Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 6:32 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Reinstalling
i really need help with this well umm my documents folder got mixed up with my other user's so i had to delete my other user and so i copied my sims 2 file into the real documents its really hard to explain but the when i start to make a new sim in CAS the sims 2 crashes (i think this is partly because the cc i have) and i have to go to desperate measures and so i want to reinstall the whole game including expansion packs but my other option is keep the game i have with cc but wont be able to go into CAS and my game wont work properly
so what i am trying to say is i need help with re-installing my game it's pretty much my only option
Sims 2 games:
The Sims 2 Double Deluxe
The Sims 2 University
The Sims 2 Open For Business
The Sims 2 Glamour Life Stuff
The Sims 2 H&M Fashion Stuff

ps. is it possible to backup households? i have this family that i have played alot since i first got The Sims 2 Double Deluxe
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 6:38 AM
backup household? So far, I only know how to backup a neighborhood just read the backup tutorial.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 7:33 AM
i cant really find anything on the help page about backing up households also i want to know about reinstalling my game! is it safe? is it 100% safe? etc etc. i need a reply soon! i just wanna play sims and i want to be able to get back to movie making and cc making
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 8:27 AM
Maybe reinstalling helps you. But be sure to backup the game
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 8:54 AM
ok and i also know how to backup households but you have to do it with them in the house you just make the househols downloadable and anyways do you have to re-install it by uninstalling it then putting the disk in the tray and then installing it like you usually do?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 9:31 AM
Don't backup single houses, don't bin them ingame. If you want to keep on playing a certain family, you have to backup the whole neighbourhood!

Also, don't uninstall and then reinstall the game. Delete your whole custom data folder (move out the data you want to keep!) and let it regenerate when you start the game. Uninstalling the game may leave data behind that may mess up the game as far as I know
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 11:37 AM
Uninstalling is safe, but it probably won't fix your problem.

Don't ever backup a sim family by clicking the Package Lot button, or by putting them into the house bin. That will corrupt your neighbourhood.

Instead, follow the Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ. That will help you work out if it's CC that's the problem, or something else. It will show you how to backup your neighbourhoods, and also how to fix the problem.

And in future, if you need help, please post in the Help forum.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 5:51 AM
when you say custom data do you mean the downloads folder???
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 10:30 AM
I think she meant the whole of the "The Sims 2" folder in your Documents folder. Remember, though, that deleting that will delete all your sims and lots! You might want to move it to your desktop instead of deleting it, so the game can't find it but you can put it back later.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.