Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 5:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default sims 2 launcher crash
when I play sims 2 the launcher comes up and I click play no problem right?

WRONG!

the launcher crashes before I can click play i cannot run the sims 2

I cannot run it from any of the packs they just say wrong disk or pop up the launcher again,.

what can I do?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 6:09 PM
Launcher breaks frequently. Don't use it. Game Help:Bypassing Launcherwiki

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Launcher breaks frequently. Don't use it. Game Help:Bypassing Launcherwiki

I don't have bonvoyuage or freetime yet sorry can this work with nightlife or any of the others?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 6:36 PM
Yes - just replace the EP7 with whatever number your latest EP is. So, for example, if your latest EP is Apartment Life you'd use Sims2EP8.exe. M&G breaks the mold by being Sims2EP9.exe even though it's sold as an SP (stuff pack), not an EP (expansion pack).

If you have Double Deluxe or a collection pack it's a bit more complicated, let me know which one(s) you have and I can work out what the shortcut should be.

Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 4:27 PM
Yes - just replace the EP7 with whatever number your latest EP is. So, for example, if your latest EP is Apartment Life you'd use Sims2EP8.exe. M&G breaks the mold by being Sims2EP9.exe even though it's sold as an SP (stuff pack), not an EP (expansion pack).

If you have Double Deluxe or a collection pack it's a bit more complicated, let me know which one(s) you have and I can work out what the shortcut should be.

Hi, I've been having the same problem. I just got Double Deluxe, University Collection, Open for Business Collection, Pets Collection, and Seasons, and I have been installing them one at a time and playing in between to make sure there were no problems.

I installed DD, Uni Col, and OFB Col with no problems. Now that I have installed the Pets Collection (minus Mansion and Garden; I've heard that one should be installed last), the launcher will not work. Can you tell me the three different shortcuts I will need?

(1) DD and Uni/OFB/Pets collections (without Mansion & Garden)
(2) DD and Uni/OFB/Pets collections (without Mansion & Garden), and Seasons
(3) DD and Uni/OFB/Pets collections (WITH Mansion & Garden), and Seasons

(Sorry for needing three, but I'm trying to prevent too many problems cropping up at once.)

Thanks in advance!
diamondnell
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 5:15 PM
Ack, three?! . Are you using AGS?

The easiest solution, given how many collection packs you've got there is - if you can - to start the game normally, click Play as quick as you can before the Launcher crashes, and then use task manager to find the location of the Sims2???.exe file that's listed in Current Processes. Find that .exe in Windows Explorer, right-click it and hit Create Shortcut.

Test Subject
#7 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 3:53 PM
Ack, three?! . Are you using AGS?

The easiest solution, given how many collection packs you've got there is - if you can - to start the game normally, click Play as quick as you can before the Launcher crashes, and then use task manager to find the location of the Sims2???.exe file that's listed in Current Processes. Find that .exe in Windows Explorer, right-click it and hit Create Shortcut.

Turns out it was The Sims 2 Store Edition. Whatever that is. I don't know if it just wasn't installed correctly, or if it's inherently buggy, because I've never heard of it, I don't know what it is, I don't know why they don't include info about it in the Pets collection... so I ended up uninstalling Pets, and reinstalled Pets without the Store Edition. Problem solved! And the installation continues...

Thanks again for your help!

diamondnell
Site Helper
#8 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 5:21 PM
The Store Edition comes with many of the collection packs and is installed by default. It allowed people to download and install CC from the Sims Store, but is now completely unsupported. Uninstalling it is probably the right solution.
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 4:26 AM
Default Launcher Crash Sims 2 Double Deluxe

I have Double Deluxe and my launcher is crashing, can someone give me a shortcut code?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 5:05 AM
You can bypass with any version of the game, it isn't a code, you're just making a shortcut. Here is a video for DD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjpCYSLTBKc or just Google 'Bypass the launcher double deluxe'

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#11 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 5:19 AM
In my case, the loader pops up, but if I allow the little window with updates from Sims 2 to load, that's when it gets an error and crashes, so I just got used to quickly hitting the play button, before the error can get to occur.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by diamondnell
Turns out it was The Sims 2 Store Edition. Whatever that is. I don't know if it just wasn't installed correctly, or if it's inherently buggy, because I've never heard of it, I don't know what it is, I don't know why they don't include info about it in the Pets collection... so I ended up uninstalling Pets, and reinstalled Pets without the Store Edition. Problem solved! And the installation continues...

Thanks again for your help!

diamondnell

This is the problem I encountered. I had to uninstall everything. I then installed all through Celebration (I have everything). BV is the first EP to use the on-line launcher.Sorry!