Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 4:48 AM
Default Quality of textures on tea set from Old Miller Tea Time Store Set
I tried to change textures on tea set. But it looks blurry. Is there a way to make it look better? I found this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMn...igSlcNP&index=3 But it didn't help much
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 11:47 AM
So far I know (Since I made a stencil remove mod a while ago) The flower patterns are extremely small on the texture map itself. You could try remapping the entire thing.

Or,

So far I can see is the default texture size being '512x512'. I guess you resized them to 1024x1024. But if you look at the stencils itself, it's pretty small compared to the table and all. Yet I usually use that method that's used in the tutorial with black and white pictures, as the person does as well. I guess if not much works, you could try either draw them or you can try find some pictures and see if it fits it pretty well.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
So far I know (Since I made a stencil remove mod a while ago) The flower patterns are extremely small on the texture map itself. You could try remapping the entire thing.

Or,

So far I can see is the default texture size being '512x512'. I guess you resized them to 1024x1024. But if you look at the stencils itself, it's pretty small compared to the table and all. Yet I usually use that method that's used in the tutorial with black and white pictures, as the person does as well. I guess if not much works, you could try either draw them or you can try find some pictures and see if it fits it pretty well.

idk. I found this pic. The size is big enough, I guess? but the result is not amusing
Sometimes those EA textures make me consider to instal one of HQ mods, but I'm too afraid my video card will die after that
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Pink-roses.zip (8.55 MB, 54 downloads) - View custom content
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 12:00 PM
Sorry for the late reply! >-<

HQ mod seems to resize Every single texture in the game. So say an object is actually 1024x1024, a HQ mod will resize it to 2048x2048. Same for other texture sizes. It's pretty much everything that needs to be rendered by the game to act that way. I simply downloaded it for different reasons, yet if you just play the sims I wouldn't use a HQ mod. Especially since HQ mods can indeed be a pretty computer breaking 'mod' if you have an low-end pc that can just run the game. (and for some reason people think it's a good idea to download one even though their computer can't even handle the low settings >.<)

Though, I guess the low quality on the tea cups is because of the fact that they're pretty small compared with the rest of the texture (Like the table).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Sorry for the late reply! >-<

HQ mod seems to resize Every single texture in the game. So say an object is actually 1024x1024, a HQ mod will resize it to 2048x2048. Same for other texture sizes. It's pretty much everything that needs to be rendered by the game to act that way. I simply downloaded it for different reasons, yet if you just play the sims I wouldn't use a HQ mod. Especially since HQ mods can indeed be a pretty computer breaking 'mod' if you have an low-end pc that can just run the game. (and for some reason people think it's a good idea to download one even though their computer can't even handle the low settings >.<)

Though, I guess the low quality on the tea cups is because of the fact that they're pretty small compared with the rest of the texture (Like the table).

True that! I won't be risking. That's the best I could do. Looks pretty good if you squint )