Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 1:16 PM
Default Sewing machines patterns
Hello. I just got Freetime and all is good excepting I cannot get the sewing machine to change clothing patterns. All I get for adult female is one dress. Is that normal or am I missing something?

Thanks!

P.S. If anyone else hasn't noticed the Sims.com forums is acting wacky.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 1:32 PM
AFAIK you'd need the Gold badge to be able to make clothing, when you first start you'll only be able to make potholders, just keep at it.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 3:02 PM
I have the gold badge and I am able to make the custom clothing. But when I get to the custom clothing screen I only have one option per age/gender group, I'm just wondering if that's normal and if not how to get to other options.

For example, for adult female, I only have the dress with sash. I have seen pictures of custom clothing with pants for adult females. How do I get to those?

Thanks.

Pendragon
Theorist
#4 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 4:29 PM
I think that's the way it is. Only one type, but you can choose the texture/color to go with it.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 7:04 PM
yeah, i was a little disapointed about the one pattern per age group too, but that's okay. at least they can make regular clothes too.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pendragon1980
I have the gold badge and I am able to make the custom clothing. But when I get to the custom clothing screen I only have one option per age/gender group, I'm just wondering if that's normal and if not how to get to other options.

For example, for adult female, I only have the dress with sash. I have seen pictures of custom clothing with pants for adult females. How do I get to those?

Thanks.

Pendragon

there are 2 clothing making options "make outfit" and "make custom outfit" for custom outfit you only get one pattern for each age/gender, but you get to pick the colors. For "make outfit" you can make any of the full outfits that you could buy at the store PLUS a few few bonus outfits for each group.
#7 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pendragon1980

Thanks.

Pendragon

when using the sewing machine for adult female you can only make the dress with the sash (with different patterns of course). is it possible the pants were downloaded from somewhere?