Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 4:17 AM
Uninstalling Bon Voyage: too many problems
I'm saying bon voyage to Bon Voyage EP. For no particular reason I went to start up the game and it won't load. I've had this problem before; did not add any new Downloads to it either. So, after a handful of issues with this EP... it's coming off! Anyone else as frustrated and "done with it" as I am?!

P.S. I'm waiting until feedback is reported regarding the Free Time EP. Although it is so tempting as it has some items I've been wanting... I'm going to wait this one out so I'm not dissapointed -possibly repeatedly fixing my game.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 4:22 AM
did you try deleting the cache files in your mydocuments/sims2 folder? that always works when my game won't load.

i'm with you on free time. i don't plan on getting it until all the bugs are worked out and patches/hacks are updated.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 4:40 AM
Default Thanks for the advice
Quote: Originally posted by mocha0030
did you try deleting the cache files in your mydocuments/sims2 folder? that always works when my game won't load.

i'm with you on free time. i don't plan on getting it until all the bugs are worked out and patches/hacks are updated.

Thanks for the advice, but I've never had too many problems with this EP and it was on my last nerve. I can live without it. I'm very happy with all the others up to and including the Seasons EP. I just hope not too many wonderful items are made with BV, cause I'll have to live without the use of them as well.
#4 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 4:58 AM
I had to do a complete reinstall the other day and I didn't reinstall BV - I can't say that I miss it either. I haven't sent my sims on vacation since a few days after I installed it, but it really just dragged my computer - after I put BV in my computer just lagged
Field Researcher
#5 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 8:40 AM
When you do uninstall it, be careful to move anything you want to keep- like custom content- to a safe location. The game will completely remove the entire 'EA Games' folder and all it's sub-folders from the 'My Documents' folder when uninstalled.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 3:06 PM
I'm sure you can live without BV, I find the Vacation side too much of a real chore, like University, and can't say its 'fun' at all, locals walking in and out of your rooms and getting in the way, a werid problem with room service sometimes, and keeping your needs up just so you help and fill in your memory map.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 3:09 PM
I agree. I have BV too, and I found too many problems with that EP. My game is always crashing and I can play for only 15-30 min.

I can´t do it anymore. Why?
#8 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 4:59 PM
If you're uninstalling it, you may as well get the securom removal tool from the EA site and uninstall that too. Unless you have one of the Stuff Packs that also has it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 11:25 PM
Thanks for reminding me about "Securom"; forgot about that. It gave me a struggle, but after removing registry entires, etc., I was able to remove BV and am back to Seasons. It works again, imagine that. Oh, and I made sure all BV objects and the like were removed from folders as well.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 4:08 AM
Man I totally wasn't paying attention, uninstalled BV last night and out went all my downloads with it. It's okay though, I kind of needed a fresh start.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 4:43 AM
I don't know whether or not to uninstall BV or not...I absolutely adore all the Far East items and activities, especially the tea table. And that's what's holding me back. ><;
Field Researcher
#12 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:35 PM
What´s "Securom"?

transmogrified
retired moderator
#13 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 11:04 PM
"That" = What?

SecuROM is a copy-protection program developed by Sony and used by EA Games to protect their most recent releases. Installing BV or H&M Fashion Stuff (and now Free Time?) also installs SecuROM on your PC. Some users have reported problems with their game and/or their system that they attribute to SecuROM. You can search the forums for more information if you are interested, but most discussion on this topic tends to devolve into a "does too cause problems/does not cause problems" stand off.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 1:14 AM
Thanks mangaroo.

#15 Old 13th May 2008 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BillySIMS139
I'm saying bon voyage to Bon Voyage EP. For no particular reason I went to start up the game and it won't load. I've had this problem before; did not add any new Downloads to it either. So, after a handful of issues with this EP... it's coming off! Anyone else as frustrated and "done with it" as I am?!

P.S. I'm waiting until feedback is reported regarding the Free Time EP. Although it is so tempting as it has some items I've been wanting... I'm going to wait this one out so I'm not dissapointed -possibly repeatedly fixing my game.

I have to say that i'm pretty sick and tired of BV too. Just too many issues... interactions drop out of que, some interactions unavailable entirely, incompatible downloads and/or hacks, and my body meshes dont work (my bodybuilders are skinny, my curvy girls aren't curvy anymore, and everybody looks the same).

Maybe I just dont have the technical knowledge to get it all working, but I'm just sick of it. :censored:
Mad Poster
#16 Old 14th May 2008 at 7:21 AM
Have any of you tried patching the game? It should help the lagging if you never used the un-official fix for the generating of BV npcs
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 14th May 2008 at 3:10 PM
Reading all of the posts here reminds me of when i had first joined here and was having issues with BV.

I had almost all of the stuff packs, and basically all of the EPs installed, EXCEPT Uni,...i can't stand that game,...even though i am thinking about reinstalling it to basically send those kiddies to college so i can get room in houses with large families...

anyhoo, off topic there...here's what i did which surprised me that it work, i dont use CC so i dont have to worry about all of that, i had uninstalled Pets, the stuff packs, and i did a disc cleanup to clear up some disc space on my hard drive. did some defraging.

then i reinstalled BV, tested it, it worked fine after i had installed FreeTime, just recently i reinstalled Pets and everything's been working fine since.

I am just worry about if i was to install Uni again if i am going to have the same issue i had the last time.

the issue basically was, i would be creating a neighborhood and it would get to a certain spot in the creation of the neighborhood and then BOOM, crashed...

i haven't had a issue lately...so things are going well..

sorry for the long post..my bad.

UPDATE ON UNI: While digging through boxes, i found it, i am reinstalling it right now...lets hope it works! i want a cow plant...darnit!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th May 2008 at 5:00 PM
patches for BV did not help
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Have any of you tried patching the game? It should help the lagging if you never used the un-official fix for the generating of BV npcs

Oh yes... tried patches for BV... still problems.

I caved and have bought FreeTime after reading as many opinions about it as possible. Sounds like this one is "safe".
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th May 2008 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ConradThe2nd
I'm sure you can live without BV, I find the Vacation side too much of a real chore, like University, and can't say its 'fun' at all, locals walking in and out of your rooms and getting in the way, a werid problem with room service sometimes, and keeping your needs up just so you help and fill in your memory map.

See, thats why I like Open for Business and Seasons so much. They don't force you to leave the 'normal' game to play them, they are completely intergrated with your sims every day lives.

I play University and BV occasionally but I end up getting bored quickly and sending my sims home.

Me addicted to the Sims? Never! You only have an addiction if you attend meetings.
#20 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 2:16 AM
Ok I'm having a problem. I took off Bon Voyage just cause I didn't really use it so I thought I'd free up some space. Well it also did the whole uninstall seasons thing and I just decided to uninstall everything and reinstall it all but Bon Voyage. Soooo I did that and finish it and it's saying I need to put in the Bon Voyage CD but its not on my computer anymore.

I have searched everywhere and the game is for sure not on my system. Whhhat can I do I'm going crazy!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 1:49 AM
Default I would put your question in a tech questin category
Quote: Originally posted by KodyBrookeSparks
Soooo I did that and finish it and it's saying I need to put in the Bon Voyage CD but its not on my computer anymore.

Try putting your question in the tech help section. I'm not an expert on that type of situation. The only thing I can think of is you may need to uninstall BV with Microsoft uninstall program that came with your PC, but that's just a guess on my part. I'm assuming you used the uninstall option that comes with the Maxis game, there is probably some remnants of the BV game still somewhere on your system causing that issue. It seems like I read this situation somewhere else in this forum, so maybe try searching using key words.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 5:43 AM
I had the same problems with BV. However, when I reinstalled it *after* installing Free Time, the problems never came back. That may be worth a try for some. (I *really* wanted the Far East CC.)