Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Spell Book Tweaks, with multiple flavors (Updated for Carousel, Mill and Gondola)

by NonaMena Posted 25th Feb 2012 at 1:01 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2014 at 10:14 AM by NonaMena : update to BUFF mods for Carousel, Mill, and Gondola

65 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 48 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 28th May 2012 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by visa2012
It is worked now thanks :D

Thanks for posting, I'm glad to hear it's working

My Mod Index | My Mods at Simlogical | My Blog: Nona's Sims | Fix Your Premium Content

Please do not PM me with questions about modding. Please post in an appropriate forum and PM me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
Instructor
#27 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 9:58 PM
Hi, nona. I really love your mods but I'm kind of finicky so I was wondering if you would be interesting in just making tuning files for the store objects? I like tweaking stuff myself to fit my playing style.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#28 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 11:13 PM
What do you want to tweak more to your liking? The spells one? Just wondering, because the spells one alters a separate file from the buff one. Or do you mean, tuning files for all store objects?

Btw, thanks for reminding me I have to update this, was busy today. But I need sleep now so it'll have to wait.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 6:21 AM
Just wondering does this mod need an update for Supernatural ebcause that E will use the spell book?

"Okay, I know what you're thinking. Eick, bad guy. You think I'm a super-villain like Dr. Doom or Apocalypse or-or The Riddler. But I admit I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things, a-and now I'm back. I've learned. I'm good again."
Eick (Eickley)
Instructor
#30 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nonamena
What do you want to tweak more to your liking? The spells one? Just wondering, because the spells one alters a separate file from the buff one. Or do you mean, tuning files for all store objects?

Btw, thanks for reminding me I have to update this, was busy today. But I need sleep now so it'll have to wait.

Yes, I do indeed mean tuning files for all the premium content from the store. Well maybe not ALL. I'll list some objects (I know you have tweaks for some of these already) just to give you an idea.

The Rock climb wall
The Fountain of Youth
The Spellbook and its buffs
The Cauldron
The Crystall ball
The Massage table
The Cowplant
The Baby swing
The not so routine machine

So, pretty much all of them yes.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#31 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eickley8472
Just wondering does this mod need an update for Supernatural ebcause that E will use the spell book?

As far as I can tell, this mod does not need to updated for 1.38 or SN. They have only altered interactions, which this mod doesn't touch. However, I was away in France when EA released the patch, and I'm still catching up. Maybe I'll discover something new. But from what I can tell, this mod is fine.

Keep in mind that the BUFFS mod will have absolutely nothing to do with SN/1.38, because I have to alter the ccmerged.package to change the buffs.

Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
Yes, I do indeed mean tuning files for all the premium content from the store. Well maybe not ALL. I'll list some objects (I know you have tweaks for some of these already) just to give you an idea.

The Rock climb wall
The Fountain of Youth
The Spellbook and its buffs
The Cauldron
The Crystall ball
The Massage table
The Cowplant
The Baby swing
The not so routine machine

So, pretty much all of them yes.

I can work on this. Some things to note -- You can alter the spellbook buffs by altering your ccmerged.package. Or copy & paste the BUFF xml into a new S3PE package and make your changes there. You'll have to update for every new premium content object. I may be making a script mod which will make this easier but I want to wait until SN is out.

The baby swing tuning -- I recommend to get it from Buzzler.

The rest will need time. I've got my hands full, but I'll chip away at it.

My Mod Index | My Mods at Simlogical | My Blog: Nona's Sims | Fix Your Premium Content

Please do not PM me with questions about modding. Please post in an appropriate forum and PM me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
Instructor
#32 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 11:41 PM
Oh, that's good to know. I'll experiment with it as soon as I have some extra free time. A script, eh? That would be awesome. I don't mind waiting at all for all the wonderful shinies.

Quote:
Instructor
#33 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 2:41 AM
This is funny... I'd never knew this mod existed and had made a version for myself, was even gonna upload it but you did a much better job than I did! The only thing I changed is that I made the "makin' magic" buff permanent, so I never have reread the book.

This space intentionally left blank...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#34 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukael
This is funny... I'd never knew this mod existed and had made a version for myself, was even gonna upload it but you did a much better job than I did! The only thing I changed is that I made the "makin' magic" buff permanent, so I never have reread the book.

Thanks I've been thinking about changing the 30 days flavor to permanent as well, but I probably won't do it until a new premium content item is out.

Test Subject
#35 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 8:45 PM
Hello,

After installing this fix it fixed the problem but it also removed the cauldron, the multi-tab 6000, and a guitar whose name I forgot. I tried to delete my cache and replace my dccbackup cache but it still did not work. I reinstalled the two items I know of but I cannot figure out the name of the guitar that disappeared; basically the game just replaced it with a sonaflux guitar. I did remove the fix and use the store fix instead but it did not replace the items that disappeared, so I had to reinstall.

Does anyone experience this problem?

Thank you for your help.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#36 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ax_colleen
Hello,

After installing this fix it fixed the problem but it also removed the cauldron, the multi-tab 6000, and a guitar whose name I forgot. I tried to delete my cache and replace my dccbackup cache but it still did not work. I reinstalled the two items I know of but I cannot figure out the name of the guitar that disappeared; basically the game just replaced it with a sonaflux guitar. I did remove the fix and use the store fix instead but it did not replace the items that disappeared, so I had to reinstall.

Does anyone experience this problem?

Thank you for your help.

I do not understand what "fix" you are talking about. This is a mod for the spell book, not a fix.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 12:06 PM
its not working for me!!!! :'( WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!????????????
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 5:45 PM
can u do a video on youtube about how to do this i really want the makin magic permanet plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#39 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 6:37 PM
Pity we don't have rating buttons on feedback posts...

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#40 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ramy10201
can u do a video on youtube about how to do this i really want the makin magic permanet plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!

1. Follow this tutorial: Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files/Setup and Files
2. Dowload the Buff mod
3. Unzip to the buff mod to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Overrides
4. Delete the scriptcache.package in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

Then start your game. That's all the help you're getting. In the future, I recommend that you try to make your posts more polite and seem less demanding. Your posts have come across as rather rude and demanding and do not make one feel inclined to help you.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 2:13 PM
Nona, will the new chicken coop release interfere with the existing store item tuning mods? I didn't notice any patches being d/l'ed, but for some reason the MM moodlet was only lasting the standard 2 simhours for me.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 4:37 PM Last edited by nonamena : 8th Apr 2013 at 5:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MythicMiss
Nona, will the new chicken coop release interfere with the existing store item tuning mods? I didn't notice any patches being d/l'ed, but for some reason the MM moodlet was only lasting the standard 2 simhours for me.

Hmm, did you re-download the mods today? I just updated them for the chicken coop. If not, try it out and see if it helps. If you did already download the update, what flavor are you using? Maybe I uploaded the wrong versions.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 7:38 PM
Oh, I missed your update! Got it now, thank you. So much trouble over chickens, I swear. :P
Test Subject
#44 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 5:22 PM
Does this need to be updated for the "Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection" or are the buffs already accounted for?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#45 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mew's World
Does this need to be updated for the "Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection" or are the buffs already accounted for?

Yes, it needs an update for the Surf's Up collection. I will try to get it done tonight.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#46 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 10:10 PM
Ok, I was finally able to update the mods for the new surf board. Sorry about delay.

Test Subject
#47 Old 12th Aug 2013 at 3:29 AM
Ok, I was finally able to update the mods for the new surf board. Sorry about delay.

Thank you.
Test Subject
#48 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 6:27 PM
Nona, don'tknow how else to let you know. This mod worked perfectly after the 1.55 patch. But, with the 1.57, my sim cannot even approach the spellbook. Any ideas? Is it, as usual, an EA problem?

I LOVE thhis mod, and am so sorry I updated to 1.57. *kicking myself oever and over*!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#49 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tetme7
Nona, don'tknow how else to let you know. This mod worked perfectly after the 1.55 patch. But, with the 1.57, my sim cannot even approach the spellbook. Any ideas? Is it, as usual, an EA problem?

I LOVE thhis mod, and am so sorry I updated to 1.57. *kicking myself oever and over*!

Thanks for the comment Tetme7. This mod works perfectly fine for me with 1.57, so I suspect the real problem is your ccmerged.package. You can learn about what the ccmerged.package is and why it is is important at my blog. If you're too lazy to read about it, scroll to the bottom of the post (not the bottom of the comments) and click on download ccmerged.zip. Download the zip file and extract it to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup

If you have recently installed a premium content item as a Package file, and NOT as a sims3pack, you could also experience this problem. In that case, the ccmerged.package would have to go into a folder with a higher priority than the new item. I would recommend making a folder with priority 900 and putting the ccmerged.package there. Then you can keep these Buff mods in the Overrides folder. If you do this, make sure you update the ccmerged.package every time you get new premium content.

Hope this helps.

Test Subject
#50 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 4:22 PM
Thanks for the comment Tetme7. This mod works perfectly fine for me with 1.57, so I suspect the real problem is your ccmerged.package. You can learn about what the ccmerged.package is and why it is is important at my blog. If you're too lazy to read about it, scroll to the bottom of the post (not the bottom of the comments) and click on download ccmerged.zip. Download the zip file and extract it to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup

If you have recently installed a premium content item as a Package file, and NOT as a sims3pack, you could also experience this problem. In that case, the ccmerged.package would have to go into a folder with a higher priority than the new item. I would recommend making a folder with priority 900 and putting the ccmerged.package there. Then you can keep these Buff mods in the Overrides folder. If you do this, make sure you update the ccmerged.package every time you get new premium content.

Hope this helps.

I just downloaded your updated ccmerged package. Here's hoping. I love your mods, and they work like a charm. Forgot about the ccmerged needing to be updated.
Hope your feling better from your allergies. Had the same thing happen in Egypt, years ago.

Merci
Page 2 of 3