Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 11:00 AM Last edited by nnn1czech : 1st Jan 2014 at 12:33 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Pets
Default do not appear to me most downloaded files (I have a custom content released)
I have downloaded many files in the game and most of it does not show me. I get a few things from each category (clothing, objects ...). I have not been included in several folders "Download" (download, download second ..). Of all the components of the couple files appear in the game, but not all. I have a custom content released. Does anyone know what to do?

I installed the game The Sims 2 Double Deluxe (includes Expansion pack Nightlife and Stuff pack Celebration!), and Expansion pack pets. (If it matters)

English almost do not know, so the translator translate everything.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 12:12 PM
I'm having a hard time understanding you here... but let's see.

Are you sure you're placing files in [Win7]C:\Users\your username\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads or [WinXP]C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads?

Are you sure you have a folder named Downloads (with a capital D and in plural (with -s at the end))?

What do you mean by "I have a custom content released"?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 12:24 PM Last edited by nnn1czech : 1st Jan 2014 at 12:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
I'm having a hard time understanding you here... but let's see.

Are you sure you're placing files in [Win7]C:\Users\your username\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads or [WinXP]C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads?

Are you sure you have a folder named Downloads (with a capital D and in plural (with -s at the end))?

What do you mean by "I have a custom content released"?

1st I have it installed correctly (Because I have The Sims Double Deluxe, it is located here: "C:\Users\Nikol\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Double Deluxe")
2nd English almost do not know, so the translator translate everything, so you probably do not understand the sentence "I have a custom content released" due to an error in translation. I'll try ta write differently: In game is an option to enable and disable custom content. I have it enabled.
3rd I have a folder named correctly.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 1:01 PM
You place your custom content where the other poster said. In Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads.
The other path is where your game is installed, you don't put custom content there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 2:46 PM
Does the content you downloaded require meshes? If you don't have the meshes needed, the content will not show. Also, does the content require an expansion pack or stuff pack that you do not have?

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Does the content you downloaded require meshes? If you don't have the meshes needed, the content will not show. Also, does the content require an expansion pack or stuff pack that you do not have?

On whether I needed expansion pack I careful. And after some time I realized that there is something what is called a "mesh" and since then it also gives attention, so it's probably not the problem. But thank you.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 3:42 PM
You also have to unplack the custom content if it comes packed as a zip or rar file.

You should probably also try one of these two help topics:
https://www.modthesims.info/wiki...Fracking_Idiots
https://www.modthesims.info/wiki...acking_Geniuses

Also, this one:
https://www.modthesims.info/wiki...ame_Help:GCCTSU (getting custom content to show up)

They've got illustrations spesific for MTS (this site), but the information applies to most sites.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You also have to unplack the custom content if it comes packed as a zip or rar file.

You should probably also try one of these two help topics:
https://www.modthesims.info/wiki...Fracking_Idiots
https://www.modthesims.info/wiki...acking_Geniuses

Also, this one:
https://www.modthesims.info/wiki...ame_Help:GCCTSU (getting custom content to show up)

They've got illustrations spesific for MTS (this site), but the information applies to most sites.

All I have unzipped. And help topics me don´t help (I povolit a zakázat vlastní obsah alespoň 4 krát v celkem.). These help topics I read before the question.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 4:21 PM
Give us an example of a piece of custom content that does not show up. That way we can look at it too and see if it is faulty, or if there is some special circumstance that you might not have noticed. You sound like you know what you are doing, so it'll be easier to help with concrete examples.

I wish I spoke polish, but I'm afraid I don't, so translator-communication will have to do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Give us an example of a piece of custom content that does not show up. That way we can look at it too and see if it is faulty, or if there is some special circumstance that you might not have noticed. You sound like you know what you are doing, so it'll be easier to help with concrete examples.

I wish I spoke polish, but I'm afraid I don't, so translator-communication will have to do.

Unable to see me, for example:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=474018
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=448106
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=428806
Forum Resident
#11 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 5:46 PM
Double Deluxe is a pain. It does not work as good as the original games. EA who released sims are idiots. They released Deluxe last trying to make more money. All the Deluxe games will give you problems that no one else understands because they did not have to suffer Deluxe. I had such a horrible time with Deluxe games and getting custom content to work but I cannot remember now what went wrong as it was so long ago.

We are not suppose to give technical support here in this general. You may get moved by a moderator to this here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help

You must slowly go through this help here again: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...:Custom_Content

Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to figure it out. This is not a good game we play. It is a hard game of always having to fix fix fix it. So that is why much is written on how to fix it.

Wait, I think I remember. The path to Downloads for Deluxe was different than for regular games. I think??

Maybe it will be something like = \My Documents\EA Games\Double Deluxe\Downloads

Try to find this path or one much like it and move all your custom content to it. Will always say "Downloads."
Mad Poster
#12 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 7:10 PM
Thanks for the links. I don't have my computer with the game installation around until later this week, but if no one else has time to check before this weekend I'll take a look. They all look like they should work to me, and no comments regarding not showing up from what I could see. So the problem should be your game.

Since you say some CC does show up, and others does not, I don't think it would be the wrong folder or something such. I have to agree with LaurellKH, try the getting CC to show up tutorial. I've used it myself when CC did not show up, and eventually it worked.

Also, are you by any chance looking at these things in Bodyshop rather than in-game? I recently discovered that some of my CC won't show up in Bodyshop, but does show up in game.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaurellKH

Wait, I think I remember. The path to Downloads for Deluxe was different than for regular games. I think??

Maybe it will be something like = \My Documents\EA Games\Double Deluxe\Downloads

Try to find this path or one much like it and move all your custom content to it. Will always say "Downloads."

No, I have Double Deluxe (with all the other EPs and SPs slapped on top of it) and the paths in the My Documents location are always the same. It's the Program Files location that uses the different paths.

As for the OP, I'm sorry - the language barrier is really hard for all of us to climb. Two of the CC you linked us to are clothing, so make sure you also have the mesh for them. Otherwise they won't appear correctly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Thanks for the links. I don't have my computer with the game installation around until later this week, but if no one else has time to check before this weekend I'll take a look. They all look like they should work to me, and no comments regarding not showing up from what I could see. So the problem should be your game.

Since you say some CC does show up, and others does not, I don't think it would be the wrong folder or something such. I have to agree with LaurellKH, try the getting CC to show up tutorial. I've used it myself when CC did not show up, and eventually it worked.

Also, are you by any chance looking at these things in Bodyshop rather than in-game? I recently discovered that some of my CC won't show up in Bodyshop, but does show up in game.

In Body Shop shows the same items as in the game. A Help helped me just because I did not know that skin, make-up, hair and beard to be placed in the "SavedSims". But that's a thing of the appoint me to appear before that and move it to another folder not change anything .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 9:00 PM
Now I wonder if it can not be that I have Windows 7?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 9:13 PM
No, many of us have windows 7. Make sure you are placing them in the correct place, that you have the mesh and needed EP or SP. If you are downloading recolours you need CEP . Click the autolink.

You may place beards, skins and make up also inside of Downloads.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 10:42 PM
Some CC clothing that is shown as base-game-compatible actually uses Maxis meshes from EPs, so it just doesn't show up if you don't have the EP. I presume the creators didn't realise that they were using an EP mesh.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 10:47 PM
What is the EP and SP?
Mad Poster
#19 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 10:56 PM
EP = Expansion Pack (like Seasons, Apartment Life, and Bon Voyage)
SP = Stuff Pack (like Glamour Life and Family Fun)

EPs add new gameplay, while stuff packs add new things. Some SPs act like EPs, such as Mansion & Garden.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 11:59 PM
If a creator used a mesh from an EP or an SP that you don't have, it won't show up in your game.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#21 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
As for the OP, I'm sorry - the language barrier is really hard for all of us to climb.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm impressed. I understand OP (original poster) just fine. I just can't do a whole lot when I'm away from my game and can't test the CC myself. I also don't have double deluxe installed, so I can't really test if it's related to that.

Couldn't someone with double deluxe and pets make a any-game starter game, and test them? If they show up for you, we'll know the issue is something OP is doing and by comparing we can figure it out, and if they don't show up, it's something technical that needs solving that affects both.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nnn1czech
Now I wonder if it can not be that I have Windows 7?

Windows 7 has an annoying tendency to create two EA Games folders. One has all the game files, the other is empty. You may have the same problem I was having in that there was no way, shape or form CC would show up until I followed this tutorial: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8312.0 Even though BoilingOil mentions installer, it helped for files that I was putting in the downloads folder by hand.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
If I remember correctly, the AGS doesn't work with Double Deluxe.

I respectfully disagree. It says here on the download page that...

Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
It [also supports] Store Edition, Deluxe, Double Deluxe and Holiday Ed. 2005/06.

Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Windows 7 has an annoying tendency to create two EA Games folders. One has all the game files, the other is empty. You may have the same problem I was having in that there was no way, shape or form CC would show up until I followed this tutorial: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8312.0 Even though BoilingOil mentions installer, it helped for files that I was putting in the downloads folder by hand.

Hey, thanks for the link! I remember hearing about how the game hiccups on Windows 7 and creates two EA Games folders - I have never ran into the debacle because I play the game on XP (My laptop has Windows 7, but I don't play The Sims 2 on it because it's too weak to handle the game). If I ever get a new desktop (or a laptop that's more powerful) with Windows 7 on it, this is practically a mandatory tutorial.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon

Me will re-creates the component, even though I have it on the desktop.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nnn1czech
Me will re-creates the component, even though I have it on the desktop.

You need to set the redundant EA Games folder as "Hidden", not move it to the Desktop (or anywhere else, for that matter). Setting it to "Hidden" is the only way to stop the game from regenerating the folder.
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved
Page 1 of 2