Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 2:19 AM Last edited by JT` : 24th Jul 2016 at 2:33 AM.
Default SocialData XML: limiting interaction to males or females?
Is there an AA tag available that allows me to check whether the actor is female? I'd like to enable autonomous proposals, but I'd prefer to disable autonomous proposals from women to men, since it looks silly even from an equalistic perspective. Something as conservative and traditional as a marriage proposal is one of those things that sort of needs to emulate reality, no matter how gender-biased it may be. =)

<AA>
<AGE x="C,T,Y,A,E" y="C,T,Y,A,E" />
allows filtering on life stage, but I'm wary of using "TM,YM,AM,EM" and "TF,YF,AF,EF" since I think that's just a community and programmer shorthand rather than an actual match to the interaction.

If not, I'll have to delve into scripting again, which is obnoxious as heck for The Sims... once you have to start actual building and compiling in Visual Studio for someone else's game you pretty much should just work on your own game. ;-) In the grand scheme of things it might be necessary to script a Test function anyway, since disabling females would also prevent autonomous female-female pairings, and the dominant/submissive relationship in a male-male pairing might also be affected, but I'd prefer a "good enough" in the interim since user-directed or story progression would still work fine for those scenarios. =)

[edit]Aw crap, looks like NRaas also targets the same test, so this mod just became either a NRaas mod or an exercise in frustration. Again, obnoxious as heck. ;-)
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 10:24 AM
Well, it is possible to make it work for certain ages to do the interaction. Say you want a child to cook, you want to add a C in the age row. I don't think it will really work to add the TM,YM,AM,EM to it. Since I'm not sure if it works it's worth a shot I guess? I just never saw any sort of XML data using TM,YM,AM,EM.