Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 28th May 2011 at 4:56 PM
I just pre-ordered Generations for shipping, but it says that I should recieve a email on how to get the Outdoor pack. I'm guessing that one is downloaded? My email contains nothing on how to get it :/
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 28th May 2011 at 5:26 PM
Let's hope they'll send you another email.
Test Subject
#28 Old 29th May 2011 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
But it shows Late Night in the shopping basket before you purchase so you didn't purchase it did you?

No, no. I got rid of it from my shopping basket, and only paid for Generations. Maybe Aust/NZ gets Late Night? Not that I've seen anything on it..

My Generations thing will be a Download. I didn't see an option for a disc or anything, but I got one of the Stuff Packs from there and it just downloaded.. Oh well.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 29th May 2011 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Through EA store???

The EA store in Australia and New Zealand only gives us 20% off LN.
Test Subject
#30 Old 29th May 2011 at 8:30 AM
So ... We got ripped off then, huh. It's a good thing I didn't want OLS very badly, then.
Alchemist
#31 Old 29th May 2011 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
The EA store in Australia and New Zealand only gives us 20% off LN.

Oh man, that's a real bummer. So it must have something to do with the country then. I think it's kind a unfair, don't you? The offer should be the same for everyone, no matter where one lives.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 29th May 2011 at 12:34 PM
Actually, I still don't have Late Night so if I ever decide on buying Generations then that offer would be more useful to me. OLS doesn't look all that good tbh.
#33 Old 29th May 2011 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misanthrope
Woah, a free stuff pack? I'm guessing sales are really low for OLS. 'Figures. It looked really crappy.

I found a lot of the OLS quite nice. I was surprised really. If someone doesn't have LN and wants a hot-tub, there is one in OLS.
Alchemist
#34 Old 29th May 2011 at 11:05 PM
Those OL hot tubs were the only thing that almost made me buy it.... almost.
Space Pony
#35 Old 30th May 2011 at 4:06 AM
I just pre-ordered without any problems and got OL free.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 30th May 2011 at 4:38 AM
I got OL for free, too and canceled my Amazon.com preorder. When I preordered WA through Amazon, I got it a day before the actual release date. However, for Generations, Amazon says it won't get here until June 3rd with two-day shipping (Amazon Prime). So forget it. Might as well get the stuff pack for free. Unfortunately it's crashing my game but I added it to DEP list so hopefully that'll help.
Instructor
#37 Old 30th May 2011 at 5:26 AM
Getting OLS free is about the best way to get it. I bought it the day it released and felt that it was not worth the money they were asking for it. It felt, and was in fact, very skimpy for the amount of money they were asking for it. Apparently it isn't selling that well, so they are offering it for free with a "Generations" pre-order.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Alchemist
#38 Old 30th May 2011 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelicScot
Getting OLS free is about the best way to get it.

Hear hear!
Field Researcher
#39 Old 30th May 2011 at 6:07 PM
Does anyone know if the direct download will be available today at midnight?
Instructor
#40 Old 30th May 2011 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by secretsim
Does anyone know if the direct download will be available today at midnight?

I wouldn't be surprised if it would be available at 8AM, or something like that.

Also, remember timezones. Midnight in one part of the world, could be a different time elsewhere.

According to Wikipedia, EA is headquartered in California. This means the timezone is Pacific time, and it's GMT -8, though because of daylight savings time, it's currently GMT -7.

Not sure what time it will be where you are, when it's midnight there.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 30th May 2011 at 11:24 PM
^^^^
BenC, good point. I think I read elsewhere that the downloads happen at noon EST... hope it's sooner than that, though!
Page 2 of 2