Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Create your own no effects mod tool (updated 07/02/2013)

by velocitygrass Posted 21st Jun 2011 at 4:36 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:52 PM by Nysha

228 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 150 Feedback Posts, 77 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 10
Inventor
Original Poster
#51 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 2:59 PM
@SuperSeanski: The teleport ring and light effect is called "repoTeleport".
Test Subject
#52 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@SuperSeanski: The teleport ring and light effect is called "repoTeleport".

Thank you so much, you are super awesome. It never made any sense that my Batman sim would throw a smokebomb to distract my Joker sim, and then have a bright ring of light circle around him that shows exactly where he is. You have just made my game way cooler.
Inventor
Original Poster
#53 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperSeanski
It never made any sense that my Batman sim would throw a smokebomb to distract my Joker sim...
I can see how that would be a problem Glad I could help.
Test Subject
#54 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 10:04 AM
I haven't downloaded it yet, but I noticed you said it was an exe file. I naturally assume this means I'll have to use Wine to open it.

Has anyone else had any problems in doing so?
Inventor
Original Poster
#55 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 6:35 PM
@Anne Ominous: The tool is a .NET program. Out of curiosity I tried to run my No effects Mod tool (which should have the same requirements) on my Kubuntu VM with Wine and Mono, but it fails to find the file, so I guess I'll have to fix my hard-coding of the path extension.

I'm not sure if it'll work once I've corrected that, but I'll check. However, I have a few deadlines coming up, so I can't say for sure when I'll find the time to do that.
Test Subject
#56 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 6:39 AM
Will this work for the current version with Late Night? Looking for something I can use for a No Mosaic mod.
Inventor
Original Poster
#57 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 7:24 PM
@Ajack: You should be able to create a No Mosaic mod that fits your version of the game by running the tool, unchecking simcensorfx and saving your custom mod package.
Test Subject
#58 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 9:48 PM Last edited by Ajack : 19th Sep 2011 at 10:05 PM.
Thank you Velocity. It worked perfectly. Thank you again! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 10:07 PM
Thank you!! I'm so happy with this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 5:52 AM
Does anyone know what the blue plus sign that shows up when you add something is called? I generally don't have a problem with sims 3 effects but the plusses are so horrible! The little thing from the sledgehammer is also beyond annoying as well but i think I think I found that one. I've looked up plus, add, buy, build, and I can't find it.
Inventor
Original Poster
#61 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 10:54 PM
@mlrocker: I'm not sure what you mean by "when you add something". When I add things like decorations, I only get a floating "-§n" that tells me how many similions it cost. I couldn't find that (and I'm not sure it's a normal effect), but I found several blue plusses when searching for "cost". Could they be effects you're looking for?

The sledgehammer effect is called "sledgehammerfx". The little stars from when you add walls are called "build_mode_tool_poof".
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 1:26 AM
Nevermind
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#63 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 3:39 AM
What Is The No Mosaic's Name On The List ?????
Inventor
Original Poster
#64 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 5:39 PM
@CheekyBugga: simcensorfx
Inventor
Original Poster
#65 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 11:14 PM
Just wanted to say that I know this is no longer working with patch 1.26. The Effects resource apparently changed. I'll look into this.
Test Subject
#66 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 11:49 AM
Hi,

Saw that there was a new update to this mod. Does it work with the new expansion Pets?
Inventor
Original Poster
#67 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 6:30 PM Last edited by velocitygrass : 19th Oct 2011 at 9:58 PM.
@missKitty1980: No, the new patch seems to have broken it. I'm looking into and will hopefully have an update soon.

ETA: I've just updated the mod.
Test Subject
#68 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 11:53 AM Last edited by Goga44 : 20th Oct 2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Not a 'thanks' post yet
I was so happy when i saw this, downloaded straight away when i saw pets update. but when i tried it it asked me which application to use, so heres the questin:

Is this mod able to run on mac?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#69 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 7:31 PM
Thanks so much for the quick update! I was horrified at having to look at all the obnoxious little effects again. This is one of my must-have mods. I'm also really liking the new import/export functionality; if I miss something or change my mind about an effect, now I don't have to go through and do every little box again. Thanks!
Inventor
Original Poster
#70 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 9:44 PM
@Goga44: I'm sorry, it's Windows only. I might be able to modify it so that it can run with Wine/Mono (I can only test on my Linux VM since I don't have a Mac), but it's not a high priority for me.
Test Subject
#71 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 8:42 AM
Oh - thanx for that! I'm gonna try it out. I just hate the censor blur in the game :S
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 2:29 PM
I've never tried this before but it looks easy enough so I gave it a whirl. I wanted to get rid of the sparkle effects on the Celestial Salt lick and the Bottomless pet bowl reward objects as the effects are very intrusive to gameplay I find. I could only find the salt lick in the list, so I checked that and saved the package. YAY the sparkle had gone and it seemed to get rid of the pet bowl sparkle too... However when I sent my cat to stalk for prey when they found something (a chipmunk) the 'fight dust' was missing it did look very odd indeed. So it seems that the saltlick effect includes not just the saltlick but the pet bowl and fight dust and possibly others.

Hopefully someone with waaay more talent than I will make a mod that gets rid of the sparkling food without effecting anything else.

just thought I'd report this, thanks xx
Inventor
Original Poster
#73 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 8:15 PM
@Xianah: I can't reproduce this. I just created a package with ep5saltlickidle and ep5foodbowlidle unchecked and everything else untouched and it got rid of the sparkles on the celestial salt lick and bottomless food bowl, but the fight dust was intact. You said even though you only found the salt lick in the list, the bowl sparkle was gone too. Could it be that you accidentally unchecked a whole bunch of other effects?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#74 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 2:57 AM
Wow... Really? I can? Wow...

I think I love you! <3 <3
Test Subject
#75 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 12:10 AM
Velocity grass i found a way!!!:D
i found a small windows laptop to use this great tool, but one problem now , when i open it in my other laptop, it goes to the optional stage in ur instructions, it goes to step c, where it asks me for the sims 3 files, and as u know i play it in my mac, and i'd like to just get the custom made mod and stick it back into my mac, so...
is there any way to only export an important file to my windows from my game in my mac without having to export my whole game? and if so which folder?
Page 3 of 10