Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 4:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default All the Content on my Custom downloaded lots reverts to maxis content. [UNSOLVED]
Now, I've always had a problem with lots in my game whether it was getting them to actually show up, or them flat out crashing when I try to enter them. I haven't done anything to fix it, and so far it has happened to 2 custom lots I've downloaded. The game doesn't crash at all whatsoever. I downloaded this lot here and this one here. And I've looked around and so far no one has had this problem. What should I do?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 10:49 AM
Does the missing custom content show up in your Buy/Build mode catalogues?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Does the missing custom content show up in your Buy/Build mode catalogues?

No, it doesnt.
Site Helper
#4 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 9:24 PM
Are you sure that the required CC is included in the Sims2Packs? If not, you'll have to download and install it separately.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Are you sure that the required CC is included in the Sims2Packs? If not, you'll have to download and install it separately.

The misstiikeri house didn't say anything about needing content, and then content for the other house I made sure I downloaded.
Site Helper
#6 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 2:51 AM
Sometimes creators don't know what CC is needed, or don't bother to state what's needed. I can't tell you the number of things that I've downloaded, only to find that they required unspecified CC.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 4:01 AM
Well, thanks for the critizium/tip, but what else is there that I should do? Should I post a screenshot of my problem?
Site Helper
#8 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 4:06 PM
I'm not sure how a screenshot will help. My understanding is that you can't get your CC to show up in your game, either in your build / buy catalogs or in your downloaded lots. If that's not your problem, then perhaps you'd better explain again.

Have you ever been able to get any CC to show up in your game?

Have you done this FAQ?
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:GCCTSU