Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 8:28 AM
I've noticed this too and figured it was just the crappy game system i.e. EA lack of thinking yet again. I notice the motive drop in those areas with every sim and it is every time. Very annoying when you want your sim to be maxed (legitimately) for the day ahead of them.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snufflepaws
I've noticed this too and figured it was just the crappy game system i.e. EA lack of thinking yet again. I notice the motive drop in those areas with every sim and it is every time. Very annoying when you want your sim to be maxed (legitimately) for the day ahead of them.

I do agree, especially because I do not like cheating, but in this case I have to...
Scholar
#28 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 10:29 AM
Agreed! I don't consider it cheating, if I'm just correcting EA's poor game mechanics.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 11:37 AM
So here I thought it was in the rules to max motives when arriving at a community lot when it the Sim's owned business (and when it is not )
Mad Poster
#30 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elly87
I do agree, especially because I do not like cheating, but in this case I have to...

Seeing as the shop does sell snapdragons, you could just put one by the counter.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Seeing as the shop does sell snapdragons, you could just put one by the counter.

Yes, there are many snapdragons near the counter, but I like when my sims start working full of energy, so I use maxmotives
Scholar
#32 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 12:50 PM
@elly87: I think Charity means that you set a few of the snapdragons to NOT be sold, so they constantly improve the motives of the sims around them. You might not need maxmotives
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 1:23 PM
Elly, I've noticed that same issue and it really annoys me. Because I play in debug mode, I just drag the motive bars back to approximately what they were when my sim(s) got in the car to drive to the business.

I don't otherwise use any cheaty method of maintaining motives high, if my sims can't use the energizer, they have to close for the day and go home, but correcting that random motive drop I do not consider cheating.
I specifically wait for everyone who is going to visit the shop to be fed and not tired before I send them to work in their business, so I won't tolerate that stupid drop in motives, especially if the business lot is like two streets away!
Mad Poster
#34 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 2:02 PM
I put a CC vending machine by pacotacoplayer in a corner of the shop. It sells a very powerful energy drink that brings up my Sims' energy and hunger motives and lets them keep going. Unfortunately the vending machine doesn't really belong to the owners and they get no revenue from it (it's not autonomous anyway), and the energy drink costs ยง25 a can, but hopefully the shop's takings more than make up for the Simoleons they spend in the machine.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 4:57 PM
@BoilingOil, oh okay thanks
@Lili975, I do the same. I never use energizer or anything else and it is so annoying, you are right. The shop of my sims is right NEXT TO their house, so I can't even imagine that they are tired because of a long trip to arrive at work (and this does not make sense to me in any case...).
Page 2 of 2