Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 12:46 AM
I really don't have a favorite building style. I am really not all that creative with my own designs so I build from floor plans mostly. One of these days I am going to try to create something on my own though!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 10:30 AM
Hi there

My favourite styles to build are contemporary/modernist houses, but I'm also very fond of rustic (old and new - or preferrably a mix) houses.

I'm Danish and rounded of the Scandinavian style tradition which is quite functionalist and with "clean lines". Something else I'm into is makeshift buildings with later add-ons, etc. To me, the small "imperfections" are often what makes a lot great.

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Test Subject
#28 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 10:32 PM
I like to bulid any types of houses!But i hate Makeing objects it just is to confuseing!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 5:36 AM
Victorian! Tudor! Georgian!

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ_彡☆バンバン!

DO NOT under any circumstances upload any of my lots to the exchange!
Test Subject
#30 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 5:17 AM
Default Group Housing
Quote: Originally posted by GoldenSimmer
What types of lots have you always enjoyed building? Personally, I've always enjoyed building beach lots, since I like 5 miles from the coast. Why don't you tell us what you enjoy building, I know everyday enjoys some sort of style.

I enjoy creating group housing especially senior housing and apartment buildings. Now with the addition of Apartment Life, my options are even greater. I wish one of the resident Sims could be a Landlord though. (Unless they can and I don't know about it since I recently got the EP.) The style in which I create these buildings is reminiscent of where I grew up—within a 20 mile radius of NYC. LOL that means the periods of house styles run the range from Dutch to Modern!
Having lived along each of these rivers: Passaic, Hudson, and Esopus I selected the Briney Fjord terrain and populated each side of the "Gorge" to create "Madhattan Palisades."
Field Researcher
#31 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 9:55 AM
Madhattan Palisades ... - that sounds like a lot of fun :D

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Instructor
#32 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 1:19 PM
I love many styles but i mostly build modern...modernish homes. I also like making simple and realistic houses.
Test Subject
#33 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 11:15 PM
I like to build almost every style, but I always tend to ad a little rustic flair.
Scholar
#34 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 5:37 PM
I like to build fantasy and magic style of lots.Medieval is also very nice,sometimes victorian.I don't like to build usual homes or modern ones.They are very simple in my eyes.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 11:58 PM
I <3 victorians and gothy houses. I also have a strange obsession with porches...I usually make the porch first and build the rest of the house to suit it o.O

Oooh, what's that? *click*
Mad Poster
#36 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 8:07 AM
I love every kind of building, as long as they are playable and nice looking. Though my preference goes to "out of the box" houses of every kind of styles. I love them !
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 11:28 AM
Guardgian -- I definitely agree about playable. That is my one absolute consistent. I don't always suceed in making them playable. Some very nice 99%finished houses have been bulldozed away because they just became too much trouble to fix the playability.

I think of my style as 'anything-but-suburban', but you can even find some of those in my postings. My favorite is house is always the one I'm working on now. Once they are finished and cooled down for a day or two, I'm no longer interested in them.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Test Subject
#38 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 8:47 AM
I like a range, generally modern, posh & stylish, every room must be colour coded, and must look like a work of art.. Occasionally I'll do country & classic.

"Friends are like balloons, if you let them go you can't get them back."
Theorist
#39 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 11:26 AM
I really love old-fashioned houses, that blatantly haven't been decorated for decades. I only ever have a modern interior if it fits the family I intend to live there.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Typical
#40 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 6:17 PM
I like a house-style (basically any) that includes loads of land scaping.
Test Subject
#41 Old 11th May 2009 at 6:05 PM
I love landscaping at the moment ^^ My flowerbeds often take more time than the bathrooms in my houses. Sim bathrooms are the bane of my existence.
I make houses like the ones that I've lived in -- modern enough, but with occasional pieces of "antique" furniture ^^ And with lots of clutter.
I like to make apartments at the moment.

I spell British-ly :D
:D I :heart: Paramore.
Call me Niamh.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 14th May 2009 at 9:41 PM
I love medieval/fantasy and modern lots the most

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 17th May 2009 at 4:13 PM
Hanoism - A blend of of Hanoi traditional antique and French colonial architecture : Antique, warm, and melancholy, with moss-covered and paint-cracked walls. Beautiful. Sadly,... they're not protected by the goverment ! They are destructed, and rebuilt (they call it improving but actually they're destroying their historic qualities) how heartbroking...
Test Subject
#44 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 5:44 PM
I love building mansions on the cliffs of either a mountain, really big hill, or cliff. I'm new to building, but I can't wait to get better.
Theorist
#45 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 2:59 AM
I've never built on a hill or steep ground. It looks to hard for me

~~~The Official Nintendork Island~~~
"I cannot love you like this anymore..... Alejandro"
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 1:22 PM
Boats and houses in every style
Field Researcher
#47 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GoldenSimmer
What types of lots have you always enjoyed building? Personally, I've always enjoyed building beach lots, since I like 5 miles from the coast. Why don't you tell us what you enjoy building, I know everyday enjoys some sort of style.

I love the Modern styled homes. Building them is especially fun! In the Sims 2 it was quite difficult to build in this style without downloading a bunch of CC. But in the Sims 3 you have everything you need to build fabulous modern homes. Check mine out here at MTS:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=349769
Test Subject
#48 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 6:45 AM
Modern homes, tudor style homes (like those in Veronaville), suburban, country, ranch, cottages & townhomes are usually what you can find me building. I like them all! I tend to build what ever I am in the mood to build, which usually makes my neighborhoods look like a mess but who really cares?
Field Researcher
#49 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 3:06 PM
I like building farm houses mostly. I guess that's because I live in an area that is made up of track homes from the 50's, and our farmland is quickly being filled up with a growing population. So I stick to farm houses because it makes me feel less urban, and more rural.
Scholar
#50 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 2:45 PM
I tend to like all styles...But my fav style is Japanse or Victoran styles...I'm torn between the two

Yes My Avatar Is Of Two Guy's Kissing!What Are You Gonna Do About It?

Page 2 of 4