Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 1:05 AM
Mine was the gameboy micro. Good times... http://regadget.com.au/images/produ...e-boy-micro.jpg

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 2:11 PM
Oh Atari how I missed thee and those cute little pixels... yeah I'm "that old", and yet I still love remembering my Dad teaching us to play it. Of course we moved on to the Super Nintendo and then onto Playstation, then PS2, then PS3.... I don't mind Xbox. I've also played most of the gameboys, the original fat one, the slimmer ice colour version and the advance. Currently have a DS lite, and an original DS too. I've had many different Macs and PCs over the years too.

In the end my favourite games were: Carmen Sandiego, Harvest Moon, Final Fantasy (4 to 9), Lufia, The Sims, Tetris and Pokemon. I'm sure there's more I like out there, but these ones I remember most.

Oh Noes Not Another Blog! - where you can see my awful custom content and horrible attempts at challenges, storytelling and picture taking.
Not much up there right now, this is only the beginning! :D
Test Subject
#28 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 9:18 PM
I feel so OLD reading some of these.

Pong. Around... 1978. Then a second-hand Atari 2600 in 1980, at age 8.

My wallet has not been very happy since - the 2600 sparked a lifelong obsession with gaming. I think I can say I've owned just about every console or handheld over the years. You know it's an obsession when you have three shelves on a six foot tall bookcase dedicated to games, and boxes filled with old consoles and peripherals in storage. "Where's my NES? I want to play Earthbound!!"
Test Subject
#29 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by annoainthere
Harvest Moon, Final Fantasy (4 to 9), Lufia, The Sims, Tetris and Pokemon.

This. I LOVE HM. Just downloaded HM:Boy and Girl to my Vita and am having a blast. And in my opinion 9 was the last great FF game, though I've played the others too.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I've never had a console either. PC gamer.

I'm proud to say I'm so untrendy I've never had a console either, although I've been forced to buy several under duress for my kid, until she was old enough to buy 'em for herself.

Unless a Game Boy counts, I had one of those when they first came out. I remember having a lot of fun on my nephew's NES though, back when Mario was still young. And I still have my game and watch with Mario and Luigi! I feel so old, I still think digital watches are high-tech.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 1:26 AM
I feel like I'm the only one here who first had a Wii and not an Atari.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never (falling anvil drops on head)
Field Researcher
#32 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cinder72
This. I LOVE HM. Just downloaded HM:Boy and Girl to my Vita and am having a blast. And in my opinion 9 was the last great FF game, though I've played the others too.

I grew up playing the first ever HM on SuperNintendo, I enjoy the newer versions too but I think the original was the best version - I managed to get the copy they made for Playstaion1 (and I still have it, never letting that go). I love FF 4to8, didn't really get into 9, mostly because my brother hogged the game and I was still trying to get through to the end of 8. If I someday get the chance I'll take another go at FF9.

Oh Noes Not Another Blog! - where you can see my awful custom content and horrible attempts at challenges, storytelling and picture taking.
Test Subject
#33 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 4:15 AM
My first console was an Atari ^^; My favorite game was pitfall.
Test Subject
#34 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by annoainthere
I managed to get the copy they made for Playstaion1 (and I still have it, never letting that go).

Me too. And the other game I will never get rid of is Xenogears. Still have my original copy of that. PS1 is how I found HM, then I got it for the GBA later. I don't know why it's so much fun to brush cows and sheep, but it is.
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 1:17 PM
Commodore 64... although technically not a console it's not like it could ever be used for computing!
Alchemist
#36 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 4:37 PM
A Gameboy Colour. I remember when I used to spend hours playing Pokemon and my mother would go all crazy because I didn't do anything else. Kinda like now, when I do the same with the PC.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Mad Poster
#37 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 11:55 PM
[QUOTE=annoainthere]Oh Atari how I missed thee and those cute little pixels... yeah I'm "that old", and yet I still love remembering my Dad teaching us to play it.

Don't feel old. My first console was Pong, and I was an adult at the time.

Feeling younger, right?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 6:37 AM
Mine was the Nintendo The regular one. I did play an Atari, and continued to die when playing Pitfall. I did like the Atari It was cool, and the reason why we have video games now

But yeah, pitfall sucked -.-" I never could get passed the first pit >.>

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Field Researcher
#39 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
[QUOTE=annoainthere]Oh Atari how I missed thee and those cute little pixels... yeah I'm "that old", and yet I still love remembering my Dad teaching us to play it.

Don't feel old. My first console was Pong, and I was an adult at the time.

Feeling younger, right?

LOL ohhh yeah I feel younger, that and the little kid in me is screaming out I WANNA PLAY PONG TOO! I remember that game too, I would of been about 3 or 4 at the time Dad taught me how to play.

Inventor
#40 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 9:49 PM
Good to see I'm not the only old fart around here

Might as well post my entire console/computer history;

-Pong
-Atari 600XL
-Commodore C64
-Commodore C64 II (first one died due to Orange juice spillage)
-Commodore Amiga CDTV (still have it)
-Commodore Amiga 1200 (still have it)
-Playstation (gave it to my nieces)
-First PC (Pentium 133, various since then currently on a i7 2600)
-Nintendo N64 (still regret buying it, also gave it to my nieces)
-Playstation 2 (still have)
-Xbox (second hand from a friend with Halo 1 & 2, still have it)
-Xbox 360 (white 20gig version, still have it but the HDD is broken)
-Xbox 360 Elite (MW2 version, not that I like COD/MW but I needed one fast after the first broke down to continue playing Dragonage )
-Playstation 3 (bought just last summer only got 3 games, mainly just play GT5)

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#41 Old 16th May 2012 at 9:56 AM
Sega Master System and Sega Mega Drive were both my first consoles. The Mega Drive still works, though people in the US would know it as the Genesis.

Other consoles I had/have.

- Game Boy (Original bulky one, lost it years ago)
- Game Boy Colour (Lost years ago)
- Playstation
- Nintendo 64 (Sold at some point.)
- Game Boy Advance SP (I have two of them for trading purposes)
- Nintendo Gamecube (Still have one.)
- Playstation 2
- Nintendo DS Lite (First one broke, got a second one.)
- XBOX 360
Field Researcher
#42 Old 16th May 2012 at 7:43 PM
My first home console was a GameCube, but my first console ever was the GameBoy Color. The GameCube has since ceased functioning, but my GameBoy Color is still going strong.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 16th May 2012 at 9:05 PM
I know we had an Atari with Pong on it, and Breakout. I loved playing Pitfall too. Though I was still pretty young at the time, it was in the late 70's or early 80's when we had that. Then we had like ever other gaming system since. Though highest system I have at the moment is the XBox 360.
Instructor
#44 Old 16th May 2012 at 9:16 PM
My first console that I bought with my own money was the PS1 but I grew up with the NES,Super NES and the Sega Genesis (with the CD attachment)
my current system is PS 3
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 17th May 2012 at 1:25 AM

Damn that shows my age.... 1st comp I ever owned, Glad it's not the last.

Field Researcher
#46 Old 25th May 2012 at 6:29 PM
my first was NES as well..can't remember what my first game was, I had like 15 or 20 but I can say some of what I had. let's see out of what I remember there was Super Mario Bros, a Mickey counting game, Concentration, Home Alone (I don't know why I played this game. it was so stupid), Who Framed Roger Rabbit (this one was kinda dumb too. I got it because it was my favorite movie) and Duck Hunt. I think there was a Duck Tales one too but I can't remember anything about it.
I swear I don't know why they make games from movies, usually it ends badly.
I gave it up though along with all the games because it seemed so obsolete to me compared to all the different Game Boys (I miss my SP u.u I haven't been able to find it for at least 5 years. I think it was stolen by someone who helped us move but I'm trying not to give up since my mom hasn't gone through everything) and N64.

my...father (trying not to be negative since he is sour grapes to me now) had an Atari with Pong and a running game but I don't think I ever played it.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 25th May 2012 at 8:17 PM
My first was a Gameboy Color. It's amazing how much the technology has changed since then (I feel old for saying that).

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Please see my new journal for news on my mods as well as requests.
Test Subject
#48 Old 27th May 2012 at 8:26 PM
SNES I remember Having Killer instinct Donkey Kong Country and Sensible soccer
Test Subject
#49 Old 28th May 2012 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RomerJon17
Well my first gaming console was SNES and I was addictive to that game very long time ago =D My first game was Diddy Kong Country Quest 2..

Me too *-* but my first game was Super Mario =)
Instructor
#50 Old 28th May 2012 at 5:54 PM
It was either the Nintendo or the Nintendo DS. Then I went from that, to the Wii, then to my current PS3.

My male Sims are...Simulicious!

Page 2 of 3