't you grow old before your time
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 11:31 AM
I love Desiderata valley. I agree with maeve.2.0, the families are not connected to others and have little or no relationships with other families. I basically deleted all the maxis families and put in my own. My only problem with it is how small it is, very frustrating!!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 12:40 PM
it is my playing hood at the moment. when i want anpother one i just reset it. but i do like the families. mùostly john mole and natasha una.
Instructor
#5 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 8:08 PM
I do like John Mole- he always wants to adopt a dog- so I get him a black lab named Molly. He's a rather fun guy- I usually set his house in black and white with silver accents and make it look artistic and studio like. I love the beach lots too- always gives me something fun to do beside junk up homes with the same stuff. Veronaville and Desterata are my top 2 I like to play.
Inventor
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 9:37 AM
I pretty much have given up on Eaxis hoods. I've spend too much time and effort on my own custom hood and sub-hoods to bother with them.

The first thing I do when getting a new expansion pack that gives a new hood; Go to the new hood, evict everyone, look at what houses/community lots I like and place them in the houses bin, delete hood.

I'd prefer playing my own sims over someone else's creation

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
I pretty much have given up on Eaxis hoods. I've spend too much time and effort on my own custom hood and sub-hoods to bother with them.

The first thing I do when getting a new expansion pack that gives a new hood; Go to the new hood, evict everyone, look at what houses/community lots I like and place them in the houses bin, delete hood.

What Axe said. I do pretty much the same thing.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 9:59 PM
i only play pleasantview and strangetown and steal the houses from riverblossom and veronaville. i can't come up with a reason for not playing them, i just don't!
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 10:02 PM
I haven't played the actual neighborhood (since I make my own), by I did do a few make-overs to the towns people living there.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 9:52 PM
I love playing the maxis sims in it. Especially Una because I made her go downtown and she got a bf. Then they got married and hes now a vampire. The Jocque family is fun too.
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin

Same here. I simply delete those junk sims and steal their housing...