Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 4:08 PM Last edited by joe_debock : 16th Oct 2006 at 4:12 PM. Reason: Spelling

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons
Default TV's
I am trying to have a problem solved that after ardious testing have isolated it too when a Sim turns on the TV the game used to pause a moment to load the clip but now with GL it throws a Sims Error message on the task bar, (protection error) and one just then clicks on it to close it and it closes the game, not crashed. I have removed all custom channels, supporting scripts and avi clips.
Mods removed and all custom downloads cheaked with the clean installer.
The game prior to GL had no problems and could play till I dropped.
Now if there are more than four Sims on a lot and one turns on the TV I get the error message.
Remove all TV's or place them so that they cannot be use and no problems what so ever.
EA want me to Nuke my whole game for a suspect corrupt file manually delete everything and spare nothing, not funny!
Maxis has done something with the files as it is odd that my game due to content took 20 min to load and now does it in 7min.
Any sugestions or has anyone else suffering the same. Regards Joseph.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 4:13 PM
GLS raised the minimum system requirements again.
Try updating your display drivers first.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 4:22 PM
Default TVs
On the 29th Sep I had reformated my machine and have currently got all the up to date drives from Navida.
Running 3.2 P4, ASUS P4P800 E/delux, 512Gig hardDrive, 1Gig ram Navids GeForce 6800, specs should fine, Joe
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 1:04 PM
It looks as though Maxis has adressed something with the TV's as I has uninstall all and reloaded new game and began testing and found that Movie clips that i had been using since the release of Sims2 all the way to OFB now cause the protection error. the game doesn't like them, AVI's so now I have to go and find what the right specs are and update them.
The specs I have with two that have no conflict is 128x128 pixels,Bit rate 1024KB,Audio sample size 16bits Audeo format PCM, 10 frames/second and compression IR45. This I wish to have confirmed by anyone that has played with Sims Video Clips. I will be searching the create sites here for info. Thanks Joseph.